Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your PEDAL BOARD!

Postby sylnau » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:13 am

caljoephua wrote:Image

TU2 - CT5 - Philo Tone - Rainbow Machine - Chime - Timmy - Demo Tape - Bitquest - DM3 - Nemesis - Flint - EP Booster - EQ - DD6

Here's what im working with nowadays!

Rainbow Machine (shoutout to jskadiang! Thanks for the Timmy too!) gets swapped out when i need my POG2 in that slot!

Demo tape fuzz is true sonic destruction to my ears :excellent:

Which pedal is the EQ? Where is the EP Booster (I don't see it)?

UglyCasanova wrote:Nice to see a Demo Tape on a board. I've been meaning to try one for ages now, it seems. Gotta get on that. Sweet board!

It's the best fuzz ever.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:34 am

under the board stuff?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby caljoephua » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:11 pm

Silly me! First post jitters, i swear! Here's a picture of what the under carriage looked like, before i swapped over to the Novo18. It's remained unchanged!

EP Booster is set at the default +3db and flat eq setting. Just adds a very slight compression and juju to the end of the chain! The EQ is the Source Audio Programmable EQ, which I have a few presets for different guitars that i use live!

I also utilise the EQ to affect the whole signal before it hits any backline amp provided by a venue, when i don't have the luxury of bringing my own amp! (this way, it keeps the guitar tone more consistent between amps, you'll never know what a venue might have!)
caljoephua

interested
interested

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Silly me! First post jitters, i swear! Here's a picture of what the under carriage looked like, before i swapped over to the Novo18. It's remained unchanged!

EP Booster is set at the default +3db and flat eq setting. Just adds a very slight compression and juju to the end of the chain! The EQ is the Source Audio Programmable EQ, which I have a few presets for different guitars that i use live!

I also utilise the EQ to affect the whole signal before it hits any backline amp provided by a venue, when i don't have the luxury of bringing my own amp! (this way, it keeps the guitar tone more consistent between amps, you'll never know what a venue might have!)

I love this! What type of jams are you playing with this setup?

The always on under the board stuff always makes me envious

need your assessment of the Power supply as well

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby caljoephua » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:28 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:

I love this! What type of jams are you playing with this setup?

The always on under the board stuff always makes me envious

need your assessment of the Power supply as well

I play for this band! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyCPVXRUmZ8

I know it ain't particularly effects laden, but somewhere towards the end, i usually throw on the CT5 or uglycasanova's !!! Water temple patch on the Nemesis Delay that I altered slightly!

The Truetone CS12 is probably the last power supply i'd buy. 11 9VDC outputs, 1 9vAC output. what more can one ask for? It covers almost every pedal i own/ intend to own right now!

The secret sauce is that it's a switching supply, which allows each output to actually put out more than it states on the label! With the limit being the total amperage it can output (2.7-3A, if im not wrong). I haven't encountered any issues while doing this!
caljoephua

interested
interested

Postby sylnau » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Nice setup caljoephua!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:02 pm

Keep these boards coming boiz. I take great satisfaction in this.
I can't say enough good things about all the Mid-Fi fuzzez that I own. Demo Tape really is special. Quite taken by Doug's offerings. The only fuzz I don't own from him is the Fuzz Wall.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:03 pm

codetocontra wrote:CBS, I have that same case. I built my board into the lid though, and fixed the hinge with removable pins.

That's a good idea. Might do this!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:10 pm

$harkToootth wrote:@Eivind - No Boss PS-2? I know you have a pitch shifter and delay on the board but I always associated that pedal with the Eivind Pantheon of Pedals.

Ah, biographer dearest, I shall lend you my knowledge once more: Never had that on my main board, but it's around. Currently on my synthboard, which I'm still unsure about as I play synth very seldomly (and badly :lol: ).
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Dungus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Big Foals fans?

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:38 pm

caljoephua wrote:I know it ain't particularly effects laden, but somewhere towards the end, i usually throw on the CT5 or uglycasanova's !!! Water temple patch on the Nemesis Delay that I altered slightly!

Woohoo! :cool:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby caljoephua » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:46 pm

UglyCasanova wrote:
caljoephua wrote:I know it ain't particularly effects laden, but somewhere towards the end, i usually throw on the CT5 or uglycasanova's !!! Water temple patch on the Nemesis Delay that I altered slightly!

Woohoo! :cool:

To be honest, the video demo-ing your presets was the final hurdle before I took the plunge to buy a Nemesis! Thanks for those!! The neuro presets are a great stepping stone to custom spaceyyy sounds! Have you given the Ventris reverb a go by any chance?

sylnau wrote:Nice setup caljoephua!

Thanks man! Thanks for pointing out that my description of my signal chain wasnt v clear! Those were scratch notes i had made on my phone's notes.

Dungus wrote:Big Foals fans?

Massive fan! (at the time of writing the songs that ended up on our album)
caljoephua

interested
interested

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:00 pm

Here's what I'm working with at the moment. Messy, poor use of space, and incomplete, but it's sounding ok. Part of me thinks the Novo 32 is too big, the other part of me thinks I just need more shit to put on there.
nogodsnobedtimes

experienced
experienced

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:09 pm

what about all those pedals on your shelf? Just shove em all on!!!

very cool board btw, lots of good stuff going on

hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:45 pm

nshuman wrote:
Jesus Was a Robot wrote:I'm not going to do BILF this year. I just don't care enough.

Going full cello?

I'm thinking about it for sure.

I don't know if I'd be able to keep up this year. I haven't been buying the hype train well enough. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear