The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Postby insubordination » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:54 am

Walrus Iron Horse with a cooler graphic than the stock version for $109 shipped (I know these are super cheap now but, you know...)

http://www.musicgoround.com/p/808871/us ... fect-pedal

Good deals on ILF: too many to list, just ask!

http://difficult.band
http://missingskull.bandcamp.com
insubordination

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echorec » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:09 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:55 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:21 am

Musicians Fiend has TC Electronics "Cinder" (OD), "Fangs" (metal) and "Blood Moon" (phaser) pedals on sale for $35 (usually $50). Not the stupid deal, but in discounts. Anybody tried these?

So far, I haven't played a TC Electronics pedal that knocked me out (I tried HOF mini, Flashback mini, and Vortex mini). They just sound kind of flat to me, I'm not sure if I can explain it. I don't have golden ears though, so YMMV.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby echorec » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm

K2000 wrote:Musicians Fiend has TC Electronics "Cinder" (OD), "Fangs" (metal) and "Blood Moon" (phaser) pedals on sale for $35 (usually $50). Not the stupid deal, but in discounts. Anybody tried these?

So far, I haven't played a TC Electronics pedal that knocked me out (I tried HOF mini, Flashback mini, and Vortex mini). They just sound kind of flat to me, I'm not sure if I can explain it. I don't have golden ears though, so YMMV.

Those are really just tweaked Behringers with the TC name on them. So the phaser is likely just a Small Stone with bottom-shelf components.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Bottom-shelf components sound fine when you're liquor'd up on well drinks. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:52 pm

There aren't many shelves when it comes to components. Its not like gas or liquor where there are premium and rail. Its just different parts that meet different specs and the tighter tolerance or higher performing parts, which are not often used in audio, are more expensive. So its the same SMD caps and resistors and opamps and transistors in a Behringer pedal as there are in any other pedal. The hardware is a bit cheaper but not by much. The all on one PCB design is what makes them cheap since there is nothing to wire by hand. When you look at an MXR pedal though they're the same way.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:36 pm

Big secret folks: shelves are bullshit, no matter what you're buying you can pay a premium for a marginal difference or you can not.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Those tc pedals are on sale for $35 at guitar center too. I havent tried any of them but hey sometimes gas station sushi hits the spot, y'know? Also hey Mr Chankz look at muh new sig.
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:12 pm

The new TC pedals are good for the price. That's all I have to add.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby GWFH » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:13 pm

This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
GWFH

interested
interested

Postby Ghost Hip » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:08 am

jwar wrote:The new TC pedals are good for the price. That's all I have to add.

Word. If anyone cares for my two cents. The two delays are legit, and the fuzz was pretty awesome on guitar and bass. The fuzz has a serious garage rock vibe ala Ty Segall or Wand. Also the compressor competed with a Keeley and Xotic XP no problem. Phaser was too bright for me, chorus was underwhelming. Reverb is okay but its also $60 so like who can complain. The other drive pedals were good for what they were.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:27 pm

PumpkinPieces wrote:
jwar wrote:The new TC pedals are good for the price. That's all I have to add.

Word. If anyone cares for my two cents. The two delays are legit, and the fuzz was pretty awesome on guitar and bass. The fuzz has a serious garage rock vibe ala Ty Segall or Wand. Also the compressor competed with a Keeley and Xotic XP no problem. Phaser was too bright for me, chorus was underwhelming. Reverb is okay but its also $60 so like who can complain. The other drive pedals were good for what they were.

Is that the rusty fuzz? I thought the new TCs were mini pedals but I can't seem to find them on their website.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby space6oy » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:05 pm

that jaguar sold, know how much it went for?
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:10 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear