Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Somnambulance » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:56 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yeah whenever I'm in a band I get much more focussed on what gear I need to achieve the sounds I want rather than things that look fun and I want to try them. Kills any desire for new fancy things pretty much which is nice.

Modular of course doesn't count. :lol:

This. Personally, all I really need for most any song is a tuner, an overdrive and maybe a fuzz. I have the Bananana MAtryoshka and Avalanche Run to get weird how I like to. In the end it's all about TOAN
Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

experienced
experienced

Postby John » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:10 pm

I will do just about anything you put in front of me besides alcohol and tobacco, but I don't get high at band practice. There's a time and a place.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
John

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dungus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:17 pm

This is the point where someone says you need to start your own band. No time wasters or dicks.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Dungus wrote:This is the point where someone says you need to start your own band. No time wasters or dicks.

I think if I had this conversation with someone in person and they said, with with nothing but wide eyed sincerity in their voice, "You should start your own band"...I would hit them in the head with the nearest heavy object.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dungus » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:33 pm

Corey Y wrote:
Dungus wrote:This is the point where someone says you need to start your own band. No time wasters or dicks.

I think if I had this conversation with someone in person and they said, with with nothing but wide eyed sincerity in their voice, "You should start your own band"...I would hit them in the head with the nearest heavy object.

:lol:

Well all I mean is stick up an ad or whatever looking for like-minded folk, as opposed to offering your services. People who don't drink etc.
That's all I know about starting a band haha. Worked for me on Livejournal. 2005 fuck yeah.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Dungus wrote:
Corey Y wrote:

:lol:

Well all I mean is stick up an ad or whatever looking for like-minded folk, as opposed to offering your services. People who don't drink etc.
That's all I know about starting a band haha. Worked for me on Livejournal. 2005 fuck yeah.

I've been giving this a shot since about 2014. From January to June of that year, I think I tried out something like 20 people for a band, with loosely written and demo recorded songs ready to go. About 10 were reasonable leads, 4 or 5 expressed interest in starting a band...every single one flaked out. Like no call, no show or canceled an hour before first real practice and never heard from them again. Twice after renting a practice space. To be fair I haven't really tried this year, apart from jamming with people a few times.

People who posted in the stoner/doom bassists thread on TalkBass know how much longer and more pathetic and frustrating of a story it actually is lol.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Dude, story of my life.
I've learned to accept that all musicians are flakes.
One of the rules I had to establish for myself is "don't expect them show up"/"don't twist your day to fit their supposed schedule". Also, if they don't show up early, they're not showing up.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:37 pm

I think I found the perfect gig.

What do you guys think?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://kansascity.craigslist.org/muc/d ... 62274.html
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:52 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I think I found the perfect gig.

What do you guys think?

Must have own transportation and own set of armor? :success:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:18 pm

Hoping in on the band discussion. My ideal band is me and maybe one or two other people with guest spots. I really like what Retinal Orbita does with his project. I believe it's two people and the welcom collaborators (like if you want to do something cool...if not totally fine...maybe you'll come in again...like a radio show).
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:25 pm

I also have a preference for power trios. Efficiency in general I guess. Probably because I've usually been the primary songwriter, but also bass in a lot of bands. Dual guitars or keys can be cool, if it's built into the foundation of the songwriting.

I need a bigger pedalboard. Now that I started playing around with more reverb, delay and modulation on guitar, my PT mini isn't quite big enough for the pedals I want to use all together. Without the tuner it works pretty well as a pedaboard for my little MicroBrute though.
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Power trios are good. Plenty of room for everyone to breathe. Just joined one again and it's super fun.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I think I found the perfect gig.

What do you guys think?

Yeah this is the one dude! ;)

John wrote:I will do just about anything you put in front of me besides alcohol and tobacco, but I don't get high at band practice. There's a time and a place.

Yeah this pretty much. Unless everyone thinks it would be fun just for one practice to get drunk/high and accept you won't get much productive done, which has worked for me in the past as a blow off steam on a friday sort of activity but not at all as a serious band practice. Since the whole band was cool with it it worked.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby PeteeBee » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:01 pm

First pedalboard pic in a long time. Cat Tail, Space Spiral, Rubberneck, and looper are all gifts from folks on here. This is seriously the best community.

Has anyone else gone from a polytune to a boss tuner? Seems to take a lot longer but maybe is a little more accurate?
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:01 pm

PeteeBee wrote:Image

First pedalboard pic in a long time. Cat Tail, Space Spiral, Rubberneck, and looper are all gifts from folks on here. This is seriously the best community.

Has anyone else gone from a polytune to a boss tuner? Seems to take a lot longer but maybe is a little more accurate?

Sweeeeet! This might be the first time I've seen a Rubberneck in the wild. Enjoying it?
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AZX309 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:04 pm

PeteeBee wrote:Image

that Space Spiral/Rubberneck combo must sound killer
https://www.instagram.com/maskaudioelectronics/
D.o.S. wrote:you're not my real dad

Corey Y wrote: Tone is in the dingus.
AZX309

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear