Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby mr. sound boy king » Thu May 17, 2018 10:42 am

fever606 wrote:Caustic string section...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi4VcqZhVTM/

^^Sounds great!
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Thu May 17, 2018 11:08 am

sooooo awesome.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Thu May 17, 2018 10:35 pm

yessssssss. NanoRings is en route.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oscillateur » Fri May 18, 2018 1:36 am

I think some people here have a Trogotronic m277 (Warpsmasher ?)...
What do you think of it ? And how does the pan thing work (on the newer model) ?

There are no clear videos showing that (the Trogo one is for the older model)...

There is one available locally for a decent price and it's a bit tempting (I would have to yet again revise my long term plans but it could fit in the 7U I think)...
oscillateur

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Antlerface » Fri May 18, 2018 2:49 pm

behndy wrote:yessssssss. NanoRings is en route.

Same! I got impatient and ordered from a builder in the UK, as soon as I Paypal’d I got a message from buddy who put together my uBurst and TSNM3U saying he had my preorder ready. :facepalm:

So I paid a little less all said and done, but it won’t be here for a week.

I am moving the Mother32 outta my case and putting together an entire 104hp row of Mutable shit. Marbles, Stages, Clouds, Rings, Ripples, Warps, Veils.

After I complete this mission I’m gonna pull dfam out of my rack too and assemble a balls to the wall percussion row.

Send help.
Antlerface

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Fri May 18, 2018 3:44 pm

Just got a killer deal on a Mother 32 with a 2-tier rack, Moog case, Links, Unity Mixer, uZeus, and Division 6 sequencer thing.

Listed my SMR and Alter 2 to cover the costs. Might end up listing my Structure 270 as well, not sure I'll be needing it any time soon as I can fit everything else in the HEK I have laying around.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Fri May 18, 2018 4:07 pm

yah. i am EXCITED about tiny Ringings.

furk. i want a Just Friends and Cold Mac sooooo bad. can't find either anywhere. damnnnnit.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Muse FTW » Fri May 18, 2018 4:31 pm

MrNovember wrote:Just got a killer deal on a Mother 32 with a 2-tier rack, Moog case, Links, Unity Mixer, uZeus, and Division 6 sequencer thing.

Listed my SMR and Alter 2 to cover the costs. Might end up listing my Structure 270 as well, not sure I'll be needing it any time soon as I can fit everything else in the HEK I have laying around.

DFAM in your future? I've heard a little of the Subharmonicon from Moogfest and I cannot wait for this to come out. Might be Moog's most interesting semi-modular.

also

fever606 wrote:Caustic string section...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi4VcqZhVTM/

Incredible patch.
Muse FTW

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Warpsmasher » Fri May 18, 2018 4:36 pm

oscillateur wrote:I think some people here have a Trogotronic m277 (Warpsmasher ?)...
What do you think of it ? And how does the pan thing work (on the newer model) ?

There are no clear videos showing that (the Trogo one is for the older model)...

There is one available locally for a decent price and it's a bit tempting (I would have to yet again revise my long term plans but it could fit in the 7U I think)...
The m277 is great at things like beefing up bass signals, and compressing spiky, peaky stuff. The tube drive has more of a creamy, smoothing effect, and isn't like a gritty screaming distortion, it's just all fat and beefy. The 669 and 679 do the lo-fi grinding distortions and oscillating fuzz. It's not as loud as the 669 and 679, but it can do a nice hi-fi stereo sound, and it can pump a cellphone up to modular level when cranked. The drive panning is something I've never had much need for, but I've tried it and it works well enough. The stereo panning is very good and responds well to CV. Output 1 is also normalled to output 2, so you can use it to stereoize & pan a mono signal. The drive and volume can also be CV'd for sidechain stuff and noisedrum duties. Like any nice luxury VCA, it's not great on HP, but it makes things interesting and brings a certain character to the mix.
Here's an old one where it's pumping up the plain old kick and snare from Peaks:
Last edited by Warpsmasher on Wed May 23, 2018 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warpsmasher

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby kbit » Fri May 18, 2018 4:56 pm

I've been playing the same patch for the past few days and finding endless permutations with relatively simple building blocks, most of which within the inherent design of the Mannequins modules and Rene. My conception of what I need in my system is starting to flip on it's head.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Fri May 18, 2018 5:23 pm

kbit wrote:I've been playing the same patch for the past few days and finding endless permutations with relatively simple building blocks, most of which within the inherent design of the Mannequins modules and Rene. My conception of what I need in my system is starting to flip on it's head.

Been in this boat for a bit thinking about my set up. I have a 9u, and I see such wonderful patches made with a simpler 6u rack. I think starting out its good to have extra space to try new shit out, but I think eventually after trying a few more modules on my want list I'll be able to figure out what I bond with the most and narrow it down.

On the other end, lusting after the new roland mixer module. While understand mixing can be done outside of eurorack, I like the idea of keeping it all in one case for a quick set up and this checks a lot of boxes.

Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby behndy » Fri May 18, 2018 5:24 pm

kbit wrote:I've been playing the same patch for the past few days and finding endless permutations with relatively simple building blocks, most of which within the inherent design of the Mannequins modules and Rene. My conception of what I need in my system is starting to flip on it's head.

GIMME YOUR JUST FRIENDS.

give you a dollah?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby kbit » Fri May 18, 2018 5:40 pm

behndy wrote:

GIMME YOUR JUST FRIENDS.

give you a dollah?

D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri May 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Muse FTW wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Just got a killer deal on a Mother 32 with a 2-tier rack, Moog case, Links, Unity Mixer, uZeus, and Division 6 sequencer thing.

DFAM in your future? I've heard a little of the Subharmonicon from Moogfest and I cannot wait for this to come out. Might be Moog's most interesting semi-modular.

DFAM and Subharmonicon are definitely in my future. Maybe a Grandmother too. I'm honestly thinking of ditching most of my euro to be a Moog fanboy. I'd probably just build a small effects rack to go along with it.
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby behndy » Fri May 18, 2018 7:36 pm

kbit wrote:
behndy wrote:
GIMME YOUR JUST FRIENDS.

give you a dollah?

SIX DOLLLLAHSSSS?

FIVE HUNDREDDDDD DOLLLLAHHHHS???

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear