Can we talk about modular synths?



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby MrNovember » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 pm

behndy wrote:also also, oh hiiiii little grrL.
Image

.........I already traded mine :duck:

I honestly didn't even mess with it that much. I put in maybe like 10-20 minutes into each of the different voices/modes; probably spent a bit more time with the organ, drone, strings, and chiptune modes. Messed a bit with the sequencer, but really liked the poly mode the most. The dual filters are amazing, but their pots/knobs felt so incredibly fragile. It just really didn't inspire me enough and I wasn't looking forward to having to tune up 8 specific notes every time I wanted to use it

But, I was offered a Roland Boutique SE-02 with the keyboard and custom wood side panels and upgraded knobs. So that's on the way!
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 4235
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby oscillateur » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:57 pm

I only tried the Swarm last year at Tokyo Festival of Modular and quite liked it, interested about how it sounds now...

If I wanted a small chords/drone thing I'd definitely be interested in this one.
oscillateur

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2008
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:16 am
Location: Tokyo

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby Inconuucl » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:09 am

Holy shit that looks amazing. :love:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
Image
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 6029
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:35 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby behndy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:00 am

i'm SUPER excited. but tonight was Wifey In Home Date Night. so. will mess with tomorrrrowwwwww.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK


music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy
https://bloodpartyband.bandcamp.com/alb ... e-computer

Imageokay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 19110
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am
Location: Cali. East Bay Yo.

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby kbit » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:04 am

oscillateur wrote:I guess I'm slowly turning into a Monome/Mannequins person (Teletype is really, really good and Just Friends is even more enjoyable than I thought)...


Right there with you... How have you been using Teletype? I always thought "I never wanna learn all this code and type into my synth!" But then I started reading the TT studies and learned about the Euclidean operator and learned more about all the ways it interconnects to JF / Ansible... Doomed :lol: at least it's killing my gas for other stuff...

Also I took a bunch of modules out of my case and have been rocking a 4u set up with 2 Just Friends, 2 Three Sisters, DLD, Ansible and some utilities... Loving the limitations, keeps me focused on learning Ansible / experimentation.
Last edited by kbit on Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11513
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:07 am

Who knew all you really needed were dope sounding oscillators?
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28675
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby kbit » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:17 am

D.o.S. wrote:Who knew all you really needed were dope sounding oscillators?


I took Mangrove and the Cursus Iteritas out of my case, so not just dope oscillators ;) less things to do / ways to do it.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11513
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:39 am

Waves back at you from my 3U/84hp case.

Post moar tunes.
NSFW: show
for easy reference:
Image

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 28675
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 am
Location: Ewe-Kay

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby behndy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:08 pm

i downsized too!

i love the Morgasmatron, but dayummmmm it's big. want to try a Filter 8.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK


music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy
https://bloodpartyband.bandcamp.com/alb ... e-computer

Imageokay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 19110
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:06 am
Location: Cali. East Bay Yo.

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby mr. sound boy king » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:00 pm

oscillateur wrote:Teletype


I've been super curious about Teletype but I'm almost certain it's because I'm a better typist than musician...
mr. sound boy king

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:20 pm

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby worra » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Updated to Tempi v60 today but it was a massive pain in the ass. I had to just brute force try probably 20+ times until it just worked, even though I hadn't changed anything. I fukkin hate audio file firmware updates.
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/
YouTube demos and such

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 pm
Location: ATX

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby Dandolin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:30 pm

worra wrote:Updated to Tempi v60 today but it was a massive pain in the ass. I had to just brute force try probably 20+ times until it just worked, even though I hadn't changed anything. I fukkin hate audio file firmware updates.


Run the audio file through an ohnoho blowing up for maximum update platelet transfer.
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5173
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby worra » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:38 pm

Dandolin wrote:
worra wrote:Updated to Tempi v60 today but it was a massive pain in the ass. I had to just brute force try probably 20+ times until it just worked, even though I hadn't changed anything. I fukkin hate audio file firmware updates.


Run the audio file through an ohnoho blowing up for maximum update platelet transfer.


I don't have one of those, but I tried boosting the gain in audacity and that didn't do squat. Really just seemed like brute force trial and error.
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/
YouTube demos and such

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 pm
Location: ATX

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby Dandolin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Ugh--I was half joking; totally sympathize with the frustration. Not looking forward to updating my own Tempi....
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5173
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby MrNovember » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:37 pm

I remember having some issues with a Mutable update at some point and ended up boosting the audio file with Ears. That actually worked nicely.
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 4235
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: yeatsvisitslincoln and 7 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.