The Mu-Tron / Mike Beigel / Mu-FX Thread

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The Mu-Tron/Mike Beigel/Mu-FX Thread

Postby lordgalvar » Wed May 06, 2015 11:20 am

Nora and UG: does Mu-Fx carry the same mojo as the old Musitronics stuff? I haven't really looked into it in a while (since the Tru-Tron was announced). I just found out about the Divider a week or so ago when I was checking prices on something else. haha.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Uncle Grandfather » Wed May 06, 2015 11:30 am

I don't know, I've got all originals and was very tempted by the presale on the divider but passed. Even though I've already got two clones of my bi-phase in the pi-phase and Faye's her I would be very tempted/all over another if mike comes out with one :love:
I would really like to see a revamp of the treadle flanger. :joy:
Uncle Grandfather

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Wed May 06, 2015 11:33 am

Uncle Grandfather wrote:I would really like to see a revamp of the treadle flanger. :joy:

Yea, me too, but I think that is even more specific and the least likely to happen. Even though it is superficial, I do miss the red/blue musitronics style. The stuff always looked like it was some kind of austronaut equipment.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed May 06, 2015 12:37 pm

Mojo by definition means the item has to be old and expensive and contain less functionality than current industry standards.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Ugly Nora wrote:Mojo by definition means the item has to be old and expensive and contain less functionality than current industry standards.

That's not true. The cheaper the shit, the more mojo it has.

The Mu-Tron stuff is high quality and was expensive to manufacture in the first place.

The Bi-Phase definitely has more functionality than most other phasers ever. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Ugly Nora » Wed May 06, 2015 12:47 pm

That's quite a serious response to a not so serious post. You alright over there?
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed May 06, 2015 12:48 pm

:lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:25 pm

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:31 pm

The octave divider sounds really nice. I just watched one of the videos linked to the first one. They are going to put out a dual overdrive? Why not a phaser? Still want the Tru-Tron.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Oh, don't worry. They'll eventually get to the phaser. Beigel's said they're gonna do the Bi-Phase. So, I don't see why there'd be any reason to doubt they'd do the single phaser too. I think the phaser's like their bread and butter. They should've done it as their first or second release. :idk: Maybe it's a little more difficult to re-engineer than the rest of the line?
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:32 pm

Man, just read about this earlier today after reading up on Steve Hillages gear from the seventies, and here's the thread. Sweet. Pedals look and sound amazing. Anyone here got one of the Mu-FX yet?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:33 pm

I still haven't gotten any of the Mu-FX. I still kinda want all of 'em.

I dig this Musitronics logo:

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:01 pm

I concur with all of the above Chankgeez statements.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:49 pm

So the overdrive has an orange squeezer, albemic stratoblaster, and DOD/Rat like stage + kinda stereo? Sounds neat now that I read about it. Pre-order should be soon! Plus it says synaptic groove...feedback loop :snax:
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:07 pm

:snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear