Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:58 pm

:thumb: :!!!:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dandy13 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:40 am

MrNovember wrote:I was trying to sell a bunch of pedals, but I finally gave up and found new uses for them. So this is my new pedalboard:
Chain is:
Polytune > Accountant > Luminary > Transmisser > Tetanus Booster > Rainbow Machine > VPJR > CT5 > Clarinot > H9 > 10 Band > Fender Excelsior

:love: :love: :love:
dandy13

committed
committed

Postby Dowi » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:25 am

MrNovember wrote:
Chain is:
Polytune > Accountant > Luminary > Transmisser > Tetanus Booster > Rainbow Machine > VPJR > CT5 > Clarinot > H9 > 10 Band > Fender Excelsior

Nice choices here, but the thing that fascinates me the most is the chain, I would have placed mostly everything the opposite way. Tetanus after Transmisser and Before Rainbow Machine must sound totally nuts. :thumb:
BIRCH BARK | Solo stuff | Bandcamp - Youtube
HIBAGON | Polyrhythmic Heavy Duo | Bandcamp - Spotyshit
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:43 am

[quote="Dowi"][quote="MrNovember"]
Chain is:
Polytune > Accountant > Luminary > Transmisser > Tetanus Booster > Rainbow Machine > VPJR > CT5 > Clarinot > H9 > 10 Band > Fender Excelsior[/quote]

Nice choices here, but the thing that fascinates me the most is the chain, I would have placed mostly everything the opposite way. Tetanus after Transmisser and Before Rainbow Machine must sound totally nuts. :thumb:[/quote]
It is pretty crazy! I'm mostly using the Rainbow Machine as a detune/chorus/doubler (with the pitch set just off unity), which is why it ended up after the Tetanus. But I do have to try to see what kind of nonsense I can get with the Luminary/Rainbow Machine combo; I'm sure it will be polyphonic pitch shifting insanity!

The Transmisser is actually one of the pedals I was trying to sell and decided to keep. I bought it with the intention as an end of chain reverb, but it was a little too wild for that. Decided to try it as a pre-dirt reverb and really liked it there! H9 is taking its place and will be used either as end of chain reverb or a looper. The H9 is another pedal I was trying to sell. I bought it with the intention to use it with synths, but it doesn't love synth signals, so I decided to try it on the pedalboard and it was kind of a perfect solution to my Transmisser problem.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Dowi » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:18 am

MrNovember wrote:It is pretty crazy! I'm mostly using the Rainbow Machine as a detune/chorus/doubler (with the pitch set just off unity), which is why it ended up after the Tetanus. But I do have to try to see what kind of nonsense I can get with the Luminary/Rainbow Machine combo; I'm sure it will be polyphonic pitch shifting insanity!

The Transmisser is actually one of the pedals I was trying to sell and decided to keep. I bought it with the intention as an end of chain reverb, but it was a little too wild for that. Decided to try it as a pre-dirt reverb and really liked it there! H9 is taking its place and will be used either as end of chain reverb or a looper. The H9 is another pedal I was trying to sell. I bought it with the intention to use it with synths, but it doesn't love synth signals, so I decided to try it on the pedalboard and it was kind of a perfect solution to my Transmisser problem.

Sounds rad. I have been wanting the Transmisser for a long time but when I tried it it was a major bummer for me, does nice stuff but not exactly the specific things I thought it did. I found it was useful just for pads and stuff like that, but didn't react well to dynamic playing, as everything would became or too quiet or too messy. :idk:
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:51 am

Dowi wrote:Sounds rad. I have been wanting the Transmisser for a long time but when I tried it it was a major bummer for me, does nice stuff but not exactly the specific things I thought it did. I found it was useful just for pads and stuff like that, but didn't react well to dynamic playing, as everything would became or too quiet or too messy. :idk:

That's exactly what I found as well, which is why I was originally trying to sell it. But I found if you turn the mix way down, you can coax some more standard reverb sounds out of it
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Dowi » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:40 am

MrNovember wrote:
Dowi wrote:Sounds rad. I have been wanting the Transmisser for a long time but when I tried it it was a major bummer for me, does nice stuff but not exactly the specific things I thought it did. I found it was useful just for pads and stuff like that, but didn't react well to dynamic playing, as everything would became or too quiet or too messy. :idk:

That's exactly what I found as well, which is why I was originally trying to sell it. But I found if you turn the mix way down, you can coax some more standard reverb sounds out of it

Yeah, I just thought that I could grab a hundred other reverbs that could do the things I needed and more.
Dowi

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MrNovember » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:30 am

Dowi wrote:
MrNovember wrote:

Yeah, I just thought that I could grab a hundred other reverbs that could do the things I needed and more.

This was also my plan, but nothing I post has been moving on the used market lately. Pretty much everything I post sits long enough for me to second guess why I'm selling it and long enough to find new uses for it.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby ummohyeah » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:56 pm

MrNovember, what Jazzmaster is that? thing is sick.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:25 pm

ummohyeah wrote:MrNovember, what Jazzmaster is that? thing is sick.

That's a blacktop JM that has been extensively modded. Previous owner swapped the cap and the bridge pickup to a Gibson Dirty Fingers. I swapped the pickguard, the bridge, slapped on the stickers, and swapped the neck to a baritone neck. I absolutely love it
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby chromewaves_ » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:45 pm

My current setup for post-punk/new wave/dream-pop/shoegaze excursions:

Ernie Ball 250k Mono Volume Pedal >
Area 51 Wah >
Hotone Skyline Tuner >
Visual Sound Pure Tone Buffer >
Xotic SP Compressor >
Paul Cochrane Timmy V1 (run at 18V) >
Stomp Under Foot Skinner Box >
Animals Pedal Fishing Is As Fun As Fuzz >
MXR Booster Mini >
Disaster Area PBA-4 insert (patchbay to allow quick switch from 4-cable effects loop to all front-end) >
MXR M101 Phase 90 (w r28 mod) >
Retro-Sonic Flanger >
Walrus Audio Julia Analog Chorus/Vibrato >
Boss DC-2w Dimension C >
Zoom MS-70CDR in Saturnworks True Bypass Looper >
Strymon El Capistan dTape Echo w Lizard Breath Favourite Switch >
Neunaber Immerse Reverberator Mk II >
EBS TremoLo >
Boss RC-3 Loop Station w Saturnworks Soft Touch Double Tap Tempo
Heet Sound Plus EBow

all mounted on a Pedaltrain PT-2, powered by a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus and Donner DP-1 into Fender ‘65 Deluxe Reverb RI, Trace Elliot C30 Speed Twin, Roland JC22 Jazz Chorus
chromewaves_

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:53 pm

Nice. :D How you likin' that Retro-Sonic Flanger?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby chromewaves_ » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Nice. :D How you likin' that Retro-Sonic Flanger?

like it a lot - I wanted that liquidy flange more than the jet plane that my MXR Micro Flanger gave me. I can still get that from emulations on the Zoom.
chromewaves_

interested
interested

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:02 pm

Omg three amp set up! What a debut post! Would love to hear your chunes!
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:20 am

Crazy stuff chromewaves. Envious of that Deluxe Reverb! What kinda stuff do you use the 70CDR for?
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear