Re: Let's see your AMP!

Postby JTurbide » Thu May 10, 2018 5:02 pm

:love: Wow that EGC + YBA combo
JTurbide

committed
committed

Postby fuzzonaut » Fri May 11, 2018 8:55 am

Got a H&K Bass Master for home noodling, it's perfect!

BM.jpg

The routing possibilities.

BMS.jpg
Now: https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

experienced
experienced

Postby Sardocasm » Fri May 11, 2018 2:06 pm

Newest addition. Such a pretty clean sound to start with that the gross and evil sounds are that much better.

Sardocasm

committed
committed

Postby adamajah » Fri May 11, 2018 3:39 pm

I just upgraded my stereo amp setup from this finicky 90's Crate to this Imperial. Good god it's :!!!: sounding

Went to go check it out and the seller turned out to be a nice fella from MW.

adamajah

committed
committed

Postby The Eristic » Fri May 18, 2018 2:13 am

Yeah, I'd say that's an upgrade! Also I'd looooove to have a Sportsman to go with my Rambler.

This 115LB with EVM15 I snagged from the GC site just showed up, completes my '80s metal box mini-stack with the 408LGS. Now I just need to find a 2100sel head!

The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 am

The Eristic wrote:Yeah, I'd say that's an upgrade! Also I'd looooove to have a Sportsman to go with my Rambler.

This 115LB with EVM15 I snagged from the GC site just showed up, completes my '80s metal box mini-stack with the 408LGS. Now I just need to find a 2100sel head!

GK shit is always so sexy :love:
Wipe your feet really good on the rhythm rug
nogodsnobedtimes

committed
committed

Postby The Eristic » Fri May 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Yeah, they've always had a really particular vibe going. The ones with the vaporwave logos (as my student calls them) like that are crazy values, too. They usually have legit Celestion/EV/etc OEM drivers inside but go for next to nothing. I paid ~$100 shipped for that 1x15 and $90 for the 4x8.
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby adamajah » Fri May 18, 2018 8:20 pm

The Eristic wrote:Yeah, I'd say that's an upgrade! Also I'd looooove to have a Sportsman to go with my Rambler.

Yes I was stalking the Sportsman as well before I got the Imperial. :snax:
adamajah

committed
committed

Postby nad » Fri May 18, 2018 11:37 pm

I've posted these a few times, but I finally got a chance to see all 4 in the same room. Usually one is at home, another at the rehearsal space, the third with my repair guy, and a fourth shunned in a corner for being naughty. All in varying rotation, depending on their mood.

Speaking of that, the SVT-II crapped out again tonight. Fun while it lasted, alas. Anyhow, when functioning, I run any of them through an Ampeg 8x10" or Bergantino 4x12" cab. I used to go through a pair of Bag End 1x12" cabs but kept blowing speakers. GEE I WONDER WHY. :omg:
nad

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby nogodsnobedtimes » Sat May 19, 2018 12:14 am

The Eristic wrote:Yeah, they've always had a really particular vibe going. The ones with the vaporwave logos (as my student calls them) like that are crazy values, too. They usually have legit Celestion/EV/etc OEM drivers inside but go for next to nothing. I paid ~$100 shipped for that 1x15 and $90 for the 4x8.

Damn dude, for real?!

How does the 4x8 pair with the 1x15? That's a set up I always wanted to try, but never made it happen.
Wipe your feet really good on the rhythm rug
nogodsnobedtimes

committed
committed

Postby The Eristic » Sat May 19, 2018 7:43 pm

With the EV and small ported box, it's a fairly tight and balanced 15" that isn't really performing sub duties (it only goes down to 50hz in a TL606, and this box is much smaller), so it hangs surprisingly well with the super fast 8"s. I think I want to move it to the top, though, to see if its midrange will hit the ear a little better.
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby KingNed » Tue May 22, 2018 6:48 pm

So my setup is a bit weird. It's two 9.5" rack preamps I built running into a stereo power amp (QSC RMX1450) into two cabs - a Blackstar Artisan 2x12 with V30's and a Peavey Black Widow 1x15. The Peavey sounds a bit muffled to me so I might get something different at some point.
The two preamps are emulations of a Model-T and a Marshall Super Lead. This is an all solid state setup. Housed in a custom 3u rack case built by Zilla cabs.
KING BEE - Two-piece Stoner/Sludge http://www.kingbeeuk.com
KingNed

interested
interested

Postby BetterOffShred » Tue May 22, 2018 10:10 pm

Pretty rad :)
BetterOffShred

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby hbombgraphics » Wed May 23, 2018 9:27 am

KingNed wrote:Image

So my setup is a bit weird. It's two 9.5" rack preamps I built running into a stereo power amp (QSC RMX1450) into two cabs - a Blackstar Artisan 2x12 with V30's and a Peavey Black Widow 1x15. The Peavey sounds a bit muffled to me so I might get something different at some point.
The two preamps are emulations of a Model-T and a Marshall Super Lead. This is an all solid state setup. Housed in a custom 3u rack case built by Zilla cabs.

This is killer looking,

Did you build the preamps from a kit?

I used to run something similar but I ran a preamp into a kustom PA head, yours looks much cooler and more reliable.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby KingNed » Wed May 23, 2018 3:43 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:This is killer looking,

Did you build the preamps from a kit?

I used to run something similar but I ran a preamp into a kustom PA head, yours looks much cooler and more reliable.

Not a kit per-say. It was my own concept of execution, but the circuit boards are a GuitarPCB Sunn-T (with a JFET buffer before the volume pot), and a Runoffgroove Thunderbird on a PCB by 1776 effects. I bought the components and populated them myself. They're meant to be built in regular pedal enclosures but I wanted them in a rack configuration. I guess they're not proper 'preamps' as the output impedance isn't exactly what you'd get from a 'real' one but they sound great regardless.
The cases I bought are from a UK company called Allmetalparts.co.uk. They do this range of 'half rack' cases in various sizes and configurations. I just bought two of the most basic ones with blank panels, marked out the holes I needed, and took them to a metal workshop where they drilled the holes for me. Wired them both up in a day and then gigged it the next night.
KING BEE - Two-piece Stoner/Sludge http://www.kingbeeuk.com
KingNed

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear