· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:05 pm

Our rehersal space is in the middle of an industrial park. Protecting ourselves from the machines. :joy:

Katana is great. Very pleased with it. Versatile, surprisingly loud, great lows, not as boxy as other small amps I've tried, powerful EQ, solid selection of Boss effects (although you have to connect it to a computer to tweak more than one parameter on the effect). I don't know. For the price, you really can't beat it, imo.
Last edited by UglyCasanova on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:29 pm

We should join gear sometime and create a black hole ...

UglyCasanova wrote:Bass stack: Trace Elliot GP12 SMX + 4x10 + 1x15

Drone/synth/drum machine amp: HH IC-100

Backup drone/synth/drum machine amp: Roland JC-160

Home amp: Boss Katana 50

Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:50 pm

Let us! :zen:

Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:55 am

Here's my 197? Fender PA100 that I recently acquired. I built a new grill to replace the old trashed one, and changed the jewel to better match the grill cloth. It had also been completely re-tubed with Sovtek's just before I got it. I plan on adding mid boost switches to each channel, switchable gain stages, and channel jumpering.

ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by jonathanac30 on Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:52 am

jonathanac30 wrote:Here's my 197? Fender PA100 that I recently acquired. I built a new grill to replace the old trashed one, and changed the jewel to better match the grill cloth. It had also been completely re-tubed with Sovtek's just before I got it. I plan on adding mid boost switches to each channel, switchable gain stages, and channel jumpering.

Image Image Image Image

Flickr is goofy when copying links. You'll probably have to view the photos different to get the correct URL. Was gonna do it since I'm awake, holding a baby, but I can't do it from my iPhone. Nice looking amp though. These make cool sounding guitar channels. Somebody, maybe skulls, had one and was really digging the channel jumping.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:48 pm

Got my V4 today! So very close to owning all the V's.

Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:48 pm

ShaunNecro wrote:owning all the V's.

Just like I did back in high-school.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:10 am

ShaunNecro wrote:Image

Got my V4 today! So very close to owning all the V's.

That picture is too loud

Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Flickr is goofy when copying links. You'll probably have to view the photos different to get the correct URL. Was gonna do it since I'm awake, holding a baby, but I can't do it from my iPhone. Nice looking amp though. These make cool sounding guitar channels. Somebody, maybe skulls, had one and was really digging the channel jumping.

Thanks! I think I've gotten it sorted. I'm just going to use imgur from now on. Much more message board/forum friendly.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:29 pm

This whole page is boner town.

Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:30 pm

love the pa100!! super clean too

Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:47 am

Cisco wrote:
ShaunNecro wrote:owning all the V's.

Just like I did back in high-school.

Made me chuckle in bed when I should have been sleeping.

Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Hypnodrone wrote:We should join gear sometime and create a black hole ...

Drone/synth/drum machine amp: HH IC-100

Backup drone/synth/drum machine amp: Roland JC-160

want those HH and JCs

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:41 am

Picked up this Hiwatt cab yesterday for 170 bucks, found in the local adverts. It has some cheap Marshall MG speakers in it, but still a bargain!

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:14 pm

wild, here everyone wants an arm and a leg for anything vaguely hiwatt.
Post a reply