· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:15 am

Yeah, 80 pedals is impressive! That's quite a journey :whoa:
This is one time of year where it's esp easily to get lost in thought, thinking about journeys...late (cold) night reflection.
Upon joining ILF I think my stash was 30 pedals, which is about where I am 5 years later. Quite a few changes of personnel came along the way; 7 of the "keepers" I had (then) are still around.
Gear has been like lab equipment, while the internet provides a vast knowledge base of information (and misinformation) to reference. Sites like ILF especially have been useful in providing examples of solutions which have worked for others in some capacity, and I appreciate the variation in approach. You don't have to look far to find a new object of affection or source of inspiration, even just admiring the aesthetics of well designed and arranged equipment... is satisfying to me.

My general methodology for pedals has been to streamline and consolidate functionality while looking to upgrade practicality and user experience.

Instead of owning 3 similar-yet-different dirt boxes in the $100-150 range I generally prefer 1 in the 300-450 range. Those are the pedals I want for studio play. The less expensive, yet road-proven stuff at the lower range is essential for other reasons. My breakdown, after considerable trading in and up, splits about 2:1 higher:lower cost solutions. Ultimately I'd like more of the lower-cost stuff to come closer to the results I get (satisfaction-wise) with the higher-cost options...an entirely original lamentation, I know :cool:

TL;DR embracing limitations of what's available (in a preferred device, ideally) to find their workaround is where things tend to get interesting, FME

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:57 pm

you bought all the transparent overdrives !!!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:15 pm

drolo wrote:you bought all the transparent overdrives !!!

:dance: L M A O :dance:

Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:17 pm

Now that's a clean board!

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:11 pm

What board is that? I need to upsize a little from my modest PT jr

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:21 pm

adamajah wrote:What board is that? I need to upsize a little from my modest PT jr

http://www.palmer-germany.com/mi/en/Pro ... LBAY40.htm

Can't get em in the US :(

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Welp. Guess I’ll get a pt-1 or 2 then. Or maybe an old school flat one since I kinda want the power supply on top and more accessible.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:16 pm

The PT Novo 18 is basically a Jr with another slat, so it's a little "taller" but no wider...

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:07 pm

looks to be about the size of a pt-jr classic.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:38 pm

rsz_120180102_182453.jpg

I finally filled my board. Probably done buying stuff for a bit.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:43 pm

^^^Good...this is good.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:07 pm

cvidalon wrote:Image
I finally filled my board. Probably done buying stuff for a bit.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:21 pm

Dual Moog delays...oki

:drool:

Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:41 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:Dual Moog delays...oki

:drool:

cluster flux on the right
Post a reply