Can we talk about modular synths?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Can we talk about modular synths?

Postby PuddysJacket » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:12 pm

behndy wrote:awesooooommeeeee! looking forward to it!

also, mannnn i love the Stargazer.

Goddammit. GAS was in check up until 10 seconds ago
PuddysJacket

involved
involved

Postby behndy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:29 pm

lol. i'm HELPING!

HURRY. he does not have a butt ton left.

also, murf. i understand, MDLR Pimeridooder is in the midst of moving to a larger building, i totes understand how that can put a delay in things. and my case would have already shipped if i hadna pressured him into doing Slidey Nutters, so it's on me.

but i wannnnnnnnnt.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ruiner » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:56 am

Check it out guys... this is the first single and official video off my upcoming album. The song made entirely on eurorack.

Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:50 am

doooood. AWESOME! love it.

the animation is like a happy Monty Pythons with a little bit of trip out. so. BEAUTIFUL.

also. my Solder Buddies. i want. a flipped Pam's HELLZA BAD. the jacks on top. but since they don't have a Flip UI option, i think that means the screen would have to be flipped, the jacks rewired from 1-8 to 8-1.

is that a doable thing? anyone want to take that on?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby worra » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:56 am

I just want a black pam's faceplate
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby greyscales » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:13 pm

Bit the bullet on a Intellijel Quad VCA and 1u Digiverb. Really excited to add a little grit and reverb in the rack (also verb before the dirty vca will be fun).

Still need to figure out the right filter for my rig and probably find some more modulation sources, if not just get a second Stages. A Disting is on my short list of additions too but after that I've got a lot more research to do. Really jealous of anybody with a shop that sells Euro gear nearby.
greyscales

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Dark Barn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:20 pm

greyscales wrote:Bit the bullet on a Intellijel Quad VCA and 1u Digiverb. Really excited to add a little grit and reverb in the rack (also verb before the dirty vca will be fun).

Still need to figure out the right filter for my rig and probably find some more modulation sources, if not just get a second Stages. A Disting is on my short list of additions too but after that I've got a lot more research to do. Really jealous of anybody with a shop that sells Euro gear nearby.

New filters are always fun, and I’ve only tried a few but my go to is usually the workmanlike Intellijel uvcf, it’s very clean precise and predictable for a 12db filter. After that I also have a few more that have special uses. I wish I had room for more!

I love the fact that Seattle has a eurorack/synth shop, they are an incredible asset to the local community, and to that end I make sure to get my ass down there once in a while and buy something in meatspace. If you have a local shop I encourage you to do the same!
I've been searchin' for the dolphins in the sea.

The Weak in Review: Weak Arguments Revue
Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dark Barn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:59 pm

Also: god dang Rene 2 looks like a lot of fun!

Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mr. sound boy king » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Dark Barn wrote:
greyscales wrote:Bit the bullet on a Intellijel Quad VCA and 1u Digiverb. Really excited to add a little grit and reverb in the rack (also verb before the dirty vca will be fun).

New filters are always fun, and I’ve only tried a few but my go to is usually the workmanlike Intellijel uvcf, it’s very clean precise and predictable for a 12db filter. After that I also have a few more that have special uses. I wish I had room for more!

I love the fact that Seattle has a eurorack/synth shop, they are an incredible asset to the local community, and to that end I make sure to get my ass down there once in a while and buy something in meatspace. If you have a local shop I encourage you to do the same!

The uVCF is so clean you could perform surgery with it. My current favorite is the Doepfer 103 which clones the 303 filter. Squelch and mulch.
NEW EP of BANGERS, David B. Applegate Gets The Vapors out now: https://immigrantbreastnest.bandcamp.co ... the-vapors
mr. sound boy king

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:21 pm

i have a few different euro filters, so far Jove has been my favorite, but dayummmmm she's a lot of space. i WANT a Morgasmatron, but i have to find some 1u ASR generators to make room for one.

but just got the AI Synthesis OTA Filter in, based on the MS 20 so i am EXCITE.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dark Barn » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:14 pm

Leisure Cove wrote:
sharkminusbear wrote:Is the entire state of the Rene saved or is it just the pattern and settings for a specific X/Y/C pattern?

A State is every setting— the knob positions and Program Page selections— for X, Y and C. Up to 64 of these can be stored and accessed manually, with gates or addressed with voltage! This is the Z-Axis nature of the module.

We will have plenty of videos in the days ahead on the Z-Axis and examples of State selection in action! :party:

This is copy pasted from MW but it addresses my question on whether you could have CV control over the ‘states’ and it looks like yes of course. My interest in Rene 2 is getting intense! :drool:

Dark Barn

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby behndy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:19 pm

hurm. so. AI Synthesis OTA sounds GOOD. nails the grimy MS20 stuff i rememeber from owning one decadeeeees ago. but it's got this HUGE jump in volume from LP to HP. AI Synth Dooder said he tried to make it more in line with euro levels, changed the tone too much, so he suggests using a VCA after it. which. cool.

but.

fuck it.

have a Morgasmatron on the way.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Guess there's a new version of Mutable Tides? Not sure what's different though...
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby MrNovember » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:38 pm

yeatsvisitslincoln wrote:Guess there's a new version of Mutable Tides? Not sure what's different though...

I saw that too. I actually really like the updates and wish I had room for it. Looks like he added additional outputs that change depending on what mode it is in (frequency, phase, amplitude, or waveshape)
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Dandolin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:46 pm

yuss
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear