New Wren and Cuff Muff

Moderator: Ghost Hip

New Wren and Cuff Muff

Postby theavondon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Image'

Looks pretty boner. BUT THEN AGAIN, ANOTHER MUFF, REALLY?
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Re: New Wren and Cuff Muff

Postby Fuzz_Pi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:34 pm

The dude has a reputation as one of the best muff builders now, doesnt bother me regardless as i dont use muffs
Fuzz_Pi

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm

theavondon wrote:Image'

So they already have the Tri Pie, the Box of War, and the Pickle Pie. So I'm assuming this is their Ram's Head muff?
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theavondon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Yeah, it's a $280 rams head.

EDIT: BUT IT LOOKS SUPER FUCKING COOL
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Fuzz_Pi » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:36 pm

theavondon wrote:Yeah, it's a $280 rams head.

EDIT: BUT IT LOOKS SUPER FUCKING COOL

Oh... Fuck that, I wouldve prefered if he made an IC clone, there''s not enough of those
Last edited by Fuzz_Pi on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuzz_Pi

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby wsas3 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:37 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:
theavondon wrote:Image'

So they already have the Tri Pie, the Box of War, and the Pickle Pie. So I'm assuming this is their Ram's Head muff?

Based on the print on the bottom right of the enclosure, I'd say yeah.
PErsonally I think it's a fine idea. There are a shitload of muffs out there, but since it's wren and cuffs main selling point I don't have beef with it.
But shit, 280? Fuck.
Chankgeez wrote:True, but you can also use the Klon as a tremolo. Just stomp on the switch as fast or slow as you'd like.

Good dealings with: benjuro, hatshirt(2), Eric!, insubordination, theavondon, skullservant, Ilikewater, GardenoftheDead, AndyTran, behndy, JerryTRCD, StopReferencing, philibis, jfrey, bob the robot, Noise..., space60y(x2), jskadiang, Ryan(2), Helter, mordecainyc, many more
wsas3

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:18 pm

although, i don't like any straight Muff i've ever played, and i ADORE the PPB. he does do that shit right.

super nice guy too.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby excane » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:49 pm

As much as I tried to like the PPB, I just couldn't. Then I realized that I'm just a Brassmaster guy.

(I also have a feeling it became another flavor of the month, especially on TB)

I've played and own several muff variants, but those variants are so far off the path they might as well be something else.

$280 for that, is just unbelievable.
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:51 pm

Might be worth that much after we've heard how it sounds?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby bigchiefbc » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:54 pm

The thing is, as much as guys like to split hairs between the different versions of Big Muff, it's still a Big Muff. The differences from version to version may be scrutinized until the end of time, but they are infinitesimal compared to the difference between any of them and any other type of fuzz. The most different one I ever heard was the IC Muff, which is probably why it's my favorite. But it's all an argument over retardedly similar shades of Muff.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby excane » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:The thing is, as much as guys like to split hairs between the different versions of Big Muff, it's still a Big Muff. The differences from version to version may be scrutinized until the end of time, but they are infinitesimal compared to the difference between any of them and any other type of fuzz. The most different one I ever heard was the IC Muff, which is probably why it's my favorite. But it's all an argument over retardedly similar shades of Muff.

100% truth.
excane

LORDOFDARKNESS
LORDOFDARKNESS

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:59 pm

excane wrote:
bigchiefbc wrote:The thing is, as much as guys like to split hairs between the different versions of Big Muff, it's still a Big Muff. The differences from version to version may be scrutinized until the end of time, but they are infinitesimal compared to the difference between any of them and any other type of fuzz. The most different one I ever heard was the IC Muff, which is probably why it's my favorite. But it's all an argument over retardedly similar shades of Muff.

100% truth.

I like my Muffs real shady.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby dubkitty » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:48 am

having nailed down a segment of the Really Good Sounding Muff Clone market, W&C are now wisely moving into the Retardedly Expensive Muff Clone market. high price? check! fancy enclosure? check! the Gear Page awaits!
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby thecamyth » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:36 am

i've got a tall font russian and a box of war. they are both phenomenal pedals, and they both have definitely made me a fan of wren and cuff. sure they're "clones", but it's obvious that a lot of care and attention have been put into the pedals...just extremely well made. hell, i'd buy another tall font russian if matt ever decided to house it in a green box of war enclosure. it doesn't hurt that matt is one straight up dude. that plus good pedals means repeat business with me. i love ryan and dr. scientist pedals for the exact same reasons.
thecamyth

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:47 am

Yeah, I like Wren & Cuff.

And really one can never've too much muff.

(and, yeah, Matt's an awesome man.)
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to General Gear