The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Ha, ha, yep, ck3, thanks, I saw that. Already on my watch list. :thumb:

Tryin' to sell stuff to get it: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=56815 :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby BossMann73 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Just read some posts about the ethics of flipping and I really am shocked at some of the replies. As a person who has been repeatedly accused of this by some members here (although 99% off the time I am losing major money) I don't quite get the animosity. First off, what business is it of anyone to lecture anyone else about what they can or can't do with their pedals? Secondly, why is it a problem if someone makes some money on a pedal? No one gets killed in the process and presumably the buyer is cool with the whole thing. If you feel like you're being hosed or swindled, don't buy.

Case in point, the recent Boneshaker sale led to dozens of these pedals being sold for double or more asking prices. I don't know how many people bought at those higher prices, but again, was anyone killed? I bought one for 39.99 and sold it for $50 after giving it a chance on my board. Are we bad people for doing this? I personally don't think so. After all, compared to a Wall Street banker or government official who steal billions, why the fuck are people on here berating other musicians who are lucky if they break even or make a few bucks on a pedal. Berate the true thieves in this society and leave the rest of us out of your hangups.
BossMann73

committed
committed

Postby actual » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:29 pm

I think it stems from the ethos that "pedals belong to the people man" and so when dudes start asking way too high prices on certain pedals, they make them unavailable to certain people, in the interest of money and not music making. Thus they're dicks.
Mixing and mastering? Makeshift Audio
actual

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Chankgeez wrote:I'll stick to my Buddhist economics (when it comes to dealing person to person). :zen: :D
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby BossMann73 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:40 pm

actualidiot wrote:I think it stems from the ethos that "pedals belong to the people man" and so when dudes start asking way too high prices on certain pedals, they make them unavailable to certain people, in the interest of money and not music making. Thus they're dicks.

Fair enough and I get the sentiment you speak of, but presumably market forces would take care of it, no? I mean, a pedal that is too high a price would sit there unsold for a long azz time. Asking prices are not final prices after all. Anyhow, I'm just a little sensitive to this because I am a businessman who likes making money and also because I've been accused of being a pedal flipper, or "pump and dumper" many times although I always seem to lose money on pedals and when I do make a little, it's like $10-$40 bucks max. I don't think the vast majority get into selling pedals on Reverb to get rich. In reality, most of use are funding an addictive habit and a big part of the rush of that habit is "moving on to the next pedal." I'd venture that most of us are losing money on this habit. That has definitely been true for me.

PS-The sad reality of it all is that nothing is really selling in the musical instrument market these days unless it is being given away. I see pedals sitting for months on Reverb at pretty fair prices. I know I have pedals for sale that are supposedly "holy grails" and I have lowballs up the ass on em. Anyhow, my general attitude is live and let live and if you (the universal you, not you specifically) got a problem with capitalism or money or making money, well, Venezuela has some open spots that would love to be filled up with you. Just make sure to bring some guns with you because the state is failing and people are eating roadkill.
BossMann73

committed
committed

Postby jrfox92 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:31 pm

BossMann73 wrote:Fair enough and I get the sentiment you speak of, but presumably market forces would take care of it, no? I mean, a pedal that is too high a price would sit there unsold for a long azz time.

Depends entirely on the situation.
When it comes to builders like Mtl.Asm or Cooper FX (where product is particularly limited and releases are generally few and far between), scalpers will pick up a whole bunch and immediately inflate the holy shit out of the price. It's especially annoying when people will buy pedals that are currently available and attempt to flip them for more than they paid on Reverb/eBay/ B/S/T's (which we've seen repeatedly with Mtl.Asm products).
A similar thing happens with hot market items like Strymon (where, even years later, people still insisting on keeping resale prices extremely close to MSRP).

Since it's not like these are actual retail sources, they can keep the prices inflated for as long as they want, and other resellers will attempt to do so, too, because there's no genuine market history behind these items.
The only response people really have, then, is to give these flippers grief when they try to do that kind of thing around here, especially since this is a fairly tight-knit community. :idk:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby BossMann73 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:42 pm

jrfox92 wrote:
BossMann73 wrote:Fair enough and I get the sentiment you speak of, but presumably market forces would take care of it, no? I mean, a pedal that is too high a price would sit there unsold for a long azz time.

Depends entirely on the situation.
When it comes to builders like Mtl.Asm or Cooper FX (where product is particularly limited and releases are generally few and far between), scalpers will pick up a whole bunch and immediately inflate the holy shit out of the price. It's especially annoying when people will buy pedals that are currently available and attempt to flip them for more than they paid on Reverb/eBay/ B/S/T's (which we've seen repeatedly with Mtl.Asm products).
A similar thing happens with hot market items like Strymon (where, even years later, people still insisting on keeping resale prices extremely close to MSRP).

Since it's not like these are actual retail sources, they can keep the prices inflated for as long as they want, and other resellers will attempt to do so, too, because there's no genuine market history behind these items.
The only response people really have, then, is to give these flippers grief when they try to do that kind of thing around here, especially since this is a fairly tight-knit community. :idk:

Well, with those examples you gave I would tend to be in your camp. I thought people were getting pissed at someone who buys a pedal for $60 and sells it for like $75 or something. Thanks Foxy!
BossMann73

committed
committed

Postby damnableman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Cheap Infinity. Maybe no PSU?http://www.ebay.com/itm/122607120998
damnableman

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:48 pm

It's pretty obvious that's what people meant. No one cares if you score a pedal on the cheap and make a few quid on the flip, it's The Flippers that get between artists and art to make an easy dollar.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby BossMann73 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:51 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:It's pretty obvious that's what people meant. No one cares if you score a pedal on the cheap and make a few quid on the flip, it's The Flippers that get between artists and art to make an easy dollar.

Understoond and thanks for the correction. Same shit happens with concert tickets too. Music is becoming increasingly less fun in today's world and I agree that these fucking people need to die.
BossMann73

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:55 pm

You're right, they're no different to scalpers. Just a different niche.
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby The Eristic » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:32 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
The Eristic wrote:Here's an obscure one.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gibson ... -Guitar.gc

I'm irrationally offended by that

I hated it at first, too (though largely because I hate Kahlers), but I got to thinking, if I were in a gnarly stoner-doom band, it'd be kinda perfect.
Check out my live guitar streams @ http://www.twitch.tv/the_eristic!
The Eristic

experienced
experienced

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:59 am

comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:41 am

User 'Knyst' over on muffwiggler is selling the unobtainium that is Bugbrand AudioWeevil08
I often wish I'd never sold mine, but I can't justify this so soon after getting the drone commander :cry:
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:54 am

:eek: :love: :cry:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear