The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Postby Eivind August » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:07 pm

https://reverb.com/item/9251143-effecto ... goda-green

I don't need this, but damn, it just looks so inviting. :drool: Seller has a few other cool pedals as well.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:17 pm

calfzilla wrote:
repoman wrote:Doesn't prymaxe constantly sell shit they don't have and then ignore refund requests? That seems to be the only thing I ever read about that store.

I thought that was RGS... Although ownership has now changed hands. Thought the biggest Prymaxe gripe was your refund period starts from the date of order, not the date of receipt, so pre-orders are a crap shoot.

This thread's worth (re)visiting:

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=27667&p=483128&hilit=prymaxe#p483128
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby gnomethrone » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Oh goddamit I'm reading that thread for the first time and I also have my first ever prymaxe purchase set to be delivered friday. It was a b-stock from their reverb page and such a good deal. Now I'm just picturing it showing up in a paper envelope with no padding and smeared with the blood of honest hard working pedal builders.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I'm on the wrong side of history
good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:00 pm

:hug:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:08 pm

gnomethrone wrote:Oh goddamit I'm reading that thread for the first time and I also have my first ever prymaxe purchase set to be delivered friday. It was a b-stock from their reverb page and such a good deal. Now I'm just picturing it showing up in a paper envelope with no padding and smeared with the blood of honest hard working pedal builders.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
I'm on the wrong side of history

I bought a B-stock Fairfield Barbershop from them a few weeks back. Arrived fast and well-packaged. I didn't pay attention to who the seller was before after I had paid. I only say a fair price and went for it. Dunno if I got lucky or what, but I have no complaints. :p
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:45 pm

calfzilla wrote:
repoman wrote:Doesn't prymaxe constantly sell shit they don't have and then ignore refund requests? That seems to be the only thing I ever read about that store.

I thought that was RGS... Although ownership has now changed hands. Thought the biggest Prymaxe gripe was your refund period starts from the date of order, not the date of receipt, so pre-orders are a crap shoot.

From time-to-time I see complaints about RGS, but it's always 2nd or 3rd hand. I've never seen a negative report directly from a buyer. I must have bought at least 5 pedals from them over the past 3 years and never had any real issues. They were always friendly and helpful on chat/messenger. Once I ordered a V2 Infanem phasor and they sent me a V1. I told them, and they sent the replacement immediately, so I was on the honor system to return the first one. I did....about 10 days later after enjoying dual Infanems for a week+.

As for Prymaxe, they are on the ILF naughty list for not adhering to MAP. They routinely ignore builders' requests to exclude their pedals from sales. This puts a lot of strain on builders' relationships with other dealers. Before reading about these stories, most of my experiences with them were positive.

Prymaxe is like the red light district. Lots of people still visit there, but no one admits it. :lol:
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 am

The elusive Tracer City....

https://reverb.com/item/9673068-snazzy-fx-tracer-city

As a former owner, I like my Prometheus DLX more, but some of the liquid tremolo sounds in the TC can't be duplicated. At $450-600, you have to also consider that you could get two nice filters for that price (Happiness, Warm Star, Protostar, etc.).
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 am

I don't know if you would agree @rec but, I think I can relate to that sentiment. Some pedals, while still very unique, don't have the appeal they once did because imo other companies eventually catch up. Never had a tracer city, it is a beautiful piece of work but at the same time...I now have 3 dedicated filter pedals (one of which is the most excellently thought out Protostar)? If I can't get what I need out of one or a combination of those...I'm kind of pathetic :lol:

The Cv on Happiness should get people to where they need to be. Same with the Protostar.

I feel that way about a lot of 'Wow and Flutter' pedals. In 2010, maybe you had one or two but now you have your pick of the liter. Thoughts?
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:36 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I don't know if you would agree @rec but, I think I can relate to that sentiment. Some pedals, while still very unique, don't have the appeal they once did because imo other companies eventually catch up. Never had a tracer city, it is a beautiful piece of work but at the same time...I now have 3 dedicated filter pedals (one of which is the most excellently thought out Protostar)? If I can't get what I need out of one or a combination of those...I'm kind of pathetic :lol:

The Cv on Happiness should get people to where they need to be. Same with the Protostar.

I feel that way about a lot of 'Wow and Flutter' pedals. In 2010, maybe you had one or two but now you have your pick of the liter. Thoughts?

IMO its tough to justify any pedal that takes an oddball power supply like 12VDC or any variety of AC if there are similar devices on the market with more standard power requirements. IIRC the Snazzy pedals are all 9VAC right?
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:40 pm

^^^That's becoming a big thing for me too lately. Good point whoismarykelly. My Snazzy Divine Hammer takes standard 9DC, not sure about the others. I never had one of his larger pedals.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:10 pm

NVM those big boxes are 9VDC. They have a big power module inside to give the +/- 15V rails those circuits need.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Olin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 pm

https://reverb.com/item/9691771-electrical-guitar-company-series-one-2012-484

Depression is making purchases like this seem much more reasonable. The temptations are strong.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm

Goddamn, that is fucking sweet as shit.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 pm

$harkToootth wrote:I don't know if you would agree @rec but, I think I can relate to that sentiment. Some pedals, while still very unique, don't have the appeal they once did because imo other companies eventually catch up. Never had a tracer city, it is a beautiful piece of work but at the same time...I now have 3 dedicated filter pedals (one of which is the most excellently thought out Protostar)? If I can't get what I need out of one or a combination of those...I'm kind of pathetic :lol:

In short? Yeah, a lot of stuff that seemed audacious and groundbreaking has been eclipsed. I could name several examples of things that briefly crystallized that sentiment of "this is the future" or "this is the current standard." (Lovetone, Zvex, Yamaha Tenori-On jump out to me) Yet they've all been surpassed or replicated to an extent.

Of course there are still those odd items that never really were surpassed, they just faded into the background. They came out at the wrong time or were too difficult to obtain, and therefore disappeared, before anyone could dethrone or attempt to mirror them. (EMS Polysynthi, EMS Synthi Hi-Fli, Hartmann Neuron, Yamaha CS-80)

---

I bought and sold a Tracer City in 2012. I think I owned it for about 6 months. There were definitely unique sounds inside, but I found myself using it exclusively as a tremolo for the Drone Commander. If I'm remembering it correctly, several pots only brought about modest changes when I paired it with string synths. That was a bit frustrating to have 16 pots and to only really use about 2 of them. I would adjust an LFO rate & depth, then flip one of the toggles up and down to go back and forth between 2 variations on this tremolo-like liquid stutter. I loved that sound, but I feel like other pedals were just much more practical (affordability, layout, ease of use, range of sounds). I'll pay $200 for something that does one thing, but nails that one application (VB-2W, Supermoon Chrome, and so forth). ---But having a $400 filter/tremolo seemed pretty silly, considering how narrow my chosen application of it was.

Most of my unicorn pedals have produced similar results---Lovetone Wobulator, vintage EHX Polyphase, Studio Electronics Modmax series, etc. When I see people trying to get $500 for Wobulators, I just have to laugh. Now you can get a dual-trem for just over $200 with CV (Tremotron, Twin Stags). They're smaller and more reliable, therefore more travel-worthy. The Polyphase was really kind of boring to me. I'd much rather have the reissue, which I think is more eclectic and useful. The Modmax units have so many pots, but with no preset storage, you're going to have a nightmare of a time retracing your steps. Glou-Glou is kind of like the new Modmax. There's so much there, but they're so expensive and with no user recall, it's hard for me to think I'd really enjoy having one.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 pm

@Mr. rec - Thank you, as always, for the thought out and detailed response my friend! :hug:
Olin wrote:https://reverb.com/item/9691771-electrical-guitar-company-series-one-2012-484

Depression is making purchases like this seem much more reasonable. The temptations are strong.

Bruh...I literally never say this on this forum...don't do it :lol:
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear