Let's see your AMP!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed May 23, 2018 3:47 pm

Sweet! so which one do you run into which cab or are they summed down in the power amp?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KingNed » Wed May 23, 2018 8:50 pm

They each have their own channel of the power amp. The Sunn-T goes into the Peavey 15, and the Thunderbird into the Blackstar 2x12.

The choice of 12 for the super lead style circuit and 15 for the sunn seemed to accentuate their character a bit more so that's what I stuck with. The plan for support slots is to just take the 2x12 and sit it on top of whatever other cab is there. Next 3 gigs I have lined up all have Marshall 4x12s available so the Sunn will run into those.

It's pretty much an entirely new rig and I've only had the chance to gig it once last Saturday, which was a disaster. The house Orange 4x12 which the sound guy miced solely had a dodgy speaker jack which fell out from vibration In the first song. No one told me until after the show was over that there was no guitar in the PA for the whole gig. i didn't realise as the 2x12 on top was still blasting in my ear and sounded great. As I'm in a 2 piece and use a bass side to my rig, all the audience heard for 30 mins was bass and drums haha. Sucked.
KING BEE - Two-piece Stoner/Sludge http://www.kingbeeuk.com
KingNed

interested
interested

Postby kpsta » Thu May 24, 2018 10:44 am

My 1959 Selmer TV18 is back home after a makeover at Steamboat Amps in Houston. It was wired originally wired for 220v, designed with no power transformer, and it used these huge resistors. It also used a pair of obscure KT55 tubes, but now has a pair of 6v6s (I'll probably be selling the KT55s as I no longer have a need for them). Now it's set up to run at 120v and it sounds fantastic when totally cranked.
kpsta

interested
interested

Postby JTurbide » Thu May 24, 2018 10:56 am

:love: :drool:
JTurbide

committed
committed

Postby retinal orbita » Thu May 24, 2018 8:34 pm

My home basement rig, and maybe little portable travel gigging rig, it's a 15" Peavey cab I found in a pawn shop for $50 that I stripped down, rewired, pulled off the carpeting and painted black, rebuilt the grill cover (previously it was one of those lousy metal grills, and added my own kicky fabric (but kept the Peavey logo, of course!). I swapped out the shitty wheels but kept the corner thingeys to give it a little bit of a worn in look.

The head is a solid state Yorkville from the early 80's right after they were rebranded from Taynor with lots of tonal flexibility and lots of volume. I may or may not swap it out for a Peavey Centurion head I have at my space......
retinal orbita

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby repoman » Sat May 26, 2018 8:28 am

kpsta wrote:Image

My 1959 Selmer TV18 is back home after a makeover at Steamboat Amps in Houston. It was wired originally wired for 220v, designed with no power transformer, and it used these huge resistors. It also used a pair of obscure KT55 tubes, but now has a pair of 6v6s (I'll probably be selling the KT55s as I no longer have a need for them). Now it's set up to run at 120v and it sounds fantastic when totally cranked.

mega jelly of all that
Selmers are the coolest
repoman

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby odontophobia » Sat May 26, 2018 1:08 pm

theavondon wrote:BUY IT, GIVE A SHIT LATER
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Cisco » Sat May 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Snatched up this little save tiny portable like picnic-spinner bass rig:

Cisco

committed
committed

Postby iamthearm » Sat May 26, 2018 7:05 pm

These two can get most any job done but I've been known to clown.

Tone is in the directional cables.
iamthearm

interested
interested

Postby jogi » Mon May 28, 2018 3:22 pm

New amp combination. Hiwatt + AC30 <- Treblebooster <- SG tuned to C = Classic 70s tones.

886A2329-2.jpg
jogi

interested
interested

Postby Lurker13 » Mon May 28, 2018 6:38 pm

jogi wrote:New amp combination. Hiwatt + AC30 <- Treblebooster <- SG tuned to C = Classic 70s tones.

Nice, nice, nice, and NICE! Total badassery in that picture. :rock:
Lurker13

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Cisco » Tue May 29, 2018 12:23 am

jogi wrote:New amp combination. Hiwatt + AC30 <- Treblebooster <- SG tuned to C = Classic 70s tones.

886A2329-2.jpg

Gyeahuh.
Cisco

committed
committed

Postby Sonaboy » Thu May 31, 2018 3:33 pm

1980 JMP, 100 watts and a pretty early version of those Ampeg B&W straight cabs. I think I'm the fourth owner of the cab. I think Stephen Egerton of The Descendents was the original owner of the cab. I also had one of his guitars for a little while until the neck split right at the heel (that really hurt).

Sonaboy

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu May 31, 2018 4:14 pm

:rock:
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang, laekna, biftaclyro, maortojn, oscillateur

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck

I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/releases
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ummohyeah » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:04 pm

Anyone who has some Sunn stacks that hasn't posted in a while give us an update?

I've got a Sunn Sonic I and Sunn cab and I'm eyeing a Solarus or Beta stack to complement it. Please tempt me.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear