The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Postby echorec » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:07 am

whoismarykelly wrote:There are a pile of Shallow Waters on Reverb currently. Not surprised as the preorder went up before there were any sound clips and I think a lot of people probably expected something a little different. Or at least didn't anticipate the LPG part of the pedal which makes it a little weird to use.

You don't buy a pedal and list it a few hours later with a 30-50% markup, because you can't figure it out. You do it, because you're hopeful some other dipshit with too much disposable income will reward you with a nice payday.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 am

Its not necessarily an either/or thing. People might just search the item, see what they're selling for, and then list theirs around there too.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:39 am

I don't get it. There's an add to cart on their website for 325 CAD, which is roughly $257 USD. Why the fuck would anyone buy those?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby mathias » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:42 am

Pedal commodities market. There's a lot of volatility on a new thing before it stabilizes. Especially when there might be perceived (but not actual) scarcity. This is how markets work.
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mathias » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:42 am

PS - yay capitalism? :p
ILF Equipped :love:

skullservant wrote:You can like whatever you want so long as it makes you happy

Searching for that new sound.
If you can read this, then I'm back? :?:
mathias

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:05 am

whoismarykelly wrote:Its not necessarily an either/or thing. People might just search the item, see what they're selling for, and then list theirs around there too.

If people were genuinely more interested in learning something, rather than getting a quick payoff, then they'd keep it for more than an afternoon. If you flip something after a few hours with it, then you clearly care more about cash, than harnessing a new tool. It's fine with me, as that payday isn't coming from my funds.

My biggest problem with flippers is not that they're capitalizing on the stupidity and impulsiveness of people with too much dough. My problem is the idiotic window dressing. It's the used car salesman sleaze which is just completely avoidable.

Not everybody in America's cat has fucking AIDS. I'm so sick of people acting like they bought a hot ticket item and *bam* tragedy struck. No, you bought it and now you want a payoff. (that doesn't bother me) Just describe the item, like a store would and publish your listing. All this fucking nonsense about faux tragedy and your first world struggles are pointless. ---Being an opportunist doesn't necessarily make you an asshole, but spinning unnecessary lies does.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:20 am

echorec wrote:
Not everybody in America's cat has fucking AIDS.

You're knockin' FIV now? :idk: :|: :hobbes:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:24 am

echorec wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:Its not necessarily an either/or thing. People might just search the item, see what they're selling for, and then list theirs around there too.

If people were genuinely more interested in learning something, rather than getting a quick payoff, then they'd keep it for more than an afternoon. If you flip something after a few hours with it, then you clearly care more about cash, than harnessing a new tool. It's fine with me, as that payday isn't coming from my funds.

My biggest problem with flippers is not that they're capitalizing on the stupidity and impulsiveness of people with too much dough. My problem is the idiotic window dressing. It's the used car salesman sleaze which is just completely avoidable.

Not everybody in America's cat has fucking AIDS. I'm so sick of people acting like they bought a hot ticket item and *bam* tragedy struck. No, you bought it and now you want a payoff. (that doesn't bother me) Just describe the item, like a store would and publish your listing. All this fucking nonsense about faux tragedy and your first world struggles are pointless. ---Being an opportunist doesn't necessarily make you an asshole, but spinning unnecessary lies does.

Sometimes people buy things just to flip them. I buy shit often knowing I will either A)like it or B)flip it. It's not always for a profit, but when I can make a profit, awesome.

For me, I can play a pedal and know wether I'll dig it in about 5-10 minutes. I've learned to take more time the last couple years, but I tend to get a pretty damn good feel fast. For instance, I knew for a fact after playing the Infinite Jets, it just was not for me. I ended up breaking even in a trade on it. So I was happy, and homie that is getting it was happy. Sure I could have spend endless amount of time to play with it but if it doesn't do at least something I want out of the box, I'm out. I hate pedals that I have to tweak into oblivion before I dig them. It's not worth it IMO when there's so many others out there.

Of course we all know the tale of Wata from yesteryears. I have not done something on that scale since. Probably mostly from the terrible guilt. In fact. I sold my Pretty Years twice for the same price I paid, then a day later saw one sell for 800 bucks. I kicked myself a bit on that one, but ultimately felt bad.

I'm guilty of the "tragedy strikes thing" because that's normally when I sell. I probably should leave that off the ad, I know that. I've never done it for an animal like you're saying but when my buddy passed recently or when my sister's been sick and things like that, I have been known to mention it. Or that I'm in debt (although those are usually a hint to take advantage of me. LOL).

So, I agree with you, but the only time I actually care is when it's a situation where I want the pedal and cannot buy it because someone is selling it for too high. Then I'll wait, and wait, and wait and eventually someone will get desperate. :)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:27 am

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:30 am

I hate cats so much.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:32 am

Don't forget ring modulators. You hate those too.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 am

Yea but I only hate cats because I'm allergic to them. I hate ring mods because they suck. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:36 am

jwar wrote:
echorec wrote:

Sometimes people buy things just to flip them. I buy shit often knowing I will either A)like it or B)flip it. It's not always for a profit, but when I can make a profit, awesome.

For me, I can play a pedal and know wether I'll dig it in about 5-10 minutes. I've learned to take more time the last couple years, but I tend to get a pretty damn good feel fast. For instance, I knew for a fact after playing the Infinite Jets, it just was not for me. I ended up breaking even in a trade on it. So I was happy, and homie that is getting it was happy. Sure I could have spend endless amount of time to play with it but if it doesn't do at least something I want out of the box, I'm out. I hate pedals that I have to tweak into oblivion before I dig them. It's not worth it IMO when there's so many others out there.

Of course we all know the tale of Wata from yesteryears. I have not done something on that scale since. Probably mostly from the terrible guilt. In fact. I sold my Pretty Years twice for the same price I paid, then a day later saw one sell for 800 bucks. I kicked myself a bit on that one, but ultimately felt bad.

I'm guilty of the "tragedy strikes thing" because that's normally when I sell. I probably should leave that off the ad, I know that. I've never done it for an animal like you're saying but when my buddy passed recently or when my sister's been sick and things like that, I have been known to mention it. Or that I'm in debt (although those are usually a hint to take advantage of me. LOL).

So, I agree with you, but the only time I actually care is when it's a situation where I want the pedal and cannot buy it because someone is selling it for too high. Then I'll wait, and wait, and wait and eventually someone will get desperate. :)

I get new-to-market things pretty routinely where there is an element of the pedal that doesn't work for me and I know it within 30 seconds. 856 for Zellersasn recorded on the release of switches. Fucking nope for me. Right back to Reverb.

I've been buying and selling pedals for long enough that I can quickly determine if I like something and the magic positions of the dials for one specific setting aren't often going to change that. I've built enough pieces of gear to know how things work and learning how to tweak something perfectly is unnecessary for me to know if I like something. I don't keep pieces of gear I have to find a reason to keep.

I don't mind peoples stories about why they're selling although I generally leave them off listings myself. If its a brand new piece of gear someone preordered though you have to consider that the tragedy didn't happen the second they opened the box. I had to replace the roof on my house recently and 4 pieces of pre-order gear arrived after that bill came and I had paid for them months before. So they went up for sale because I could recoup that money that had been tied up with the builder.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby repoman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:53 am

jwar wrote:I don't get it. There's an add to cart on their website for 325 CAD, which is roughly $257 USD. Why the fuck would anyone buy those?

The initial batch sold out and theres a 8-10 week wait for the new ones
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby repoman » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:55 am

echorec wrote:

One time I had to sell an Echo Degrader because my cat had bladder stone surgery
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear