Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby fuzzonaut » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:46 am

skullservant wrote:tc tuner, optical compressor, secret destroyer, slowly melting, ls-2 with miku in the loop, ottobit, mood.
second board is sub octave to house, data corruptor into meatbox

Nice!!!

Have you tried Miku into Data Corrupter (into Meatbox)?
Now: https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:56 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Monarch » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:14 am

Have you tried into Miku :cool:
Ring modulator. Drone generator.
Monarch

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:37 am

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby halfwaytobedlam » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:13 am

Image

My psych/noise rock/ambient pedalboard. Chain: digiverb > evil filter > particle > fat fuzz factory > mf drive > tuner > flashback x4
halfwaytobedlam

interested
interested
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:55 am

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:47 am

This is flipping cool! How does the FFF Respond to the buffer from the Digiverb?

I think if you try hard and really believe in yourself you can make room for the Death Metal
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.


https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8524
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby qersty » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:45 pm

sick board! and yeah, you should make place for the death metal. how do you like the evil filter? it looks silly cool but its so pricy
qersty

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:11 am

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby goroth » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:08 pm

halfwaytobedlam wrote:Image

My psych/noise rock/ambient pedalboard. Chain: digiverb > evil filter > particle > fat fuzz factory > mf drive > tuner > flashback x4

This is a proper ILF board.
:joy:
D.o.S. wrote:Slow down there Hall & Nopes that's a lot of melons for a meatbox.

Debut album droppedJan 5. Fuck yeah. http://open.spotify.com/album/0vXjnDeyPNfeXWNvQRYP1H
My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 11643
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:38 pm

very minor changes for some drone/ambient stuff I am messing with

getting great sounds

got rid of the chorus because I am finding that I like the detune on the whammy or the echobox with no repeats better for chorus sounds
Nux needs to be hooked up but I didn't use a ton of verb for today
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.36.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.36.55 PM.png (538.46 KiB) Viewed 789 times
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.


https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8524
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby halfwaytobedlam » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:46 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:This is flipping cool! How does the FFF Respond to the buffer from the Digiverb?

I think if you try hard and really believe in yourself you can make room for the Death Metal

Not sure how to describe it, but it pushes the FFF harder; so now it doesn't clean up with the guitar vol knob anymore, instead the vol sort of acts like a second gain knob. The higher the volume, the more likely the FFF will flub out a bit like the DBA absolute destruction with a little overload. It definitely becomes more compressed and aggro too, which I like. That said it does loose a bit of touch sensitivity, but i mean... its a fuzz

Haha the death metal was my first pedal! bought it for noise rock and used to be where the tuner was. But recently i decided to try learning some Ira Kaplan style freakouts so its getting a rest for now. It also used to be cabsim for the longest time. Great w the FFF but too dark for most other stuff.

qersty wrote:how do you like the evil filter? it looks silly cool but its so pricy

Yeah, the evil part is the hole it left in my wallet :cry: I do like it a lot though, I love the OTT artifacts that the fuzz generates and the range of the filter. The filter also doesn't sound clinical at all and its great having three different filter modes. Best into a dirty amp cause the compression and volume drop when you hit a note is quite noticeable. Bear in mind though that this is actually my second fuzz and filter ever, but I recorded a quick demo for a friend here: https://soundcloud.com/venouer/evil-filter-demo
halfwaytobedlam

interested
interested
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:55 am

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby cosmicevan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:54 pm

This little board has really changed the way I think about pedals. It was initially put together so I could spend time learning these 2 and be portable and without an instrument...but now I'm thinking this may need to be on a table and wired into my setup as is (maybe add some other lunacy to the board like a Klein bottle or PLL or BOTH!).

https://i.imgur.com/DWFGbkz_d.jpg?maxwi ... ity=medium
Image
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:46 am

I like the idea of having some tabletop style effects along with a standard board, but it's alot to set up and lug around.

What's the purpose of the bose speaker?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.


https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8524
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:34 am

hbombgraphics wrote:I like the idea of having some tabletop style effects along with a standard board, but it's alot to set up and lug around.

What's the purpose of the bose speaker?


The speaker is a pseudo practice amp. My full setup is a bit much to power up if all I wanted to do was just experiment with the 856 and/or Cloudy. I recorded a small loop that has is just bass part and some spoken audio into the ditto and have the small bose speaker there so that I can just plug this board into an outlet and then practice without having to go through amps/PA/etc. This way, I power up this little board and use the loop in the ditto as audio in so I don't even have to plug in an instrument. With the 856, I really only need a small amount of any audio and then practice mangling it and turning it into groove worthy stuff.

The deeper I get with pedals, the more I'm realizing that I need to have things at my fingertips if I want to be spontaneous musically and actually play the pedals as instruments. MIDI is great, but at times it is a bit too canned and planned out. I like twisting a knob, hearing, and reacting.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:44 am

cosmicevan wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:I like the idea of having some tabletop style effects along with a standard board, but it's alot to set up and lug around.

What's the purpose of the bose speaker?


The speaker is a pseudo practice amp. My full setup is a bit much to power up if all I wanted to do was just experiment with the 856 and/or Cloudy. I recorded a small loop that has is just bass part and some spoken audio into the ditto and have the small bose speaker there so that I can just plug this board into an outlet and then practice without having to go through amps/PA/etc. This way, I power up this little board and use the loop in the ditto as audio in so I don't even have to plug in an instrument. With the 856, I really only need a small amount of any audio and then practice mangling it and turning it into groove worthy stuff.

The deeper I get with pedals, the more I'm realizing that I need to have things at my fingertips if I want to be spontaneous musically and actually play the pedals as instruments. MIDI is great, but at times it is a bit too canned and planned out. I like twisting a knob, hearing, and reacting.




Very cool idea, I have everything on a big board and end up bending over quite a bit, this might be a better solution.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.


https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8524
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby cosmicevan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:58 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:
cosmicevan wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:I like the idea of having some tabletop style effects along with a standard board, but it's alot to set up and lug around.

What's the purpose of the bose speaker?


The speaker is a pseudo practice amp. My full setup is a bit much to power up if all I wanted to do was just experiment with the 856 and/or Cloudy. I recorded a small loop that has is just bass part and some spoken audio into the ditto and have the small bose speaker there so that I can just plug this board into an outlet and then practice without having to go through amps/PA/etc. This way, I power up this little board and use the loop in the ditto as audio in so I don't even have to plug in an instrument. With the 856, I really only need a small amount of any audio and then practice mangling it and turning it into groove worthy stuff.

The deeper I get with pedals, the more I'm realizing that I need to have things at my fingertips if I want to be spontaneous musically and actually play the pedals as instruments. MIDI is great, but at times it is a bit too canned and planned out. I like twisting a knob, hearing, and reacting.




Very cool idea, I have everything on a big board and end up bending over quite a bit, this might be a better solution.


Make no mistake. I have a massive PT pro. Thats in one effect loop on my preamp. The other effect loop is a PT metro of all preamp copies of classic amp tone stacks and a PT metro with a few loopers and a flip flop and a red panda mixer to feed other stuff into the loopers. I am getting a Bored Brain Terminal for my birthday and am gonna use that to string it all together going forward which will open up some routing possibilities and insert points! Small boards are the way to go.
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 pm

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby JM Charcot » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:35 am

Mini pedalboard that I can use out of the studio.

it consists of various inputs, here the Leaf Audio microphonic soundbox -> ehx freeze -> Caline pitch shifter -> EHX switchblade pro, SS/BS fuck overdrive and EHX green russian in the loops -> Strymon El Xapistan -> Zoom ms70cdr -> Neunaber Iconoclast.

Green Russian and Fuck get on well in the sends of the Switchblade pro, I can use them in parallel or in serie, and choose which one comes firts, that's an good pair.
Attachments
Capture d’écran 2019-08-15 à 07.32.37.png
mini pedalboard
Capture d’écran 2019-08-15 à 07.32.37.png (888.57 KiB) Viewed 426 times
JM Charcot

User avatar
involved
involved
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:13 am
Location: Brussels, BE.

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:09 am

Very cool setup!

The series/parallel idea sounds like it would give you a ton of cool sounds with those pedals.

how do you like the caline pitch shifter?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.


https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8524
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.