Is this a cool price for the yamaha fx 500?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Is this a cool price for the yamaha fx 500?

Postby dronemachine » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:53 am

I've heard good things about this unit,the reverb/delay sounds are where it's at.If I'm not mistaken,reverbs should be infinite? The only band that's been known for the use of this racks are Slowdive, but I never really liked them at all :grumpy: so I'm afraid that I may end up sounding like them :facepalm:

The guy that is selling it used to ask for 90 euros at first,then 200 euros with the foot controler included :wha?: ,and now he's asking for 100 euros...Crazy... :whoa:

Got any advice,fuzz friends? I'm not really a shoegazer or some such...more into drone and industrial-like early Labradford noises type of fiend... :idk:

Did anyone here used it for anything more than instant shoegaze?

Thanks,

CWY
Attachments
yamaha-fx500.jpg
yamaha-fx500.jpg (37.97 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
Last edited by dronemachine on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dronemachine

committed
committed

Re: Is this a cool price for the yamaha fx 500?

Postby hazelwould » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:01 pm

C W Y wrote:I've heard good things about this unit,the reverb/delay sounds are where it's at.If I'm not mistaken,reverbs should be infinite? The only band that's been known for the use of this racks are Slowdive, but I never really liked them at all :grumpy: so I'm afraid that I may end up sounding like them :facepalm:

The guy that is selling it used to ask for 90 euros at first,then 200 euros with the foot controler included :wha?: ,and now he's asking for 100 euros...Crazy... :whoa:

Got any advice,fuzz friends? I'm not really a shoegazer or some such...more into drone and industrial-like early Labradford noises type of fiend... :idk:

Did anyone here used it for anything more than instant shoegaze?

Thanks,

CWY

Labradford... MMMMMM, Good stuff.

Never tried the unit, but I had the Nanoverb, which is capable of some "infinite verb."

I dig slowdive... :blahblah:
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dronemachine » Wed May 06, 2009 10:33 am

Hey people!

I'm sorry,but I had to bring this once again... :facepalm:

I'm buying this rack in a day or two,the guy cut the price in half,finally.Unfortunately, i never played the thing before, and he's shipping it to me, can't drive 6 hours just to test it. I'm buying it for special reverb fx, exclusively. So,again...did anyone here had some experience with this yamaha? For all i know, it has that MBV reverse thing, and stuff like that...should be easy enough to tweak...

Is there something that i should be aware of ? Noise, special type of power supply, reliability, etc. :?: :facepalm: :poke: :idk:
dronemachine

committed
committed

Postby the raytownian » Thu May 07, 2009 5:22 pm

I <3 Slowdive, haha.

Sorry I have nothing relevant...
the raytownian

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dronemachine » Thu May 07, 2009 5:38 pm

Haha...yeah,i know that most people do... ;)

I'm buying it tomorrow,i hope everything turns out OK... :thumb:
dronemachine

committed
committed

Postby Z*Z*Z » Thu May 07, 2009 5:47 pm

C W Y wrote:Haha...yeah,i know that most people do... ;)

I'm buying it tomorrow,i hope everything turns out OK... :thumb:

It will turn out fine...if that unit don't change your sound to Mojave 3 :lol: :sleep: ;)
Z*Z*Z

committed
committed

Return to General Gear