Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Somnambulance » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:07 pm

ck3 wrote:
emcee_m_prime wrote:I actually use the Polara the most on the reverse setting, but it does take some playing around to get used to and may be a matter of taste. Many of the other settings, including the shimmer one, are fairly subtle unless mostly cranked, but I think they sound more natural than equivalent settings on the TC pedals (I had a T2 for a bit, was too digital-sounding for me).

The reverse mode is useful for bowed attack-type textures when using fuzz, but not having some dry signal in the mix seems limiting to me. Maybe it will need to be placed before modulation effects for better results, though I like feeding the shimmer verb hi-band phasing. Good to know regarding the TC units.

Somnambulance wrote:I actually miss my Polara for the Shimmer reverb capability that my Afterneath doesn't offer, specifically when using it with my Monologue.

The shimmer setting on the Polara seems more stable than its MS-70 CDR counterpart, but most of the other modes currently strike me as a bit meh compared to other options on hand (with guitar, at least).

I don't remember specifically what setting I liked when I had the Polara last, but it was really nice on bass.
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby Psyre » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:04 am

It's been awhile since I've had a board. These are all I have left and I doubt it will ever change. :joy:
Attachments
2018-03-18 23.01.53.jpg
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby emcee_m_prime » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:13 am

ck3 wrote:
emcee_m_prime wrote:I actually use the Polara the most on the reverse setting, but it does take some playing around to get used to and may be a matter of taste. Many of the other settings, including the shimmer one, are fairly subtle unless mostly cranked, but I think they sound more natural than equivalent settings on the TC pedals (I had a T2 for a bit, was too digital-sounding for me).

The reverse mode is useful for bowed attack-type textures when using fuzz, but not having some dry signal in the mix seems limiting to me. Maybe it will need to be placed before modulation effects for better results, though I like feeding the shimmer verb hi-band phasing. Good to know regarding the TC units.

Yeah, I agree that it's preferable to have the option (I made a custom reverse TonePrint for the FlashBack 2 that goes from mixed to full wet at higher volume using the mash button). But if I can only choose one, I generally prefer full wet (used to mostly use the Bumblefoot reverse TonePrint on the original FlashBack instead of the stock one). DigiTech seems to agree (I think reverse on the Obscura is full wet too), but in the end it is a matter of preference and what kinda vibe you're going for.
emcee_m_prime

interested
interested

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:17 am

After a kind reception in the mini pedals thread, figured I might as well go whole hog and show my "board":

Things get swapped around depending if I'm playing solo or band, but this is the core layout.

Detailed description:
NSFW: show
Main pedal chain:
sound source>
Kokko Amp Sim > George Price optical volume pedal > BOSS GE-7 Equalizer > Caline Snake Bite Reverb > BOSS CH-1 Super Chorus > Landtone Dual Looper >
(LOOP 1: Rowin Trelicopter > Tomsline Harmonizer > Danelectro PB&J Delay > Danelectro Hash Browns Flanger >
LOOP 2: Eno OCT-1 Octaver > Tomsline Chorus > Kokko Vibrato > Mosky Spring Reverb > Tomsline Mod Station > Rowin Nano Phaser > Caline Drifter Delay >)
BOSS ME-30 Multieffect (ring mod patches!) > Idiotbox Mad Doctor Stutter > Tomsline Mario Bitcrusher > Landtone ABY Box >
(Line A: BOSS RC-2 Loop Station > NUX Time Force > stereo out to mixer
Line B: BOSS RC-2 Loop Station > Rowin Loop Station > Kokko Vibe > Tomsline Slow Hand Volume Swell > Kokko Space Reverb > mono out to mixer)

Mixer effects loop:
Mtl.asm Count to 5 > NUX Tape Core

Sound source is usually either a Realistic Concertmate 500 or a Yamaha PSR-47. (But also sometimes Monotron, spring reverb tank, kalimba, accordion etc. I have a function generator to start with pure waves for drone sets. For shits and giggles, I've also used a guitar, laying down on a tabletop with an ebow.)

The giant tupperware-like tubs the pedals live in were $5 each at the craft store, where they were called "scrapbook holders". They have lids that snap on for travel and all the awkward cables help hold everything well enough in place to take to from gigs/practices/etc.
solo (mostly ambient): https://mechanicalforestsound.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/
Heraclitus Akimbo

committed
committed

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:00 am

Mad Doctor Stutter! Love that pedal.
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote:
Ugly Nora wrote:People are starting to realize that a large amount of pedals wont make up for a small amount of talent and instead have started focusing on fundamentals like playing in tune.

He said, randomly hitting pots and pans into a looper and a delay.
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:56 am

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:After a kind reception in the mini pedals thread, figured I might as well go whole hog and show my "board":

Things get swapped around depending if I'm playing solo or band, but this is the core layout.

Detailed description:
Main pedal chain:
sound source>
Kokko Amp Sim > George Price optical volume pedal > BOSS GE-7 Equalizer > Caline Snake Bite Reverb > BOSS CH-1 Super Chorus > Landtone Dual Looper >
(LOOP 1: Rowin Trelicopter > Tomsline Harmonizer > Danelectro PB&J Delay > Danelectro Hash Browns Flanger >
LOOP 2: Eno OCT-1 Octaver > Tomsline Chorus > Kokko Vibrato > Mosky Spring Reverb > Tomsline Mod Station > Rowin Nano Phaser > Caline Drifter Delay >)
BOSS ME-30 Multieffect (ring mod patches!) > Idiotbox Mad Doctor Stutter > Tomsline Mario Bitcrusher > Landtone ABY Box >
(Line A: BOSS RC-2 Loop Station > NUX Time Force > stereo out to mixer
Line B: BOSS RC-2 Loop Station > Rowin Loop Station > Kokko Vibe > Tomsline Slow Hand Volume Swell > Kokko Space Reverb > mono out to mixer)

Mixer effects loop:
Mtl.asm Count to 5 > NUX Tape Core

Sound source is usually either a Realistic Concertmate 500 or a Yamaha PSR-47. (But also sometimes Monotron, spring reverb tank, kalimba, accordion etc. I have a function generator to start with pure waves for drone sets. For shits and giggles, I've also used a guitar, laying down on a tabletop with an ebow.)

The giant tupperware-like tubs the pedals live in were $5 each at the craft store, where they were called "scrapbook holders". They have lids that snap on for travel and all the awkward cables help hold everything well enough in place to take to from gigs/practices/etc.

Way to go with the combo of cheap and spendy pedals! My OCD is triggered harcore tho.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:12 am

ME-30 ring mod is flipping awesome, that's a killer setup
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Those are some sweet bins full of pedals, Mr Akimbo
lost in music wrote:Drop out of life with cone in hand. Follow the scoops to-ah the ice cream man.

good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Those "boards" are awesome :lol:

You liking that snake bite reverb? I had one for a while. Sounded really good, but some of the controls were realllly subtle. Might have just been mine.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:13 am

Jero wrote:Those "boards" are awesome :lol:

You liking that snake bite reverb? I had one for a while. Sounded really good, but some of the controls were realllly subtle. Might have just been mine.

Pretty big fan of the Snake Bite. It's a huge cut above all the other cheapo tweakable reverbs (the ENO one is kinda cruddy even by by standards). I tend to set it and forget it until I realize the sounds are too over-the-top/not over-the-top enough for what I'm doing at the moment and then tweak accordingly. The low-pass filter does some stuff, but I don't get much use out of the Centre Frequency (or whatever CFR is supposed to be). The pre-delay is nice.

It also works great to murkify vocals if you decide to toss off a goofy country song: https://clyp.it/bkdf302d
solo (mostly ambient): https://mechanicalforestsound.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/
Heraclitus Akimbo

committed
committed

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:28 pm

I had one for a while but flipped it for something else that grabbed my fancy. It was a good reverb, especially for the price, but yeah I didn't think the CFR did much.
Wipe your feet really good on the rhythm rug
nogodsnobedtimes

committed
committed

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:33 am

Hey yall,
Passive mixer splitting >
whiteheatfuzz > judder > Roland mic input
The 5 on the side > Roland stereo input
Roland sp 404 sx-----------------------out to
Crate/peavey/behringer amp!< CBuster < Revolver <
))need new fuzz..damn gates and hissin beith boringnoying((
Attachments
2018-03-21 00.11.20.jpg
2018-03-21 00.11.20.jpg (290.72 KiB) Viewed 672 times
COMESECT SMELT XYANA
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Did you get that cloudbuster from sonidero? :drool:
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:21 am

no, way back when threw analogue haven. :joy:
COMESECT SMELT XYANA
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:16 pm

New board pic with a few updates here and there. The Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl Hi Fi just came in and it's by far my favorite Chase Bliss ever. The chorus tones are so fucking good on it. Combined with my Tensor it sounds like heaven.

"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear