Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby behndy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Kuro Négro Noir Other Words In Other Languages That Also Mean Black - it does look fun as butts. but too big for me right now (giggety). i would be suuuuuper into a smaller module that's just the stutter repeat and efx section.

Swarmsorz - urf. yah. well, OR, more positively for YOU they mean "Everything EXCEPT the US orders will ship this week, US go out next week"?

Looooots - YESH. got in STUFF. 2 Soundmachine Lightstrips, Logic Pulp And, Or, And/Or and a pair of Cyclic Skews 1us and STARRRGAZERRRRRRRR.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Muse FTW » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:34 pm

behndy wrote:Kuro Négro Noir Other Words In Other Languages That Also Mean Black - it does look fun as butts. but too big for me right now (giggety). i would be suuuuuper into a smaller module that's just the stutter repeat and efx section.

Yeah that fx section is what really does it for me. The effects on that one module in Shuttle System are really nice too.

This weekend is about to be filled with LOOT.

Medusa + new modules + Enzo (although Enzo might get here by next week).

WEW.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:41 pm

Enzo is sexy enticing, and coincides with a question.

the RM1 is awesome, but crazy quiet no matter what i run into it. going to hit him up, see if something is wrong or if i'm doing something stupid, but i want to grab a good smaller reverb for outplay stuff.

how do we feel about the Hall of Fame 2? never minding the gawd awful ugliness of the color. if i grab, eventually ask Danno about a Purdy Fixins.

or any other small (i forget the box model number) like Mini Fuck sized delay worth looking at? or say fuck it and grab that and grab that angry as balls butts DBA Reverberation Machine i've always wanted to try?

(the DBA is kinda a moot point question, just ordered one because DAYUM buying modular loots makes pedals seem so much more fucking affordable)

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:45 pm

also, i WANT that X1L3 Shard. don't even come close to having enough room for it though. would have to ditch the Muxslicer. which i am ENJOYING.

also also, first jam with Stargazer, then some Deluge beats, then some H9 delay, then some Pitch Wizard shenanigans -

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:36 am

behndy wrote:the RM1 is awesome, but crazy quiet no matter what i run into it. going to hit him up, see if something is wrong or if i'm doing something stupid, but i want to grab a good smaller reverb for outplay stuff.

Do you mean RM-1N? Or are there sneaky RMs out there???

You forgot to mention your cat adding to your last video, wouldnt be the same without her (him? them?). I love that texture (of the music, lol)
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby behndy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:04 am

lol. silly Mischievous Grey Kitteh Textures! yah. she's adorable. i like it better when she sits on the cables or enjoys the Cioks Warmth Box than when she sits on the mixer and mutes or plf's tracks or decides RIGHT in front of the Deluge is where she HAS to be PAY ATTENTION TO ME NOT THE SEQUENCER DAMNIT.

love that grrL.

all three kits and the puppo and wifey are female. i am the only peen haver. totally outnumbered.

yesssss Ar Em One ENNN. it sounds so good, i love the etch Danno did on it. but the volume DROPS when i run synths into it.

woot! they wanted to ship my Reverberation Nation Machine UPS but that shits always takes at least 7 bidness days, so dooder was nice enough to do USPS, said he'll try his best today, tomorrow at the latest, should be here mondtor Tuesday. i've been moist to try one foreverrrrrrr. and... just kinda kept forgetting about it.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:33 am

I noticed volume drops on both my RM-1N and Echo Degrader. Wasn't as bad on the RM-1N, as I just turned up the pre or post gains to compensate (and I like things dirty anyways so more gain is usually the answer). The Echo Degrader was pretty bad though, I'm pretty sure I had it set to max volume all the time.

Anyone here follow Nathan Moody? I'm listening to his newly released album of homemade acoustic instrument pieces (which is very, very good so far) and he's releasing a sample library for it. Really excited to get my hands on that and mangle some of his samples with the Nebulae
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:45 pm

i like his stuff a lot! haven't checked that out yet, sooooooon.

also, WOOT KPsMini! man. this thing is TINY. also, black Batumiiiii panellllll YESSSSSSSSSSS.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mr. sound boy king » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Muse FTW wrote:big set up

Yo, that set-up looks fun as hell. I am addicted to Trigger Riot, it is my best girl. I'm surprised more people don't use one because it is clearly the best way to sequence triggers and gates. You can get so abstract with it or you can bang out a solid head nod beat. I hope you enjoy sequencing your perc modules with it or any other modules.
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:15 pm

I've always been interested in the Trigger Riot, but the WMD sequencer is looking awesome. I need some percussion stuff to make it worth it.
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby mr. sound boy king » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:24 pm

yeatsvisitslincoln wrote:I've always been interested in the Trigger Riot, but the WMD sequencer is looking awesome. I need some percussion stuff to make it worth it.

Whoa, hadn't heard of the WMD thing. It looks wicked and, also, fuckin' huge. Not that Trigger Riot is small at 28 hp. One thing I love about Trigger Riot is that you cannot really contemplate it in the same way you contemplate a X0X sequencer. You have to imagine 256 "things" of time being divided. So fresh styles. Plus probability.

In general, I recommend drum modules as I believe them to be dope as hell. Also a good way to add full synth voices in small hp / price.
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:37 pm

I've been trying to learn how to synthesize various percussion sounds with what I have before I dive into buying percussion modules. Partly because I don't want to drop a bunch of money at once, but also so I can have a better understanding of what those modules are actually doing. Not to mention appreciating the time that people have put into designing them and restricting the envelope of controls to making mostly "good sounding" sounds.
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby mr. sound boy king » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:51 pm

yeatsvisitslincoln wrote:I've been trying to learn how to synthesize various percussion sounds with what I have before I dive into buying percussion modules. Partly because I don't want to drop a bunch of money at once, but also so I can have a better understanding of what those modules are actually doing. Not to mention appreciating the time that people have put into designing them and restricting the envelope of controls to making mostly "good sounding" sounds.

That is what I would call a NOBLE GOAL. Godspeed.

I only built up a modular to have a crazy drum-box / groove-station so I'm probably an outlier re: percussion modules.

It sounds like what 8-bit Mario dreams when the game is paused.
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:16 pm

More than anything I've learned how ducking hard it is to make a decent sounding cymbal. It's mostly driven by not wanting to drop a bunch of money but wanting to do more percussion.
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby behndy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:44 pm

DUCKING. WHY ALWAYS DUCKING. LOVE IT.

so.... ordered a Shard. shouldn't. but did.

the demo on the site is sexy sexy GOOD times,

but this is also DESIREEEEE -

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear