Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderators: PumpkinPieces, metalmariachi

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby ck3 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:30 pm

Lots of variety in recent posts. Nice. Here's my most recent, paint-by-numbers and fill the slots edition ye olde noodleboard:

ck3

experienced
experienced

Postby codetocontra » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:39 pm

How do you like the Scrutator?
I make noise.
Code To Contra
codetocontra

experienced
experienced

Postby ck3 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 pm

The Scrutator has outlasted all prior bitcrushers I've owned, and is far better than the bitcrushing effect on my Zoom MS-70CDR. Other than a bit of a learning curve around achieving unity gain without clipping, it has proven to be a sound investment. Unlike most bitcrushers I previously tried, the Scrutator can work equally well before or after other gain sources. Additionally, there are two different filter types, so it can process both guitar and bass signals decently. I haven't tinkered with expression pedal use yet, but would expect the results to be Nintendo-riffic.
ck3

experienced
experienced

Postby mysteryroach » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:17 am

Ruiner wrote:New board setup.... now to wire it up

Have you used any other tape delays before? What's the vocu like in comparison? First time I've seen one of these before.

Do you reckon it's sturdy enough to stack pedals on top of it?
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby Ruiner » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 am

mysteryroach wrote:

Have you used any other tape delays before? What's the vocu like in comparison? First time I've seen one of these before.

Yeah i own a Spacecase and a Hawk HE2250 which are both tape delays. Also used to own a Space Echo. The Vocu is not near as clean and pristine as the big tape delays. It's different from the Spacecase too. A little lofi sounding but still gets solid repeats but is fantastic sounding if dialed in properly.

I wouldn't recommend putting a pedal on top since you have to stomp on that pedal to activate it and the pressure wouldn't be good plus I think it's sacreligious to cover that beautiful tape window!
Ruiner

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mysteryroach » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:58 am

Ruiner wrote:
mysteryroach wrote:

Yeah i own a Spacecase and a Hawk HE2250 which are both tape delays. Also used to own a Space Echo. The Vocu is not near as clean and pristine as the big tape delays. It's different from the Spacecase too. A little lofi sounding but still gets solid repeats but is fantastic sounding if dialed in properly.

I wouldn't recommend putting a pedal on top since you have to stomp on that pedal to activate it and the pressure wouldn't be good plus I think it's sacreligious to cover that beautiful tape window!

Yeah I figured it wouldn't be good for stomping on. What if I'm using a loop switcher though? (also in a tabletop situation) I would still have to apply pressure to turn on the stompboxes on top of it - but not as much as if I'm stomping on it every time to switch on/off (unless I'm really careful with how hard I stomp).

I get that either way it is sacreligious to cover up a tape window, as they're pretty mesmerizing. Can't exactly spare the room on my board though. I passed on a really good deal on a replicator partially for that reason (also because I've heard it's too warble-y). I figure this may be an option to get a cv-controllable tape delay onto my board, without much footprint (i.e. using a vocu vte-2000, which has all the controls on the side, rather than some on top). So if it's of any use to me, it's with pedal's stacked on top of it.

I doubt many of those get sold on the used market though, so it's only in the off chance one pops up for sale.
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby Ruiner » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:58 am

mysteryroach wrote:
Yeah I figured it wouldn't be good for stomping on. What if I'm using a loop switcher though? (also in a tabletop situation) I would still have to apply pressure to turn on the stompboxes on top of it - but not as much as if I'm stomping on it every time to switch on/off (unless I'm really careful with how hard I stomp).

I get that either way it is sacreligious to cover up a tape window, as they're pretty mesmerizing. Can't exactly spare the room on my board though. I passed on a really good deal on a replicator partially for that reason (also because I've heard it's too warble-y). I figure this may be an option to get a cv-controllable tape delay onto my board, without much footprint (i.e. using a vocu vte-2000, which has all the controls on the side, rather than some on top). So if it's of any use to me, it's with pedal's stacked on top of it.

I doubt many of those get sold on the used market though, so it's only in the off chance one pops up for sale.

Yeeaaaaah, i don't know... i'd have to take a closer look at it but i just think you wouldn't want to put pressure on that top. Would definitely make more sense with the VTE-2000. I could be wrong though, maybe if it was tabletop and had a soft switch on the pedal you place on it. Not something i'd be comfortable with personally though.... especially risking messing it up with scratches or breaking due to the price of it.

And if you didn't see this, here is an example of what it sounds like:

Ruiner

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mathias » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:06 am

The world needs more walkmans converted to have 1/4" outputs and cassette tapes modified to loop...

(Does AMULETS post here?)
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:14 am

mathias wrote:The world needs more walkmans converted to have 1/4" outputs and cassette tapes modified to loop...

(Does AMULETS post here?)

and this....

and this.........

https://vimeo.com/5510894

Ruiner

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:10 am

codetocontra wrote:How do you like the Scrutator?

You didn't ask me but I've been all about the Scrutator since I got one. I saw it on Pedals and Effects and it was an instant buy. No regrets. I have two of their other pedals and am convinced those three plus a distortion and my echo shifter could be "my board" for life.

Highlights of the Scrutator are the size, small pedal and lots of stuff but super accessible. All three pedals come to a whole other plane with an expression pedal OR little buddy (a tab tempo Lfo thing Malekko makes).

EDIT: Not to mention you can get a used one for $150. To me that is a no brainer.
$harkToootth

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mysteryroach » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:22 pm

Ruiner wrote:
mysteryroach wrote:

Yeeaaaaah, i don't know... i'd have to take a closer look at it but i just think you wouldn't want to put pressure on that top. Would definitely make more sense with the VTE-2000. I could be wrong though, maybe if it was tabletop and had a soft switch on the pedal you place on it. Not something i'd be comfortable with personally though.... especially risking messing it up with scratches or breaking due to the price of it.

And if you didn't see this, here is an example of what it sounds like:

Fair enough. Sounds like it'll get damaged in some fashion, so if I'll chuck it under a riser (rather than use it as one) if I ever manage to snag one.
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby samzadgan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Ruiner wrote:

oh shit...

i unknowingly thought that squiggly tape thing was just graphics...i didn't realise there was real tap inside...that's insane good!

i've watched that video 3 times now...i cant stop watching it, its like sitting in front of an aquarium, so pleasing and relaxing to watch
Band: Crimson Ritual
https://crimsonritual.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/crimsonritual/

AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby codetocontra » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:09 am

ck3 wrote:The Scrutator has outlasted all prior bitcrushers I've owned, and is far better than the bitcrushing effect on my Zoom MS-70CDR. Other than a bit of a learning curve around achieving unity gain without clipping, it has proven to be a sound investment. Unlike most bitcrushers I previously tried, the Scrutator can work equally well before or after other gain sources. Additionally, there are two different filter types, so it can process both guitar and bass signals decently. I haven't tinkered with expression pedal use yet, but would expect the results to be Nintendo-riffic.

$harkToootth wrote:You didn't ask me but I've been all about the Scrutator since I got one. I saw it on Pedals and Effects and it was an instant buy. No regrets. I have two of their other pedals and am convinced those three plus a distortion and my echo shifter could be "my board" for life.

Highlights of the Scrutator are the size, small pedal and lots of stuff but super accessible. All three pedals come to a whole other plane with an expression pedal OR little buddy (a tab tempo Lfo thing Malekko makes).

EDIT: Not to mention you can get a used one for $150. To me that is a no brainer.

High praise. Thanks for the responses. Looking to replace my Ottobit Jr, which sounds great on my DrumBrute and makes it sound all Nintendo. I should probably just keep the Ottobit for what it does but I am looking for something that I might like more, or would at least be fun to use with a guitar too. I don't think I have found a Scrutator demo with a drum machine yet.
I make noise.
Code To Contra
codetocontra

experienced
experienced

Postby skullservant » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:30 pm

DIRGE ELECTRONICS.
90+ good dealings: HERE

cobascis wrote:pre-wedding dirge is vintage dirge

spacelordmother wrote: ILF DIRGE KVLT
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby lost in music » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:56 am

Damn, that's the cutest board.
gnomethrone wrote:How to gear: Ask for advice, get drunk, disregard advice, buy something you think is bad ass.
lost in music

experienced
experienced

Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear