· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:44 am

There is a lot to research to do.
A small CRT and on oscilloscope running on either side of the modular would be a cool set up. Especially since I'm more interested in drone/generative kind of stuff. Which could give me some time to play with the video.
I'm guessing I can mult out to the oscilloscope and us a 3.5mm to BNC connector? I need to look up grounding. Also need to find an oscilloscope with a big-ish screen.
Could I run an RCA to BNC connector to one of those smaller CRT's?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Panasonic-BT-S ... 1438.l2649

This one has S-video, so I would think that would work with the Premium Cable. But a lot of the other one's I've seen just have BNC.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:52 pm

vidret wrote:in case you guys didn't get the memo, there's a varigate 4+ out now.

The Varigate 8+ looks daunting.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:14 pm

that looks like a niiiiiice improvement for only 2 hp more.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:27 pm

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:59 pm

they look cool. dunno if i would use it much though. i've had a Pressure Points forever, don't ever use it. going to list it and a Brain Seed and some other shtuff tonight i think.

woot! got in on the second run of RML Custom Fuzz Euro thingies.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:34 pm

Looks pretty great to me! I think I'm going to get a PP first but I will keep my eye on this one...

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:42 pm

yeah, no. it looks AWESOME. i really like the different modes. and might grab one some time. but i have like 2 preorder things to finish paying off and gotsta grab an Akemi's Taiko and the mini O_c makes me want to give it a try again.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:15 pm

behndy wrote:yeah, no. it looks AWESOME. i really like the different modes. and might grab one some time. but i have like 2 preorder things to finish paying off and gotsta grab an Akemi's Taiko and the mini O_c makes me want to give it a try again.

Dibs on the uO_C. :)* :snax:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:05 pm

lol. HEY.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:37 pm

dang that Varigate 4+ looks sick. Although I imagine it'll also drive the old Varigate 4 used price down into easy nabbin's territory. that +2 hp would throw my perfect rig into disorder so I gotta carefully consider the perks.

Also a friend came over yesterday & let me play with their Varigate 4, Voltage Block, Optomix, and Morphagene which is 4/6 of what was left for me to buy. I was very impressed with all of them, and copped a brand new Morphagene today for $423 on Reverb. I shouldn't have done it, but those savings are fantastic. AND I already got a shipping confirmation so it'll either be in Monday or Tuesday most likely :!!!:

Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:18 pm

soooo... how late after a quoted ship date for a module do y'all get mad and pushy with the company/builder? something i ordered that said 4 weeks to ship, after 4 weeks was told it would be about 2 weeks more. when that date hit, emailed, was told they had to end of next week. which was today.

after the last quote i asked if that was a firm date, since that would be 8 weeks after i ordered, double the original quote. never got a response.

was going to wait till Monday night or Tuesday to email again if i havna received a shipped notice i guess. don't want to cancel it or yell at them or have any hard feelings towards the company. just want to get their loot in. which, i'm still very, very excited about. but it's getting annoying. and having to ask every time is a part of that annoyance. no unsolicited updates at all.

of course, all emails have been polite and cheerful and shizz because that's just how i like people to talk to me, so how i talk to them.

how y'all handles these situations?

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:21 am

I hate waiting too. And like you, I never give a builder any guff, only positive encouragement. Not much else you can do. The good news is I think I know what you are talking about, and I think your wait is almost over. I believe he recently said all outstanding orders should ship Monday. https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=191800

Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:34 am

You say nothing because it will be well worth the wait! :lol:

Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:06 pm

Dark Barn wrote:I hate waiting too. And like you, I never give a builder any guff, only positive encouragement. Not much else you can do. The good news is I think I know what you are talking about, and I think your wait is almost over. I believe he recently said all outstanding orders should ship Monday. https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=191800

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. nooooooooooooo. whooo iiiissss thaaaaaaaaat. i have no ideaaaa what you're talking abouuuuuuuut.

.... but, hypothetically, that situation, which i know NOTHING ABOUT. that guy...... needs to either figure out how to talk to people, or hire someone as his human interface unit.

i get that some builders think it's different because it's an artistic endeavor but. i'm still a customer. i still paid 5 hundy and it's twice the quoted shipping time.

updates. just fucking give a politely worded update.

my 12u case i originally thought was heading out early October, looks like it will finally ship this Wednesday, but the builder is very nice, and has kept me appraised of every hiccup.

shizz is not cheap. be in contact with the people that support your business if you're running behind.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:47 pm

also, pretty sure i want to grab another Pam's. i have always run an out through a multiple as a main clock for all the sequencers and gate spitters and tempi sync'd thingers.

but have been playing with separate outs going to each tempo needy module, and it is FUN being able to independently multiply or devide tempo outs to modules and play with in sync vs polyrhythms.

so.... would be nice to have one Pam's always wired to each thing, main Tempo Hub Bugger, then another for spitting out time sync'd envelopes and LFO's and patterns.
Post a reply