Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Faldoe » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:42 pm

DADGBD wrote:Image

Not the most "wow" board to look at, but it makes all the right noises for our band's noises.
The AUX is my only dirt (in the classic sense) - it's a light, gravel-y, classic LED/germanium clipping souped-up treble boost into a SHO (for the mids). I use it to accentuate certain parts, but most of the "distortion" in my sound comes from overloading the reverb on my amp.
The little guy underneath is the tap for the DD7 and the dedicated "stop" for the RC1.
Gotta have the DD7 for those dotted 8ths!
Spring Chicken because that reverb is absolute perfection, goosing a Super Reverb with the Reverb already on 10 :love:
Sea Machine is set to sound like a cold, watery slap from an amp being isolated in a cold, concrete and metal room, hahahaha
The DE7 is always-on and set to mimic a dirty tape delay, whirring away in the background between songs
The bottom left is a Freeze to get those moody/vibe-y sound pads and textures.
And the Hummingbird chops up the trem on the Super, for glitchy trem sounds.

I've been through so many reverbs and don't remember "why" I sold my Spring Chicken. Loved that I could just use my foot to increase the level and get what I needed.
Faldoe

Postby DADGBD » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:10 am

Faldoe wrote:I've been through so many reverbs and don't remember "why" I sold my Spring Chicken. Loved that I could just use my foot to increase the level and get what I needed.

Yep! And with the LE version, rolling the dwell with your foot to adjust the density and hang of the verb before hitting oscillation is pretty fantastic.
It's funny... I went on a bit of a quest, because my silver LE Chicken was acting up and I didn't think i'd be able to find another Spring Chicken to replace it. I did finally find that pink one, but before I did - after trying a bunch of different reverbs, i never found another reverb that had that same pre-delay and interacted with other pedals/amps the way the Chicken does. I'm super bummed they've discontinued them. I wish they're release the schematic so I could build an army of backups...
:lol:
DADGBD

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:17 am

DADGBD wrote:
Faldoe wrote:I've been through so many reverbs and don't remember "why" I sold my Spring Chicken. Loved that I could just use my foot to increase the level and get what I needed.

Yep! And with the LE version, rolling the dwell with your foot to adjust the density and hang of the verb before hitting oscillation is pretty fantastic.
It's funny... I went on a bit of a quest, because my silver LE Chicken was acting up and I didn't think i'd be able to find another Spring Chicken to replace it. I did finally find that pink one, but before I did - after trying a bunch of different reverbs, i never found another reverb that had that same pre-delay and interacted with other pedals/amps the way the Chicken does. I'm super bummed they've discontinued them. I wish they're release the schematic so I could build an army of backups...

Just trace the one you have...right there :poke: :snax:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DADGBD » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:13 am

You raise a good point, sir.

:idea:
DADGBD

experienced
experienced

Postby gila_crisis » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:05 am

A setup I putted together for a solo-noise concert I'll play in 2 weeks. Main noise sources are that piezo shaker (MASF SCM DIY_Clone/workalike) and the Volca Kick (which can produce also very sublime subbass drones). I must admit is works flawlessly with my baritone guitar too!

That box over the Volca is an AB-Box/Passive-4-channel-mixer I've built myself.

foto.JPG
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby adm307 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:58 am

I know I’m real bad about staying active here, but I felt like posting the latest of my board. Been through a reverb journey for the past couple of years, and now I have the Proverb and Flint that are covering every possible need I could want. I don’t see myself really changing anything on this board except for the DE-7, which I’m still on the fence about replacing with either some modulation or another delay. Playing “post metal” for the most part, but I kind of feel I need some diversity outside of reverb and delay.
adm307

involved
involved

Postby ognoy » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:06 am

adm307 wrote:Image
I know I’m real bad about staying active here, but I felt like posting the latest of my board. Been through a reverb journey for the past couple of years, and now I have the Proverb and Flint that are covering every possible need I could want. I don’t see myself really changing anything on this board except for the DE-7, which I’m still on the fence about replacing with either some modulation or another delay. Playing “post metal” for the most part, but I kind of feel I need some diversity outside of reverb and delay.

Sweet board! You already got trem, so you don't need more modulation. ;)
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dowi » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:26 am

gila_crisis wrote:A setup I putted together for a solo-noise concert I'll play in 2 weeks. Main noise sources are that piezo shaker (MASF SCM DIY_Clone/workalike) and the Volca Kick (which can produce also very sublime subbass drones). I must admit is works flawlessly with my baritone guitar too!

foto.JPG

Digitech Death Metal :eek: haven't seen one of those since highschool :lol:
Never thought of using it for noise stuff.
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby odontophobia » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:43 am

That board looks great dude, super versatile. Makes me want some sort of pitch shifting pedal again.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby adm307 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:36 am

odontophobia wrote:That board looks great dude, super versatile. Makes me want some sort of pitch shifting pedal again.

Thanks! I’m very happy with it currently. I had always written off pitch shifters as a gimmick until fairly recently. Now I don’t understand how I went without haha.
ognoy wrote: Sweet board! You already got trem, so you don't need more modulation. ;)

I feel this way most times, but I’m a sucker for good vibrato as well.
adm307

involved
involved

Postby codetocontra » Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:55 pm

Y'all missed out on entering BILF this year. Some really cool stuff here.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Faldoe » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:12 pm

DADGBD wrote:

I’ve built a few different Belton based reverbs and they are good. Someone traced the SC, or so I thought. I might have to pick one up.
Faldoe

Postby DADGBD » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:36 pm

Faldoe wrote:
DADGBD wrote:

I’ve built a few different Belton based reverbs and they are good. Someone traced the SC, or so I thought. I might have to pick one up.

How close where the ones you built? Were they all in the ballpark, or did they lack the "magic" these things seem to have? I thought that the EQD Ghost Echo would get me close, but nope. The Chickens sound great on their own, but it's more about how it stacks with amp verb and interacts with other pedals, for me. I find that they have a certain threshold before they start to overload and roar - I can't get enough of that. For whatever reason (maybe it's the brick version?), it doesn't seem to matter what you throw at it, they seem to maintain a clarity that other reverbs don't. Even when freaking out
:drool:

Yesterday, I was playing my Group One Traynor head with both of my Chickens stacked and it cemented my resolve - I NEED two on my board at all times. The LE with the dwell hitting just before oscillation, slamming the regular chick. HOT. STUFF.
DADGBD

experienced
experienced

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:22 am

Dowi wrote:
gila_crisis wrote:A setup I putted together for a solo-noise concert I'll play in 2 weeks. Main noise sources are that piezo shaker (MASF SCM DIY_Clone/workalike) and the Volca Kick (which can produce also very sublime subbass drones). I must admit is works flawlessly with my baritone guitar too!

foto.JPG

Digitech Death Metal :eek: haven't seen one of those since highschool :lol:
Never thought of using it for noise stuff.

The Digitech/DOD Death Metal is very regarded in the noise/harshnoise scene. 2 weeks ago I played at a Noisefest in Zurich, and 4 acts out of 5 (including my Mulo Muto) had at least 1 Death Metal in their setups :!!!:
with synths and noise devices these kind of distortion pedals are great! I have also a MXR Fullbore Metal that works great for these purposes.
You can easely find them for cheap on the 2nd hand market.
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby univalve » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:34 am

univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear