Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby behndy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Deltaphoenix wrote:Just wait for something else that will be released relatively soon that I cannot yet speak about, okay?

LISTENING.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Muse FTW » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:26 am

Deltaphoenix wrote:
Dark Barn wrote:Just wait for something else that will be released relatively soon that I cannot yet speak about, okay?

NANI?!?!?!?!

Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:20 am

also, going to list some stuff. not really clicking with the Varigate 4plus or the Pico DSP, some other shtuff.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MrNovember » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:28 am

behndy wrote:
Deltaphoenix wrote:Just wait for something else that will be released relatively soon that I cannot yet speak about, okay?

LISTENING.

Is this any of the stuff that we talked about a LONG time ago?
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Muse FTW » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Not to derail this speculation but I'm wondering about Verbos Electronics. I've seen a few users on Muff describe issues with the quality of the modules they've received. Does anyone here have issues with their products?
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:20 pm

psssssst. thingers i'm trying to mooooove.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=59189

..... really miss the Trigger Riot. grabbing one of thems agains.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:43 am

also, Sapel is GOOD. love the random gate outs.

everything (BitBox, Akemie's Taiko, Manis Iteritas and Transient) is being run off of gates or quantized voltage out of the Sapel.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:30 am

Muse FTW wrote:Not to derail this speculation but I'm wondering about Verbos Electronics. I've seen a few users on Muff describe issues with the quality of the modules they've received. Does anyone here have issues with their products?

I've heard this too. The other thing to keep in mind is that their modules are Massssssssive.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Deltaphoenix » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:54 am

I had a Euro Verbos Harmonic Oscillator and it was awesome!

I had the Buchla format too and it had an issue; the saw wave output didn’t work.

I have heard the same stuff about Verbos and I am wondering if it was the earlier runs of the Euro line. I also heard that the modulation oscillator in the Complex Oscillator didn’t have full range (like it should).
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:28 am

Go vote for BILF you fucking nerds!!!!!!!!! ;)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Strange Tales » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:29 am

Muse FTW wrote:Not to derail this speculation but I'm wondering about Verbos Electronics. I've seen a few users on Muff describe issues with the quality of the modules they've received. Does anyone here have issues with their products?

I've seen people post pictures of their PCBs and some of the part placement is horrendous. Like first time SMD DIY bad. Sort of put me off buying from them but I really want to try some of their stuff out.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:40 am

behndy wrote:also, going to list some stuff. not really clicking with the Varigate 4plus or the Pico DSP, some other shtuff.

Feelin' this too about the 4+. I'm thinking I might be happier with gate delay type stuff and getting some good presets on the Tempi.
That said I've also listed a buncha stuff, got a tELHARMONIC & Peaks up, and am entertaining offers on the Malekko sequencers. I think it's time for me to get my DPO & Rene to complete my own bastardized version of the Shared System Plus, as I've got Maths & ModDemix rolling in tonight.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Go vote for BILF you fucking nerds!!!!!!!!! ;)

I have never voted for BILF and you can't make me. But!

I did finally get to sit down with my skiff and gear for about half an hour today, and made a one-and-a-half Krell style following patch with the OC and the Skiff today though :)

The Wogglebug/Brainseed combination has so much potential for really peculiar not quite RNG sequences. SO GOOD. :love:

Anyway, all live, no editing on the recording. You can hear me push "go" and hear me turn off. Two voices, one boss delay pedal (effecting the the 0C voice).
https://soundcloud.com/escapecraft/modular-krell

I guess techincally it's not "truly generative" because I patched in a square wave LFO for about 30 seconds to see how it would sound, but I didn't twist any knobs. :lol:
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Antlerface » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Been spending all my spare time with the B&G+. This thing is an absolute dream/monster/time-eater.

Rene is a bit more complicated than I thought it would be. After using my buddies that he knows in and out I thought it was a pretty simple module. My stupid ass is taking it one step at a time with it. I've had every other module (besides Tempi, which was pretty straightforward for me) in the system and know how to make em work, but Rene is a different kinda mind fuck. I like it a bunch.

I had a phone mishap a few days ago, in that I dropped my phone and it got run over by a car, so no one has been able to interrupt my wiggle sessions for the past couple days. It's actually kind of nice. Wondering how I'll put in orders for my restaurant tonight though.. oh well that's what sous chefs are for I guess.

If my CVGT1 could show up so I can sync the Music Easel to the B&G that would be greaaaaaat. I'm really looking forward to chopping up Buchla drums with Morphagene and having the Easel just drone on and on while I fuck with the eurorack.

I'm scoring a film for an artist in my area and was just gonna use the Easel and pedals, but I'm thinking I'll be ready to incorporate the B&G in a couple weeks. Blissed the fuck out.

Best. Toys. Ever.
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby _r_ » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:56 pm

So, because we all need gear aspirations and I'm in that very rare position of being totally happy with my guitar setup...

My main methods of making music recently are synthesised drones and heavily manipulated recordings of various rustic instruments I have. The modular synth thang is hugely interesting to me, and I've been looking for a way of making music outside the box which doesn't just end up being another box of menu-diving like an Octatrack or something. And I was bored at work today and threw this together:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/577938

I've based it around one of those Dreadbox 94hp cases because it already has things like power, MIDI conversion, audio interfacing and mixing thrown in, and an LFO if I'm not mistaken, and using my Circuit for sequencing if need be. I've based it around the Just Friends and Morphagene, the latter for sample gorfing and the former for drones and modulation. Ears for an audio input for stuff, Wogglebug for sample-and-hold stuff, clock and another oscillator, Warps because I've been using my Gonkulator absolutely loads in synth/sample processing and am hooked on ring modulation now, Cold Mac just because, the pedal interface thingy because I have plenty of pedals for things like reverb/delay. Threw some standard Doepfer modules in to get some more straightforward synth sounds out of the Just Friends.

Bear in mind that I don't have the £2500 needed to buy this setup, I'm just being an anorak... Thoughts?
Fane - folk music from the furthest reaches
_r_

committed
committed

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear