· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:44 am

I've looked into the shifty some, and I have to admit that I still don't really have a grasp of what exactly it does. Is the "melody" going into the shift v/o? Or audio?

Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:03 am

Shifty functions as a sample and hold into a shift register. You put something into CV and Gate in the middle, and then each time the gate triggers, the CV recorded is outputted from the first CV output. When the gate triggers again, the first CV is pushed down to the second CV output, and the new CV is outputted on the first CV output. Rinse and repeat.

Very much like the Copier Maschine program from O+C.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:13 pm

The A channel of my Bastl ABC ceased to function. It passes audio but the knob doesn't work for that channel.

What should I do? Who repairs modules in the US? Footnote, I live in a rural area.

Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:26 pm

I guess I was just thrown off by the by the extra gate outputs that the O_C doesn't have. Anyways, since I have an O_C, doesn't seem like something I'd need.

Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:22 pm

Still one of my favorites...rocking out now...(not to major in the minor but it's not really techno, more electro).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G4xmVo8ma0

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:09 pm

https://www.strymon.net/products/magneto/

a 28hp delay for $600?

yeeeeeesh nope

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:21 pm

yeah but it's also a looper and it has built in spring reverb. I'm loving the controls and cv options here. I wasn't a fan of the Timeline delay but I did thing the Capistan sounded really nice and compared to other eurorack delays i think it may sound really good. Pitch quantize and outs for each delay head is really nice too. I just pre-ordered it.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Ruiner wrote: I just pre-ordered it.

Of course you did! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know shit about modular, but I wonder if Eventide's new module will compete with this? Have zero clue on the price point difference.

Figures Strymon would try to get in on the modular stuff. Go God go now is modular too!

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Also just ordered this Desktop Grains FX Processor which is basically Clouds in a desktop case (running Parastie firmware in my case) but i'm planning on running it next to a footswitch on my pedalboard to use it like a Clouds pedal.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:30 pm

meh. does nothing for me. wayyyyyy too huge. like, i love the Electon Custom Fuzzblee, but MAN that is some real estate.

a more streamlined version 10 hp'ish? i'm listening.

i DO like Strymon stuff.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:47 pm

They just posted 14 videos of different features

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:49 pm

The strymon seems superfluous, also I'm a bit confused as far as who they think is actually going to buy it, since I don't think they have a huge market share in the modular world (which is probably 2:1 jaded ducks to the gotta catch em all types)

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:53 pm

D.o.S. wrote:also I'm a bit confused as far as who they think is actually going to buy it

Clearly you missed Ruiners post where he said he pre-ordered it. :lol:

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:54 pm

Yeah hopefully the 14 videos explaining the functions will spare us the questions that follow most of his modular purchases.

Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:55 pm

:p
Post a reply