Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Jwar » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:29 pm

cantremember wrote:Jwar, How do you like the lightning wave cv generator and how are you using it with your boaed?

I fucking love it dude!!! I only got to use it once and that was with my super secret Iron Ether pedal. I talked with Lee a bit over email and he told me how to actually work the damn thing, so tomorrow it's on! LOL!!

To me it's fucking amazing. I need more CV now. It can change the wave forms on pedals, create a bpm on pedals that don't even have it, and all kinds of crazy shit. I really, really want one that can control more than one CV input at a time, but maybe down the road he'll develop that if there's a demand for it.

The coolest thing to me is how intelligently it's designed. He has a rechargeable battery that lasts 5 hours I believe, or you can plug it in. It's programmable, has touch pads, can create all kinds of wave forms, and I think you can even save settings. It's freaking amazing man. I cannot WAIT to try this with my Folktek Mescaline when it arrives.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby cantremember » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:36 pm

jwar wrote:
cantremember wrote:Jwar, How do you like the lightning wave cv generator and how are you using it with your boaed?

I fucking love it dude!!! I only got to use it once and that was with my super secret Iron Ether pedal. I talked with Lee a bit over email and he told me how to actually work the damn thing, so tomorrow it's on! LOL!!

To me it's fucking amazing. I need more CV now. It can change the wave forms on pedals, create a bpm on pedals that don't even have it, and all kinds of crazy shit. I really, really want one that can control more than one CV input at a time, but maybe down the road he'll develop that if there's a demand for it.

The coolest thing to me is how intelligently it's designed. He has a rechargeable battery that lasts 5 hours I believe, or you can plug it in. It's programmable, has touch pads, can create all kinds of wave forms, and I think you can even save settings. It's freaking amazing man. I cannot WAIT to try this with my Folktek Mescaline when it arrives.

Thanks for responding! I'm gonna have to email him and talk with him about it. The clips he posts on IG look really cool!
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby codetocontra » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Jwar, you missed 4 pedals. Do they actually help with hitting the button in tight spaces?
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:06 pm

codetocontra wrote:Jwar, you missed 4 pedals. Do they actually help with hitting the button in tight spaces?

Hahaha! I did miss some huh? I actually ran out. LOL!

They do indeed help a ton with hitting the buttons in tight spaces. Now I feel like I can actually stomp on shit and not worry about missing them so much. Super useful man.

I also know that they aren't the cheapest thing around, so it's kind of an investment. IMO it's well worth it. I've been wanting to get them for awhile now.

I actually order some from China to show folks the quality differences. You can tell they are pretty major. I'm not sure how much that matters to others but to me it does.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby drolo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:47 am

jwar wrote:I need more CV now. It can change the wave forms on pedals, create a bpm on pedals that don't even have it, and all kinds of crazy shit. I really, really want one that can control more than one CV input at a time, but maybe down the road he'll develop that if there's a demand for it.

there is the mission engineering Expressionator, which is great if you want to use it on 3 pedals simultaneously, plus other goodies :-)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:14 am

jwar wrote:

If you're just trying to use the cv generator on several pedals all with the same setting on the cv generator then i'm pretty sure you'd just use one of these to send that signal to multiple places.

Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BoatRich » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:26 am

Snufkino wrote:
John Matrix wrote:
peds.jpg

What's the DOD BiFet Boost like? Can it get durty?

Bifet gets pretty gritty, especially on bass. Not quite distortion but low gain grit.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby nshuman » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:12 am

jwar wrote:

I don't follow them on Instagram so I had no idea that thing existed. I may need to contact them about one. It would go great with the moog board.

JWAR get a Moog CP-251 if you are going CV crazy.
nshuman

experienced
experienced

Postby OldGeorge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:34 am

AZX309 wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:What's that green beast? :snax:

Dunwich amps DA-120. Twisted take on orange/Matamp. versatile but specializes in the doom thing.

I love that thing. It's loud and more versatile than I actually expected it to be. Does bluesy rhythem very well. I just want it to react more to my fuzz pedals. I'm just going to have to shift things around a bit more and see if I can squeeze a little more crazy fuzz out of it, but it's prefect for the blackmetal dooms abd glooms I like playing.
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby new05002 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:03 am

OldGeorge wrote:
AZX309 wrote:
UglyCasanova wrote:What's that green beast? :snax:

Dunwich amps DA-120. Twisted take on orange/Matamp. versatile but specializes in the doom thing.

I love that thing. It's loud and more versatile than I actually expected it to be. Does bluesy rhythem very well. I just want it to react more to my fuzz pedals. I'm just going to have to shift things around a bit more and see if I can squeeze a little more crazy fuzz out of it, but it's prefect for the blackmetal dooms abd glooms I like playing.

You can try a little boost out front to add a bit more gain.

Probably my favorite way to use it for dat doom sound is just to max out everything except 0 treble, and Master just enough to drive the amp your playing into some more gain to compensate for the high end cut.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby OldGeorge » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:47 am

new05002 wrote:You can try a little boost out front to add a bit more gain.

Probably my favorite way to use it for dat doom sound is just to max out everything except 0 treble, and Master just enough to drive the amp your playing into some more gain to compensate for the high end cut.

I actually just reordered the board. Now it's tu3 > boost > fuzz > da120 > vverb. That I think has given me what I was looking for. The boost into fuzz usually sends that fuzz into overkill and is not hitting the da hard AF. I can clean up gradually now stepping down the boost then fuzz then da to clean.

The da isn't maxed though... boost 3, treb 1, bass noon, drive 2:30, gain maxed, depth 1 click from max.

I want to keep my high end for that little bit of black metal feel instead of a straight doom tone. I really like that bite that I feel some bands lose to much of. This pedal was the missing link in my sound for atleast 4-5 months but I doubt it will leave my board ever.
OldGeorge

committed
committed

Postby new05002 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:22 pm

OldGeorge wrote:
new05002 wrote:You can try a little boost out front to add a bit more gain.

I actually just reordered the board. Now it's tu3 > boost > fuzz > da120 > vverb. That I think has given me what I was looking for. The boost into fuzz usually sends that fuzz into overkill and is not hitting the da hard AF. I can clean up gradually now stepping down the boost then fuzz then da to clean.

The da isn't maxed though... boost 3, treb 1, bass noon, drive 2:30, gain maxed, depth 1 click from max.

I want to keep my high end for that little bit of black metal feel instead of a straight doom tone. I really like that bite that I feel some bands lose to much of. This pedal was the missing link in my sound for atleast 4-5 months but I doubt it will leave my board ever.

Killer.
new05002

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Snapped this pic while the bass amp was heating up, prior to playing with the new arrival [density hulk].

Short term goals for change: take the DMM off-board and re-add the MXR micro flanger & Boss LS-2.
Then a DD-7 or SMM, some kinda delay/looper.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby actual » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:27 pm

That is noice. How do you like the Hulk so far?
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rustywire » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:38 pm

It is aptly named, to say the least :animal:
First impression is a satisfied customer. Interesting, interactive controls. Need to spend more time with it.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear