The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Postby spacelordmother » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:25 pm

coupleonapkins wrote:Image

:lol:
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Bartimaeus » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:33 am

sweetwater just did a $70 price drop on the Miku stomp, now it's $130. Only a hair above used prices.

Also, some ebay sellers have it for $113, which is pretty hard to pass up on.
Bartimaeus

committed
committed

Postby echorec » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:21 am

Bartimaeus wrote:sweetwater just did a $70 price drop on the Miku stomp, now it's $130. Only a hair above used prices.

If it malfunctions in a year or two, Sweetwater will actually service it. If you buy from a liquidator in Japan, you're just stuck with a dead unit.

Korg doesn't service their own products in the US. As someone who's had problems with Korg gear, I would much rather deal with Sweetwater, than deal with the average Korg-authorized repair spot.

When I called Korg's USA offices for support, the Korg rep was an absolute dickhead. In my experience, none of the shop techs were particularly keen about working with Korg either.
echorec

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Confuzzled » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 am

Yep, org doesn't have customer relation follow through.
Confuzzled

experienced
experienced

Postby echorec » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:05 am

I think this is the lowest price I've ever seen for a Halophaze. Personally I'd go for something else, but if you've ever wanted to 'rent' one, this is your chance.

https://reverb.com/item/13316206-tonecz ... ce=listing
echorec

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jero » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:55 am

Bartimaeus wrote:sweetwater just did a $70 price drop on the Miku stomp, now it's $130. Only a hair above used prices.

You should grab one of those gakken pocket miku synths too if they are still $30ish (can be hacked, though I haven't fussed with it yet)
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bartimaeus » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:20 pm

echorec wrote:

If it malfunctions in a year or two, Sweetwater will actually service it. If you buy from a liquidator in Japan, you're just stuck with a dead unit.

Korg doesn't service their own products in the US. As someone who's had problems with Korg gear, I would much rather deal with Sweetwater, than deal with the average Korg-authorized repair spot.

When I called Korg's USA offices for support, the Korg rep was an absolute dickhead. In my experience, none of the shop techs were particularly keen about working with Korg either.

Thanks for the headsup! Definitely makes the sweetwater price seem extra good.

Jero wrote:

You should grab one of those gakken pocket miku synths too if they are still $30ish (can be hacked, though I haven't fussed with it yet)

Thanks for the tip, but I've actually had one for years haha. The pocket miku is really fun to use for actual playing, especially if you use a volume pedal to cut off the attack. But I feel like the pedal has some really interesting potential if I can figure out how to take advantage of tracking errors...
Bartimaeus

committed
committed

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:11 am

EGC has one of their T-60 necks up on Reverb.

https://reverb.com/item/13298370-electr ... 5-polished
jirodreamsofdank

committed
committed

Postby echorec » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:02 am

http://www.ebay.com

Pay for your item by 9:00 PM Pacific Time [Midnight EST] on June 29, 2018

echorec

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dugwolf » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:32 am

echorec wrote:http://www.ebay.com

Pay for your item by 9:00 PM Pacific Time [Midnight EST] on June 29, 2018

I haven’t used these eBay discounts yet. I don’t get how they can do it. If their fee is like 10% and they offer a 15% discount how do they make any money?
dugwolf

committed
committed

Postby omarwhite » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:40 am

Today’s deal is 20%
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby echorec » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:34 pm

dugwolf wrote:I haven’t used these eBay discounts yet. I don’t get how they can do it. If their fee is like 10% and they offer a 15% discount how do they make any money?

It doesn't impact the seller's profits, because the sellers aren't discounting the items. The discount comes via eBay. It's just a tax write-off promotion to encourage traffic.

As far as selling on there, it's really more like 12% after eBay/PayPal fees. Whereas Reverb is about 6%. I no longer sell on eBay, but these sales codes definitely help with certain items/sellers. Antique places & pawn shops still use eBay, so it can be a good place for used gear like pedals, drum machines, and odds & ends.
echorec

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jirodreamsofdank » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:29 pm

Ebay's been hurt by other markets (Amazon FBA, Reverb, Facebook Marketplace, etc.), they're using these discounts as a loss leader to try to recoup some users.

I keep missing out on them as a seller - somehow they always pop up when I'm between listing sessions.
jirodreamsofdank

committed
committed

Postby repoman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:19 pm

echorec wrote:
dugwolf wrote:I haven’t used these eBay discounts yet. I don’t get how they can do it. If their fee is like 10% and they offer a 15% discount how do they make any money?

It doesn't impact the seller's profits, because the sellers aren't discounting the items. The discount comes via eBay. It's just a tax write-off promotion to encourage traffic.

As far as selling on there, it's really more like 12% after eBay/PayPal fees. Whereas Reverb is about 6%. I no longer sell on eBay, but these sales codes definitely help with certain items/sellers. Antique places & pawn shops still use eBay, so it can be a good place for used gear like pedals, drum machines, and odds & ends.

Ebay changed their fees for music instruments to match Reverbs fees about a year and a half ago. Dunno if they have lots of shitty hidden fees though.
repoman

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Psyre » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:01 pm

echorec wrote:

I'm still suprised at how many more sales I get via ebay than reverb, even if I increase the price on ebay. Just seems to be way more of a buyer base. The decreased music item fees are noticeable. Ebay's billing system is way less forceful. I've had reverb lock my account if I didn't pay the invoice within 2 days of receiving. Ebay on the other hand is totally lax and gives a clear due date, opposed to reverb's "DUE RaIGHT MEOW" policy.

I think a big reason why items sell quicker on ebay for me is the imposed time limit, I'd like reverb to add 5-10 day limits, even without the auction format.
Psyre

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear