Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Jwar » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:51 am

caljoephua wrote:
Jwar wrote:Decided to try some stuff together again but have a dirt heavy board like I used to. Stacking some of them is amazing and I'll be able to blend them if I use the Klein Bottle. Pretty fucking cool if you ask me! It will make stacking so much easier.

I may however need to graduate into a slightly large board just for my utility pedals, which I have been using for weeks now. Just off board, which is obnoxious.

Thoughts?

Casual 856 is casual ;)

Yeah you should use the klein bottle as a type of send/return loop for your utility pedals! another JR, i suppose?

I actually want to use the Klein bottle as a send return for stacking dirt. I can put multiples in one loop or put one pedal per loop and blend them with the mix, lpf and hpf, levels...etc. to make it sound amazing balls. I did that already once with a super heavy fuzz in the background of something more subtle and it was so killer sounded. It sounded layered. I'm not definite on anything in that regard yet however.

I do want to use the 856 as well. It is majorly casual for me as well. hahaha. I'm learning still and it's going to take awhile to actually understand it at all. Good thing is, I'm down for that now, when before I wasn't. So, I'm trying utilize less as more. Some expansive pedals with some non expansive. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jero » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:47 pm

frodog wrote:Oh and here's a pic of my current board in travel mode, chilling in the passenger seat.
pbr.jpg

:thumb:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:09 pm

I can tell I've been gone for a long time if Jwar's pedalboard is less than a quarter of the size that it used to be
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby caljoephua » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:18 pm

Jwar wrote:
caljoephua wrote:
Jwar wrote:Decided to try some stuff together again but have a dirt heavy board like I used to. Stacking some of them is amazing and I'll be able to blend them if I use the Klein Bottle. Pretty fucking cool if you ask me! It will make stacking so much easier.

I may however need to graduate into a slightly large board just for my utility pedals, which I have been using for weeks now. Just off board, which is obnoxious.

Thoughts?

Casual 856 is casual ;)

Yeah you should use the klein bottle as a type of send/return loop for your utility pedals! another JR, i suppose?

I actually want to use the Klein bottle as a send return for stacking dirt. I can put multiples in one loop or put one pedal per loop and blend them with the mix, lpf and hpf, levels...etc. to make it sound amazing balls. I did that already once with a super heavy fuzz in the background of something more subtle and it was so killer sounded. It sounded layered. I'm not definite on anything in that regard yet however.

I do want to use the 856 as well. It is majorly casual for me as well. hahaha. I'm learning still and it's going to take awhile to actually understand it at all. Good thing is, I'm down for that now, when before I wasn't. So, I'm trying utilize less as more. Some expansive pedals with some non expansive. :)

Thinking about your idea is really inspiring!!! Makes me wanna dig out my old small sub mixers from storage hah.

I know what you mean about the 856 and pedals of varying learning curves!! I’m just so sad that my 856 is stuck in customs :( or maybe it just takes 2 weeks to get to Asia!
caljoephua

interested
interested

Postby cantremember » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:04 pm

caljoephua wrote:I know what you mean about the 856 and pedals of varying learning curves!! I’m just so sad that my 856 is stuck in customs :( or maybe it just takes 2 weeks to get to Asia!

Same here, mine has been sitting in New York customs for over a week now and I live in the US. I'm hoping it doesn't take 2 months like my industrialectric stuff did.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby frigid midget » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:29 pm

halkaloogie wrote:Got a new amp and cab (Carvin X100B and a Peavey Penta 4x12 cab) and have been trying to come up with a pedalboard to go with it. This is what I've gotten so far. It's missing something but I can't figure out what.

Sweet board. Straight forward, to the point, gig worthy, my kinda board.

I'm not a huge modulation user myself either, but for the occasional swirl/swoosh/ploink, something like a bitquest might make sense? It took ages till they convinced me to try one, and though I'm not yet deeply in love, I can see it staying on my board for a while. Or at least untill I find a cool cheapish univibe type thing :)
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby fuzzonaut » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:09 am

No downsizing for me, I'm still enjoying 3 boards through 3 amps.

cockpit.jpg
Now: http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:04 pm

I'd fall over trying to manage all that!
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:08 pm

3 is the magik #
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrfox92 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:19 pm

I think you need to calm down, there, Mr. ILF Josh Klinghoffer.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Working on the board while waiting for the new guitar to arrive. Haven't done the wire yet because I'm not decided if I should add the Octron or not (I want to keep things minimal).

IMG_2392.jpg
IMG_2392.jpg (88.16 KiB) Viewed 3788 times
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:32 pm

add the octron.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby Somnambulance » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:58 am

ummohyeah wrote:add the octron.

yeh
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby caljoephua » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Pink board! Ikea As Is section for the win really, I got this 24 X 5” board for 2 dollars!!

Sad LS2 for the Outward’s volume drop :( does anyone else notice that it dips -6db when engaged?
Attachments
BC7323B2-D0BD-4E47-AF89-DC0C0166992B.jpeg
BC7323B2-D0BD-4E47-AF89-DC0C0166992B.jpeg (381.83 KiB) Viewed 3622 times
caljoephua

interested
interested

Postby ThorZ » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:50 am

Been a long time people
Im not back. Im just front
ThorZ

committed