Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Sonaboy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Jero wrote::rock: In what manner did you use it?
The FZ-2 and HM-2 are both on my need to try list still. I have played/owned clones of the hm-2 at least.

The HM-3 was my main and only distortion for a garage rock band, then a heavy post-rock thing. I never liked "transparent" distortions or whatever. I liked a wall of sound with a lot of bass response, and the HM-3 is definitely good at that. It's also a bit more adept at clear, full chording than your run of the mill muff.
Unfortunately I don't really have a recording that can be streamed. By the time I got into the studio where we saved music with a good bitrate, I was already into my Zoom UF-01 Ultra Fuzz.

I'd seriously just grab that Behry clone of the FZ-2. It's super cheap and sounds just like it.

https://smile.amazon.com/Behringer-SF30 ... 244&sr=1-7
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:49 am

Sonaboy! BRO!! You're in KCMO? Fuck! I'm in OP. Good to see another local!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Pepe » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:55 pm

Sonaboy wrote:The HM-3 was my main and only distortion for a garage rock band, then a heavy post-rock thing. I never liked "transparent" distortions or whatever. I liked a wall of sound with a lot of bass response, and the HM-3 is definitely good at that. It's also a bit more adept at clear, full chording than your run of the mill muff.

Right. Completely right. :cool:
Pepe at YouTube and Instagram
Pepe

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re:

Postby Sonaboy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:56 pm

Jwar wrote:Sonaboy! BRO!! You're in KCMO? Fuck! I'm in OP. Good to see another local!

:hello: :hello:
Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby Jero » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:25 pm

Sonaboy wrote:
Jero wrote::rock: In what manner did you use it? The FZ-2 and HM-2 are both on my need to try list still. I have played/owned clones of the hm-2 at least.

The HM-3 was my main and only distortion for a garage rock band, then a heavy post-rock thing. I never liked "transparent" distortions or whatever. I liked a wall of sound with a lot of bass response, and the HM-3 is definitely good at that. It's also a bit more adept at clear, full chording than your run of the mill muff.
Unfortunately I don't really have a recording that can be streamed. By the time I got into the studio where we saved music with a good bitrate, I was already into my Zoom UF-01 Ultra Fuzz.
I'd seriously just grab that Behry clone of the FZ-2. It's super cheap and sounds just like it.

I too like it for that. More articulate while remaining wild :animal:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bon Hoga » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:44 am

whoismarykelly wrote:Image

Do I need new glasses, or are the upper row pedals on risers of some kind?
Bon Hoga

committed
committed

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:54 am

Bon Hoga wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Image

Do I need new glasses, or are the upper row pedals on risers of some kind?

They're on Diego pedal risers which are basically a 3" wide slice of U channel with a little foot on either side so you can connect it to your board. Makes all those switches on the back row easier to hit. Especially since so many of those pedals get quick taps pretty often.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby halkaloogie » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Got a new amp and cab (Carvin X100B and a Peavey Penta 4x12 cab) and have been trying to come up with a pedalboard to go with it. This is what I've gotten so far. It's missing something but I can't figure out what.
Attachments
IMAG0876.jpg
Boss TU-2, Toadworks Mr Squishy, modded EHX Freeze with external switch, Rocktron Hush, Dirge rangemaster, homemade Green Ringer clone, JHS Crayon, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2, BBE Two Timer
halkaloogie

interested
interested

Postby frodog » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:45 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:They're on Diego pedal risers which are basically a 3" wide slice of U channel with a little foot on either side so you can connect it to your board. Makes all those switches on the back row easier to hit. Especially since so many of those pedals get quick taps pretty often.

Yr boards are killer. I have a couple of Diago pedal risers too, but I have problems finding more. Where do/did you get yours?

Oh and here's a pic of my current board in travel mode, chilling in the passenger seat.

pbr.jpg
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby alexsga » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:52 pm

this page so far :love:
alexsga

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:03 am

NSFW: show
v 024.jpg
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bon Hoga » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:35 am

whoismarykelly wrote:They're on Diego pedal risers which are basically a 3" wide slice of U channel with a little foot on either side so you can connect it to your board. Makes all those switches on the back row easier to hit. Especially since so many of those pedals get quick taps pretty often.

Cheers, I'm gonna try them out.
Bon Hoga

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Decided to try some stuff together again but have a dirt heavy board like I used to. Stacking some of them is amazing and I'll be able to blend them if I use the Klein Bottle. Pretty fucking cool if you ask me! It will make stacking so much easier.

I may however need to graduate into a slightly large board just for my utility pedals, which I have been using for weeks now. Just off board, which is obnoxious.

Thoughts?

"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby caljoephua » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:11 pm

Jwar wrote:Decided to try some stuff together again but have a dirt heavy board like I used to. Stacking some of them is amazing and I'll be able to blend them if I use the Klein Bottle. Pretty fucking cool if you ask me! It will make stacking so much easier.

I may however need to graduate into a slightly large board just for my utility pedals, which I have been using for weeks now. Just off board, which is obnoxious.

Thoughts?

Casual 856 is casual ;)

Yeah you should use the klein bottle as a type of send/return loop for your utility pedals! another JR, i suppose?
caljoephua

interested
interested

Postby Bon Hoga » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:53 am

frodog wrote:

Yr boards are killer. I have a couple of Diago pedal risers too, but I have problems finding more. Where do/did you get yours?

Oh and here's a pic of my current board in travel mode, chilling in the passenger seat.

pbr.jpg

Best HM2 setting.
Bon Hoga

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear