Postby space6oy » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:38 pm

tube board.

(vacuum, get it?)
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby codetocontra » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:10 am

Thinking I will get either another PP2+ or a Walrus Aetos. Just made a decision to put a board together again. Getting a new power supply and going to commit to using my old DIY board that I made from a tool case. It is about 16" x 12", could easily hold 8 regular sized pedals. For the last 2 years my board has been disassembled and ideas have been in disarray. I suck at collecting things and it fundamentally bothers me to keep things around that don't get used. So my plan will be to just stick to my board and rotate pedals in/out of my life as needed. This feels like a big deal for me because it has been a nagging source of frustration due to indecisions. This is how I begin to start over:

codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:23 am

:|: :idk: :poke:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.

https://soundcloud.com/invisible-man-music
https://bradromans.bandcamp.com/album/figures
Invisible Man

Zen of BILF
Zen of BILF

Postby Eivind August » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:45 am

That's a beautiful board, ctc! :love:
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:40 am

codetocontra wrote:Thinking I will get either another PP2+ or a Walrus Aetos. Just made a decision to put a board together again. Getting a new power supply and going to commit to using my old DIY board that I made from a tool case. It is about 16" x 12", could easily hold 8 regular sized pedals. For the last 2 years my board has been disassembled and ideas have been in disarray. I suck at collecting things and it fundamentally bothers me to keep things around that don't get used. So my plan will be to just stick to my board and rotate pedals in/out of my life as needed. This feels like a big deal for me because it has been a nagging source of frustration due to indecisions. This is how I begin to start over:

Some noice peds, I'm very interested in those revolvers :eek:
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eric! » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:58 am

baremountain wrote:Image
Assembled this board for a solo set this Saturday. Doing electric guitar & vocals. Guitar goes Ct5 -> Pitchfactor -> Dream Reaper - > Spectre -> No Memory -> Happiness -> Possessed -> Pretty Years -> DL4 -> Gen Loss || Vocals go Accountant -> Reflector (fuckin sick octave up sound for vox) -> Echo Degrader -> Supermoon Chrome.
Also these are some damn fine boards!

I believe that you sir, have won ILF and as such, the internet.
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:30 pm

Broadcast goes straight on the board
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby space6oy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:41 pm

that is one ugly DL4.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:07 pm

space6oy wrote:that is one ugly DL4.

I was under the impression that if you owned a DL4, you had to make it your own brand of ugly.
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:55 pm

Same changes has been made.

The white thing up top is a reverse A/B switcher by AE so you can switch between two basses [in my case my NS upright and by bass guitar]
Got a X-blender, love it, it's awesome, you all need one, go buy one.
TYM mud fuzz, yes some one finally made a pedal named this! it... a huge sounding gated fuzz with a lot of mids vs trebles, it is my new synth sound pedal. the rest you all have seen many times, and stuff.. :hug:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby johnnydeformed » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:26 am

I've been changing things a lot lately trying to get the right sounds in my current band. Hopefully, this latest configuration works.

Korg Pitchblack Mini Tuner → Fairfield Circuitry Feedback Looper → Electronic Audio Experiments Claymore overdrive/distortion→ Iron Ether QF2 Multi-band distortion → Fairfield Circuitry Feedback Looper → Rehoused EQD Tone Job EQ/Clean Boost → Catalinbread Belle Epoch Tape Delay → Triode Pedals Hexagon Delay → Walrus Audio Descent Reverb → TC Electronics Ditto X2 Looper

johnnydeformed

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Invisible Man wrote::|: :idk: :poke:

Yeah. Sold all my DL4s. Frees me up to explore some other glitching looping pedals. Thinking hard about a CT5, 856 or even an RV3. I could always get another DL4. Heck, I can get one this afternoon...

Eivind August wrote:That's a beautiful board, ctc! :love:

Thanks! It's my rock bottom I guess. My setup didn't change for 3 years after I built this board. Ditching velcro for metal brackets and screws was much more symbolic than I had imagined it would be, sort of making my pedals more permanent in my setup. I have pictures of the build process, maybe I should post a DIY pedalboard tutorial thread?

MechaGodzilla wrote:Some noice peds, I'm very interested in those revolvers :eek:

The Ping Pong mode is beautiful. Lots of versatility built into the pedal throughout all the modes and covers similar ground to other freeze and glitch pedals. At this point I think the Revolver is sort of the foundation for how I am rebuilding my setup. It is a lot of fun to use it to resample another glitch or loop.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:36 pm

codetocontra wrote:Image

What's the story with the green bixonic looking thing? :joy:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:43 pm

Its an Antech Vintage Germanium Fuzz, essentially a fuzz face. Made by my guitar tech friend here in town. The enclosure itself is just a 4" round electrical junction box wrapped in fabric. Circuit is point-to-point wired and definitely modded to his specs, not matching any schematics I have come across. It was never my #1 gain pedal until now, by default. May swap it our for something else in the future.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:34 am

Mudfuzz wrote:Image

Same changes has been made.

The white thing up top is a reverse A/B switcher by AE so you can switch between two basses [in my case my NS upright and by bass guitar]
Got a X-blender, love it, it's awesome, you all need one, go buy one.
TYM mud fuzz, yes some one finally made a pedal named this! it... a huge sounding gated fuzz with a lot of mids vs trebles, it is my new synth sound pedal. the rest you all have seen many times, and stuff.. :hug:

I love your boards dude. I want to slam that Moog shit with a hot preamp so bad. They sound awesome with actives. Ugh.

So the Tym pedals are worth it then?? I follow him on Instagram but I've never understood his pedals as they all look like they are the same? I think that's the gimmick though. Limited controls, but vast sounds. Did you do vids of that one?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear