Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian

Postby Kojak the Ripper » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:18 pm

Received The Caprid in my mail today. Tried it tonight. It sounds sooooo good on my amp that i want to re-start a barbaric black/death metal band. Really huge, ballsy sound. Nice string separation and cleaning up when lowering the guitar volume. I love it. This could be my only pedal, particularly for playing in a band. No need for a pedalboard when one single pedal can shine that way. The only box i think could rival with the Caprid may be the beebaa, i never got the chance to try one. I'm sure it's just as killer with another flavour. Gilmour ? I would not have thought about him at all, for i have the iron sound of Conan's sword of steel forged by Crom himself on a night of furious storm and angry thunder ! I don't regret the expense, it weights ultra heavy, looks good in that full size, knobs have a good feel, beautiful build quality.
Mine is April 2016, probably from the last batch ever made.
Kojak the Ripper

interested
interested

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Hey, Kojak, just a bit of forum etiquette: bumping a thread this old for no apparent reason is tantamount to ______________.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby tremolo3 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Love my Caprid as well <3
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby O Drones » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:07 pm

Same. My all time favourite Muff.
O Drones

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Kojak the Ripper » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:31 am

Chankgeez wrote:Hey, Kojak, just a bit of forum etiquette: bumping a thread this old for no apparent reason is tantamount to ______________.

I'm sorry, but i ____ ____ _ ____ and you could ___ the same ____ __ ___ as _________ what do you ____ ?
Kojak the Ripper

interested
interested

Postby popvulture » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:44 am

Does anyone know if he's going to stop making the bix box pedals now? I like the small foot versions for sure, but I hope he keeps both options available. The big ones are indeed clunky, but tbh I prefer them...
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:43 pm

Kojak the Ripper wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:Hey, Kojak, just a bit of forum etiquette: bumping a thread this old for no apparent reason is tantamount to ______________.

I'm sorry, but i ____ ____ _ ____ and you could ___ the same ____ __ ___ as _________ what do you ____ ?

:lol:

popvulture wrote:Does anyone know if he's going to stop making the bix box pedals now? I like the small foot versions for sure, but I hope he keeps both options available. The big ones are indeed clunky, but tbh I prefer them...

:idk: You could ask Matt. He's usually pretty good about answering questions like that. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby tremolo3 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Man I'd love to have that White Elk in the BOW enclosure.

And yeah, Matt is very responsive, on facebook at least.
John wrote:"guys play quiet, listen to my small costly device."

PumpkinPieces wrote:Fer shoogaze

tuffteef wrote:all you need is a big muff and feelings
tremolo3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Kojak the Ripper » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:42 pm

i read somewhere that there's no pedal worthy to sit at the Caprid's side. So far i have tried the Belle Epoch in conjunction, and the delay truly kills the fuzz, no matter the setting. I'll try other pedals and see if there's something that lets the Caprid shine in all it's iron splendour...
Last edited by Kojak the Ripper on Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kojak the Ripper

interested
interested

Postby jrfox92 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:22 pm

Maybe try putting the delay first?
It's probably because of however they filter the delay.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Kojak the Ripper » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:47 pm

popvulture wrote:Does anyone know if he's going to stop making the bix box pedals now? I like the small foot versions for sure, but I hope he keeps both options available. The big ones are indeed clunky, but tbh I prefer them...

No plans for big ones the moment, maybe later. But the small one is coming...
Kojak the Ripper

interested
interested

Postby popvulture » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:18 pm

I have a big Caprid, wanna get a big Box of War tho... I usually don't keep a muff on my board, because I tend to try not to have more than one fuzz (maybe blasphemy to some, but boards give me anxiety when they're too massive) and usually go for something a bit snarlier / more versatile. Currently that's a Frazz.

But yep, so I usually just play my muffs in smaller grab-a-few-pedals-and-go situations and don't mind the big size. I guess it's mainly nostalgia for the old EHX days, but I want the big enclosure :)*

I got the 47/73 recently and might like it more than the Caprid, but I dunno... it's tough to beat.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:19 pm

And thanks for the FB tips re: contacting Matt—I tried emailing a while ago but didn't get a response.

popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby qersty » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:35 am

Zounds Perspex wrote:TFR sounds great on bass, but with the guit I like the Box Of War. I might have to try The Caprid some time soon.

Aren't the civil war and tall font supposed to be identical, why do they make clones of both? Like I understand since the components they used were crap they would sound different from each other if you A/B:d them but that would be the same as the difference from two tall fonts or two civil wars. Did WC mix up the bubble font and tall font or is one of them modded or something?
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:37 am

According to Wren and Cuff:

#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear