Let's see your AMP!



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby systemofameow » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:02 pm

ShaunNecro wrote:Image

Stacking that SVT on top of there was fuuuuuuun.

:love:
systemofameow

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby blakestree » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:07 am

Wow, nice earthmover, Shaun!
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:36 pm
Location: Savannah, GA USA

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby waltdogg » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:40 pm

just picked up a peavey butcher and completed my trifecta of amp heads. a hellhawk, a v-4, and now a butcher. i hate to say this these days but i finally have all the tones i want, the butcher is probably the best sounding jcm800 type amp i've ever owned. i'll stack all three up soon for a pic.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: hell, ca

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby odontophobia » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:47 pm

waltdogg wrote:just picked up a peavey butcher and completed my trifecta of amp heads. a hellhawk, a v-4, and now a butcher. i hate to say this these days but i finally have all the tones i want, the butcher is probably the best sounding jcm800 type amp i've ever owned. i'll stack all three up soon for a pic.


have you rocked an actual jcm 800? if so. curious what you thought about it and what you like about the butcher vs jcm and its known variants.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: grand rapids

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby BoatRich » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:33 pm

odontophobia wrote:
waltdogg wrote:just picked up a peavey butcher and completed my trifecta of amp heads. a hellhawk, a v-4, and now a butcher. i hate to say this these days but i finally have all the tones i want, the butcher is probably the best sounding jcm800 type amp i've ever owned. i'll stack all three up soon for a pic.


have you rocked an actual jcm 800? if so. curious what you thought about it and what you like about the butcher vs jcm and its known variants.

I’ve owned both, the JCM has a bit looser bass, and less thud overall. The 800 I owned also seemed to have less gain until it was fucking cranked. The Butcher has more usable pregain
BoatRich

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2173
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm
Location: Northern VA/DC

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby waltdogg » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:54 am

BoatRich wrote:
odontophobia wrote:
waltdogg wrote:just picked up a peavey butcher and completed my trifecta of amp heads. a hellhawk, a v-4, and now a butcher. i hate to say this these days but i finally have all the tones i want, the butcher is probably the best sounding jcm800 type amp i've ever owned. i'll stack all three up soon for a pic.


have you rocked an actual jcm 800? if so. curious what you thought about it and what you like about the butcher vs jcm and its known variants.

I’ve owned both, the JCM has a bit looser bass, and less thud overall. The 800 I owned also seemed to have less gain until it was fucking cranked. The Butcher has more usable pregain

i'd say this is all accurate to my experience with a couple different jcm 800s as well. however, i've noticed later clones like the butcher, vtm, and mig 100 have changes in the circuit that add gain and low end, etc.

the butcher also has an extremely responsive eq, just a nudge of any knob can make a huge tonal difference. which is the opposite my experience with marshall jcm 800s and sovtek mig 100s.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: hell, ca

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby odontophobia » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:23 am

Cool. Cool cool cool.
Have had a RedBear MK60, Peavey VTM60 and a Sovtek MIG60. The RedBear was definitely my favorite of them all. It had a shit ton of bass on tap.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: grand rapids

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby whoismarykelly » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:13 pm

odontophobia wrote:Cool. Cool cool cool.
Have had a RedBear MK60, Peavey VTM60 and a Sovtek MIG60. The RedBear was definitely my favorite of them all. It had a shit ton of bass on tap.


That's because those were designed to be 50-100w heads and cabs that sounded huge at low volume. So a massive amount of bass at volumes where flub isn't an issue.
whoismarykelly

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1287
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby ognoy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Got a Quilter 101 Mini Head in the mail the other day.
Sounds super rad, seems like it is plenty loud and weighs next to nothing!

Image

Recorded a new demo this weekend using the Quilter for all guitar tracks.
Image
ognoy

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 837
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:33 pm
Location: Bergen, Norway

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby frigid midget » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:44 pm

Image

Figured a small 1x12 cab and a 1/4 power switch would be enough to tame the bassmaster for living room use...

I was wrong :whateva: :facepalm:
univalve wrote:The fuzz pedlols fuck everything up...
frigid midget

IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby Sonaboy » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:15 pm

This one has a sweet spot about 4 numbers wide on the master dial.

Image
Sonaboy

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 2:53 am
Location: KCMO

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:07 pm

Niiiiiice
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 8228
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby Zounds Perspex » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:51 pm

New wee amp day!

Swart STR-Tremolo. 5 Watts Of whoopass. This might be the perfect couch amp. Just running the footswitch over to the couch and I’m GOOD.

Image

UGH. Photobucket. Yesssh.
Last edited by Zounds Perspex on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe partying will help.
Zounds Perspex

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby Zounds Perspex » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:53 pm

Ugggh, why Imgur, why?
Maybe partying will help.
Zounds Perspex

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby waltdogg » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Zounds Perspex wrote:Ugggh, why Imgur, why?

picresize.com
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:01 pm
Location: hell, ca

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: codetocontra, shikawkee and 9 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.