Let's see your AMP!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby cherler » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm

I posted this on IG a little while ago and totally forgot to share it here!

I managed to hunt down a second G-100! I'm not sure stereo with two of the exact same amp is how I'm going to go in the long run, but I couldn't resist.

Instagram yo

Good dealin's: D.o.S.
cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:26 pm

cherler wrote:I posted this on IG a little while ago and totally forgot to share it here!

I managed to hunt down a second G-100! I'm not sure stereo with two of the exact same amp is how I'm going to go in the long run, but I couldn't resist.

Setup looks dope.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:59 pm

G100s are killer little amps. I'd love a compact modern copy of that circuit in a little head.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cherler » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:14 am

odontophobia wrote:Setup looks dope.

Thanks!

whoismarykelly wrote:G100s are killer little amps. I'd love a compact modern copy of that circuit in a little head.

I've actually been thinking the same thing! The original manual comes with a pretty good circuit diagram it looks like, they even give voltages at a few test points, so I've been thinking of giving making some a shot one of these days.
Instagram yo

cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby crochambeau » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:04 pm

I decided the old Traynor 4x10 was not giving me the "airiness"/high frequency response I needed to test and enjoy stuff, so I swapped in an Altec 9845 for cabinet duty, still using the DuKane 1A385A.

I'll probably rotate a proper instrument amplifier into the mix soon, as this thing is a somewhat exaggerated experience.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby cherler » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:02 pm

That thing looks crazy!
Instagram yo

cherler

experienced
experienced

Postby odontophobia » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:33 am

Shit. That’s wild.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby VREEEEVROOOOOW » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:06 am

I've never posted in here despite adoring my amp, since the pic would be rather boring. It's just a JC-40 with reverb set to max. -_o_-
VREEEEVROOOOOW

experienced
experienced

Postby ummohyeah » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:17 pm

lol crochambeau, that thing is awesome.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby hbombgraphics » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:41 am

that altec is crazy!
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:58 am

Thanks! I'm loving it for synth stuff and clean sounds, it really casts a sharp spotlight on distortion/fuzz.. Very useful for circuit work, but not something I would really doom out on.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:24 pm

If you're thinking about new drivers for the Traynor, the jensen tornado classics (neodymium) sound really good w/ traynor stuff (defo "airy" imo) and are nice n lightweight. not super efficient/sensitive tho compared to a hefty ceramic.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby greenmario » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:11 am

interested in hearing how it held up at practice and any other details when ya get a chance

waltdogg wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
waltdogg wrote:just picked up a marshall origin 50 today. i promise i'll get a pic of everything tomorrow. all my amps are gonna be at my lockout for practice tomorrow.

Interesting to hear how you like the Origin.

i've been messing with them on and off since we started getting them at work. bringing my pedals in a week or two ago and really slamming one with my rig yielded some pretty satisfying results. so i figured i'd give it a shot when we got a 50 watter in again. but basically they sound like a marshall, bright and splashy. the tilt knob is pretty sweet though, it essentially blends the low gain and high gain channels that you'd find on a vintage marshall so you can get it just bright enough or make it dark and fuzzed out. i just swapped out the chinese preamp tubes for some tung-sols and a jj, we'll see how it sounds at practice tomorrow.
greenmario

involved
involved

Postby odontophobia » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:01 pm

greenmario wrote:interested in hearing how it held up at practice and any other details when ya get a chance

waltdogg wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
waltdogg wrote:just picked up a marshall origin 50 today. i promise i'll get a pic of everything tomorrow. all my amps are gonna be at my lockout for practice tomorrow.

Interesting to hear how you like the Origin.

i've been messing with them on and off since we started getting them at work. bringing my pedals in a week or two ago and really slamming one with my rig yielded some pretty satisfying results. so i figured i'd give it a shot when we got a 50 watter in again. but basically they sound like a marshall, bright and splashy. the tilt knob is pretty sweet though, it essentially blends the low gain and high gain channels that you'd find on a vintage marshall so you can get it just bright enough or make it dark and fuzzed out. i just swapped out the chinese preamp tubes for some tung-sols and a jj, we'll see how it sounds at practice tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm pretty interested in these for home use with the Cab Clone. Curious to see how it held up in the band context though.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby BoatRich » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:53 pm

I’m also really curious about the Origin in a band setting, I love those ones we have at work, but they don’t seem super loud. I’m debating between the 50w head, a traynor YRM-1/YBA-1, or a MiG 50 to stereo with my JCM 900
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear