· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:35 am

For bedroom wankery it works well enough for my uses. Doesn't really compete against a Blues Jr, but at TV watching volumes and when saving space - it is ideal especially when you can have your whole rig on a plank of velcro'd timber. I'd recommend trying it out first, like most things.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:19 am

Ending the year right here. The Raptio and the Empress are new to me, but I’m stoked on it. Gonna be after a Gravitas and (hopefully) an Outward to kind of “finish” it off. Might end up just going with a Particle if the Outward remains ridiculously hard to get ahold of.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:03 am

May I ask why you go reverb > looper and not looper > reverb? I never understood that. Whenever I've tried that the loops seem less seemless. Same with delay actually. Cool board! There's a granular time stretching pedal coming out from Pladask early next year that you might want to consider instead of the Outward or Particle, as it will do what both of them are capable of. :)*

Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:21 am

Really the only reason I do that is so that the looper catches the reverb’d signal when I actually want it there. Sometimes I don’t want the whole loop ‘verbin. I do know what you mean by the seams though, it’s a pain in the ass to get things to flow well with trails. I’ll definitely keep an eye out for that pedal, as now you’ve peaked my curiosity beyond repair haha.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:31 am

UglyCasanova wrote:May I ask why you go reverb > looper and not looper > reverb? I never understood that. Whenever I've tried that the loops seem less seemless. Same with delay actually. Cool board! There's a granular time stretching pedal coming out from Pladask early next year that you might want to consider instead of the Outward or Particle, as it will do what both of them are capable of. :)*

i do the same thing as adm307 with my setup and a looper. I don't have problems if i start out the loop with something that is not heavy with reverb / no reverb. After that, whatever you record on top (maybe something with more reverb or delay) you just let the loop record past the actual end of the loop and into the second pass of the loop, so that everything sounds natural and your trails are still printing into the loop as it evolves and repeats. If you do it this way, then you don't really have the problem you are describing so long as you are conscious of where the end of you loop starts/stops and make sure that you let the trails overlap naturally. Hope what i am typing makes sense

Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:49 am

It makes sense unless you want to have reverb (and depending on the mode/setting, delay) on the first loop.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:59 am

yeah that is the only way i have been able to work out this problem for myself. if it is really important, then you just kind of have to rework songs out so that they are arranged in a way that fits within that limitation for looping. if the reverb or delay is at the end of the chain for me things get way out of hand just for the style of stuff i like to play on a looper, but for other things/styles i could totally see how it would work fine. It just kind of depends what you want out of it all i guess. Those are my only suggestions on this subject for possible ways to fix what you brought up, i have no idea how else you would get around it with just a simple looper pedal

Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:16 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:It makes sense unless you want to have reverb (and depending on the mode/setting, delay) on the first loop.

I just duplicate the final few measures of the first loop in those situations.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:30 pm

I was going to downgrade my board but then didn't. I don't know if it's just laziness or because I'm lazy? Wait...those are the same things. Anyway, I had a lot of fun playing with this the other night.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:57 pm

If anything it's jwarness :hobbes:

Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:12 pm

weebles wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:It makes sense unless you want to have reverb (and depending on the mode/setting, delay) on the first loop.

Guess it's just a preference thing then. I don't wanna take the time to do that stuff live. :lol:

Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:33 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
weebles wrote:

Guess it's just a preference thing then. I don't wanna take the time to do that stuff live. :lol:

I definitely don’t do that live haha. The looper is more for when I’m just noodling around or trying to write secondary parts. I also spend a lot of time fucking around trying to build creepy/sad loops.

Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:05 pm

You and me both, buddy :hug:

Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:32 am

4me the coolest way to use DITTO is to put it into the end of FX-loop after delay.
i can record some fuzz riffs on it, push the PLAY button, and play solo parts with OD for example, and even if i engage the delay or anything for solo, the fuzz part wont be distorted by these efects because fuzz part is recorded GUIT-FUZZ-PRE-DITTO and nothing can change that.
Also, this method allows you to play SOLO and RHITM parts with different tones.
Very helpfull toy
Aspecially for a 1 guitar band

Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:04 am

NSFW: show
2017-12-27 03.03.19.jpg

s
Post a reply