Greg Edwards' "other guitar at the same time" sound.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Greg Edwards' "other guitar at the same time" sound.

Postby skullservant » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Greg's deffo got a Moog Ring Mod on there
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zRobertez » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:02 pm

There's also this there too. :lol: :lol:
yotub wrote:how are they making that mosquito sound ?

guitar pedal effect

Hit the nail on the head right there.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Housewife/331848200230566
http://housewifeofficial.bandcamp.com/
Tom Dalton wrote:Like a phoenix's butt, it will rise from the asses.

KLON KLON KLON KLON
zRobertez

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:26 pm

space6oy wrote:1:40-ish is just fuzz & reverb & him slightly bending chords.

so it's gotta be in the fuzz flavour, huh
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sonidero » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm

DarkAxel wrote:so it's gotta be in the fuzz flavour, huh

This statement/question makes me warm and fuzzy on the inside...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby insubordination » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:26 pm

"Future Perfect" is an all-time favorite album. So glad I got to see them when I lived in CA. They were better than Shellac that night. :duck:
Good deals on ILF: too many to list, just ask!

http://difficult.band
http://missingskull.bandcamp.com
insubordination

Supporter
Supporter

Postby space6oy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:20 am

skullservant wrote:Greg's deffo got a Moog Ring Mod on there

it's usually in his rack rig.

insubordination wrote:"Future Perfect" is an all-time favorite album. So glad I got to see them when I lived in CA. They are far better than Shellac. :duck:

it's in my all time top four. transit transit is sick too, though i'm guessing the next will be better since it was their sophomore experimentation phase.

to each their own & all, just playin' but i've never heard anything by shellac i was into or impressed by.
my opinion of steve improved massively with his tape op interview though.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Astricii » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:35 am

Okay I'm going from memory here but here goes

Intro, Pefftronics randomatic (never a clone made pretty much unobtainium) with some Line 6 Echo Platter glitchyness (you can get this with an M[x] multi stomp Looped on one of his DL4s.

High Pitched mosquito noise harmony is Eugene playing his bass through a XP300 space station.

Gregs main tones are a Creamy Dreamer or similar. (used to have a sustainiac) Both were muff clones so get your self searching for them shits.

Also has a V1 Crowther hot cake OD and the stereo signals split into an LPB2ube tube pre before going to the VHT pitbull and Fender amps.

other effects he has include, Sherman Filterbank, Time Factor, Whammy, Moog Ringmod, Lexicon Vortex, Line6 Echo Pro (rack mount DL4 with more options)

He's got a table now that has at least two of the Old Boss RXXX Half rack pedals. (they're a good replacement for the PDS series digitech delays that he used to use)

Um yeah lots of synth on the newer songs and a lot more straight clean guitar. Main tone seems to be the sound of that LPB2ube with the buckers in his gibson and Jazzmaster

He also has a strange playing style lots of triads and diads he's got multiple expression pedals to blend together delay settings on the vortex, Line6 and Time Factor. that's how he gets those bendy delays noises.

He's just a fucking genius and makes me hate myself every time I see him play because i feel like I'm wasting the worlds time by playing music when they could be listening to him.
Achtane wrote:The whole super-submissive robotic dying cat girl with mosaic for junk thing...BLEH
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby Astricii » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 am

This is also what i was hoping Doug would do with his Midfi random vibrato pedal.
Achtane wrote:The whole super-submissive robotic dying cat girl with mosaic for junk thing...BLEH
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby space6oy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:41 am

i would like to :hug: you dude. find me a place in denver... i've lost count of how many times i've seen them in LA and KY and MI. have even gotten to meet them all but didn't interrogate about gear and aside from vortex (have), DL4 (have 2), whammy (have 2), moog ring mod (have), filterbank (which i've had and didn't like) and the ground control (which i bought once i figured out WTF it was) haven't been able to make out much of his rig.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Astricii » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:51 am

There's plenty of places here in the queen city of the plains! this is quickly turning into shoe gaze city too. Every band has fucking pedal boards now. It's kind of paradise :)

My old band opened for them (sadly before I was in the band though I did get to play with APTBS in that group) Eugene is super nice but they are damn secretive about their gear. usually they just say they have a lot of custom stuff (which is probably true)

OH! that reminds me, Greg also had/has a 4ms noise swash. usually for the noises on the ending breakdown for Sugarless. though I think he's stopped using it as much since he changed up his rig. (i have one and they are super picky about what pedals are in order before and after them) Best oscillating fuzz ever though :) just don't try and cop anyone else's tone with it. it's pretty much random noise and blurbles and glitches and awesome. it's pretty repeatable when you have a setting you don't change but yeah def a find your own signature noise and stick with it pedal.

I saw a studio pic of Greg using an OP-1 and tracking guitar through a Source audio SoundBlox multiwave distortion uh yeah. if this were anything other than gear related We'd probably be considered stalkers.
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby space6oy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:55 am

hey, every religion's technically a cult. ;)

the end of sugarless, you mean the screeching between chords? that's just open strings upped by the whammy. trick i'll be ripping off for life.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Astricii » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 am

Hrmmmm really? I could have sworn a saw him hitting the swash for that part. Wonder if the "whammy" in my M9 would cop that. whammy into distortion? or distortion Whammy?
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby space6oy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:01 am

not sure about his chain but mine's usually whammy first.

also kills me that they didn't put underorbit on future perfect. loved how they finally turned headless into headless sky though. also wish there were studio takes of 23 watt apple juice and reappearing...

:picard:
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Astricii » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:08 am

Yeah the Instumental 23 watt on the Bouncing wall EP is cool but I do like that vocal version too. Reappearing needs to be fucking released at some point. how could you NOT record that?
Astricii

experienced
experienced

Postby space6oy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 am

if you don't already have 'em i'll hook ya up w/ bootlegs where i found 23 & reappearing. ever heard future perfect v2?
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear