Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Paul_C » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:59 am

I started rearranging my pedals and then went a bit mad.

As a consequence four music stands has become two, and a 20+ pedal chain has dropped to 14 (15 if you include the feedback looper).

Here's a typically blurry photo to show the full weight-loss :)

Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cosmicevan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:16 am

Paul_C wrote:I started rearranging my pedals and then went a bit mad.

As a consequence four music stands has become two, and a 20+ pedal chain has dropped to 14 (15 if you include the feedback looper).

Wow! Great idea! Been considering how to have knobs accessible while I play. Did you buy the music stands with the holes or you drilled them? Also, what's in the middle holding the top rows?
•○• cosmically yours •○•
cosmicevan

committed
committed

Postby Paul_C » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:28 am

The stands already had holes in.

The strips in the middle are currently chopped up bits of foam workshop floor tile held on by double-sided tape and cable ties. Nothing stays properly still though, so I could do with coming up with a better solution as I do get a little niggled if they're not equally spaced and upright (I was going to say I'm a bit OCD but recalled hearing someone who genuinely suffers saying that remarks like that are really annoying) ;)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby PSQRCL » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:49 am

This is inspirational! That's a good idea I'll try out for pedals I normally bend to access during gigs for tone manipulation or oscillation ( :
PSQRCL

interested
interested

Postby qersty » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:44 am

Sentient Twig wrote:I don't really understand the logic of my pedal board anymore, I'm just kinda doing shit and it sounds really bad so I keep it.

Yoo hows the freakenbender
qersty

committed
committed

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:29 pm

I too am super curious about the Freakenbender!!!!
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Sentient Twig » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:37 pm

The freakenbender is sick. Most of that insanely priced English shit is a rip off imo, but that one is a legit great fuzz pedal.
Sentient Twig

interested
interested

Postby HorseyBoy » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:44 am

Must be hard to get your foot up so high to stomp those switches… :animal:
HorseyBoy

experienced
experienced

Postby qersty » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:41 am

Sentient Twig wrote:The freakenbender is sick. Most of that insanely priced English shit is a rip off imo, but that one is a legit great fuzz pedal.

Is it 300 great tho? I feel i am only going by my monkey brains desires when it comes to an oscillating fuzz in a mk3 box
qersty

committed
committed

Postby qersty » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:41 am

ORANGE mk3 box!
qersty

committed
committed

Postby Sentient Twig » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:17 pm

qersty wrote:
Sentient Twig wrote:The freakenbender is sick. Most of that insanely priced English shit is a rip off imo, but that one is a legit great fuzz pedal.

Is it 300 great tho? I feel i am only going by my monkey brains desires when it comes to an oscillating fuzz in a mk3 box

Well, my method for keeping myself honest on fuzz purchases is A/Bing them vs my EH Big Muff Tone Wick pedal that I bought for $50 bucks. Because a shocking amount of really pricey fuzz pedals are either not as good as that pedal, or not enough better to justify their price to me. I bought a few coloursound pedals out of curiosity, including one for $600ish, the Freakenbender, and one of those absurd MKI models, out of morbid curiosity, and figuring I'd flip them at a small loss worst case. After comparing to my $50 big muff, the only one I kept was the Freakenbender, and took losses on the other two.

"Is it worth $300" is such a personal preference question---it was for me, but my guess is most people would say "no."
Sentient Twig

interested
interested

Postby PanicProne » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:01 pm

So a couple of years back I used to book shows and play bass live for a noise rock band. Today they asked me to come jam and help shape a new song of theirs for an upcomning recording. Had to put something together quickly and ended up with this. I've really missed playing bass in a band context, especially through the cat tail and ECT. Turned out really pleased with this setup :D

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gjXimD]Image
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby cloudscapes » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:47 pm

minimal ambient board + prepared/ebow guitar

cloudscapes

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:27 am

:love:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby qersty » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:00 am

Sentient Twig wrote:
qersty wrote:

Well, my method for keeping myself honest on fuzz purchases is A/Bing them vs my EH Big Muff Tone Wick pedal that I bought for $50 bucks. Because a shocking amount of really pricey fuzz pedals are either not as good as that pedal, or not enough better to justify their price to me. I bought a few coloursound pedals out of curiosity, including one for $600ish, the Freakenbender, and one of those absurd MKI models, out of morbid curiosity, and figuring I'd flip them at a small loss worst case. After comparing to my $50 big muff, the only one I kept was the Freakenbender, and took losses on the other two.

"Is it worth $300" is such a personal preference question---it was for me, but my guess is most people would say "no."

Oh yeah this is totally true! I was asking mostly cause i feel i get into a "just another tonebender" mindset even with the extra stuff. Tho if its as a great a TB pedal as you claim i may find it worth it.

Though alot of the time i feel that money is alot for any fuzz
qersty

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear