· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Fri May 17, 2019 3:59 pm

behndy wrote:holy shining dookie booties Yeasty. that Insta of the Crucible is ENTICING.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxi3E4LB7NP ... 7czdkjnpt8

Oof yeah I saw that this morning, I am diggggggggin them sounds.

Fri May 17, 2019 4:51 pm

i'm kinnnnnda in a holding pattern because i FEAR my Pulsar-23 preorder coming up and not being ready for it. so have to bank a bit more cash before i buy anything new, but i LOVE WMD loot, and their drum stuff is bananaRAMA.

Fri May 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Ghost Hip wrote:
behndy wrote:holy shining dookie booties Yeasty. that Insta of the Crucible is ENTICING.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxi3E4LB7NP ... 7czdkjnpt8

Oof yeah I saw that this morning, I am diggggggggin them sounds.

Thanks peeps. Went to WMD yesterday and ended up picking up two because there were just too many things I wanted to try. This thing is amazing. I’m willing to bet and hope that it’ll become their best selling module. It’s that good. It can do these dirty bell sounds in the experimental mode and these weird noisy drones. Amazing. Will post some eventually. Gonna post more shit later using the input, too. Out of town for thre week though >.<

Wed May 22, 2019 1:11 am

where everyyyyyyybody aaaaaaaaaaaat.

moof. REALLY liking the SWN. it's just so accessible. such a better design/implementation than the SMR.

and loving the Metron. so quick, so fun to have 5 quick jump spots.

Thu May 23, 2019 10:51 am

I always thought this was a myth!
https://pitchfork.com/news/synth-repair ... ge-buchla/

Thu May 23, 2019 11:14 am

huh. that reminds me of when i was about 17, playing a warehouse party, and whilst walking to setup a friend that was selling acid (he had a bottle of liquid that he would put drips onto sugar cubes when purchased) got jostled and spilled an ass load across my neck. i noticed enough to wipe it in, but not what it was. thank God's Firm Love Handles that i had tripped a fair bit before. halfway through our first song i was like, "hurm. well. i'm on acid.".

first and last time i ever played altered. i was KILLING IT. trying new fast runs in places, making up chords no human had ever heard, manipulating TIME AND SPACE WITH 4 STRINGS AND A DISTORTION PEDAL.

then i watched the vidja after.

oh. oh no. oh no honey. that's not right. i was immobile, playing one, completely wrong note, every 10 or 15 seconds. tempo and song structure were no longer my friend. i had let composition beat my ass then told the authorities that i fell down some stairs and it knew it could have it's way with me so i was left there visibly drooling as i plinked away incoherently.

good times?

Thu May 23, 2019 11:26 am

behndy wrote:where everyyyyyyybody aaaaaaaaaaaat.

moof. REALLY liking the SWN. it's just so accessible. such a better design/implementation than the SMR.

and loving the Metron. so quick, so fun to have 5 quick jump spots.

Sounds ssiiiiiick. Have been playing a lot of bo(n)g standard heffy meeeetul bass recently (funny how that goes) so I haven't really been doing much with modular or computer music at the mo'.

Thu May 23, 2019 11:59 am

thanks!

murf. i MISS bass. but every time i sit down to set up my amp and try to incorporate the disparate approaches i realize i need to run through some tutorials on the Assy8Thousand or practice the button combos on the Metron or..... then i've been noodling/learning modular shizz for a few hours.

Sun May 26, 2019 9:51 pm

Took advantage of Memorial Day sales to get a Doepfer SEM-type filter.

Been really into the idea of running Plaits into it in chord mode to get some big Oberheim-type sounds. Tried that setup with a Wasp filter but it gets too gnarly.

Mon May 27, 2019 7:50 pm

GNARLLLLLLLLLLLZ.

lol. i have LIVED. woot free drug times?

super into the setup i have now. haven't really been lusting for anything, except that. damn. PULSAR.

GIMME.

Mon May 27, 2019 9:35 pm

I'm really loving my setup too. I was messing around earlier to record a few sound clips for Okta:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx_JwDfByhj/

Wed May 29, 2019 3:09 pm

so hawt. love it.

also, YESH. SOON PLEASE.

Thu May 30, 2019 10:03 am

I got one of these to run my modular through but haven't had the Mental Energy to set the thing up yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D40cIg1B7Oc

I expect it will allow my beats to sound dope.

Thu May 30, 2019 11:24 am

nifty! is it in an enclosure? or are you all about that Danger Living?

Thu May 30, 2019 11:31 am

behndy wrote:nifty! is it in an enclosure? or are you all about that Danger Living?

No enclosure! I am living in d... d... d... danger. It's such a little wee gadget I don't think much harm can come to it through being exposed. I've had a Bug Brand Boardweevil for pretty much ever which has no enclosure and runs strong as the day it arrived at my doorstep.
Post a reply