The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: The headsup sweet shit on ebay thread....

Postby jrfox92 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:13 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:for instance I had a dude buy my reverberation machine and he sent a letter back saying it was too noisy....so I explained its dba, thats the way it is...and he said ''well il just send it to them for repair.'' :wha?:

I've seen some idiots when it comes to DBA stuff.
There was one dude who did a "repair" on a Soundwave Breakdown by turning all the transistors backwards because "somebody put them in wrong". :whateva:
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:47 am

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=22138&start=9600#p1233440

⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀⋀

I feel like I've seen this same exactly configured post in another thread. :idk:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby chrisdermo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:24 am

chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:10 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:https://reverb.com/item/6061788-hexe-revolver-ii
when will the madness end! ...dude had it at 400.... it is now 500.... since everyone seems to set a limit on best offers I feel im obligated to send a message of complaint to them in order for the unit to be affordable to loving arms. :lol:
but not this guy since he's reason has been made clear in description "with an upcoming wedding to pay for"
does "im getting married/vet bills/deaths/car troubles/babys/collapsing house" actually weigh a potential buyers finger down to clicking the purchase button?
gives me the feel of trading cards, "but this poontang pokemon has holographic background art, which triples the price obviously...did I mention its rare..oh and my sisters artificial lung is on the fritz and those doc bills are gargantuan.."

At face value $500 seems like a lot but a new Revolver DX (which doesn't do all the same stuff as the II did) takes about 8-10 months to get and costs ~$450 delivered. When I got my II new it was also about that much. They're extremely expensive pedals in very short supply and people will consistently pay over $400 for one. Jumping your price around a lot on Reverb is annoying but a $50 upcharge to avoid the wait isn't all that bad. What is 8-10 months worth to you?

Mine didn't take that long at all. It took like 3 months. I paid over 500 but I also got the vario. Damn it I miss that pedals. :( LOL. I personally would much rather wait 6-8 months if it turned out to be that than take this at this price point. That's just me though.

I also sold mine for what I paid, so, maybe I'm an idiot. haha
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby dminner » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:17 pm

*edit - found someone who is helping
Last edited by dminner on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dminner

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:32 pm

I've pm'd you pal!
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby echorec » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:49 pm

echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:47 pm

jwar wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:https://reverb.com/item/6061788-hexe-revolver-ii
when will the madness end! ...dude had it at 400.... it is now 500.... since everyone seems to set a limit on best offers I feel im obligated to send a message of complaint to them in order for the unit to be affordable to loving arms. :lol:
but not this guy since he's reason has been made clear in description "with an upcoming wedding to pay for"
does "im getting married/vet bills/deaths/car troubles/babys/collapsing house" actually weigh a potential buyers finger down to clicking the purchase button?
gives me the feel of trading cards, "but this poontang pokemon has holographic background art, which triples the price obviously...did I mention its rare..oh and my sisters artificial lung is on the fritz and those doc bills are gargantuan.."

At face value $500 seems like a lot but a new Revolver DX (which doesn't do all the same stuff as the II did) takes about 8-10 months to get and costs ~$450 delivered. When I got my II new it was also about that much. They're extremely expensive pedals in very short supply and people will consistently pay over $400 for one. Jumping your price around a lot on Reverb is annoying but a $50 upcharge to avoid the wait isn't all that bad. What is 8-10 months worth to you?

Mine didn't take that long at all. It took like 3 months. I paid over 500 but I also got the vario. Damn it I miss that pedals. :( LOL. I personally would much rather wait 6-8 months if it turned out to be that than take this at this price point. That's just me though.

I also sold mine for what I paid, so, maybe I'm an idiot. haha

Just checked and the DX I received last month was an 8 month wait. Perhaps the backlog ebbs and flows.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm

2-3 month wait here too. I guess you can get lucky timing-wise. Sometimes he has more time to build, sometimes people who have preordered get cold feet or unexpected financial issues.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:05 pm

I just got on the waiting list for a dx about a month ago and he said it would be about 7-8 months.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

Postby echorec » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:24 pm

PCA has a bunch of stuff on closeout.

https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/on- ... -373856961
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:16 pm

echorec wrote:PCA has a bunch of stuff on closeout.

HOLY FUCK GUYS! You can finally get a Fairlight CMI for $180 off. What a fucking steal!
https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/cat ... egory/162/
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby echorec » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:25 pm

$harkToootth wrote:
echorec wrote:PCA has a bunch of stuff on closeout.

HOLY FUCK GUYS! You can finally get a Fairlight CMI for $180 off. What a fucking steal!
https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/cat ... egory/162/

Heh. Their discounts are generated by software. They don't actually manually discount that stuff, which is why you see funny discounts like that----or .15 cents off patch cables or -$38 on a pedal one week and -$6 on the same pedal the next week.

On a Fairlight note, though. I was at an engineer's shop (he's about 80) the other day hanging out and he told me he used to own a Fairlight. He's the only person I've ever met who's even seen one in-person, let alone played/owned one. He also used to work for Panasonic and always has funny stories about the shortcomings of mankind and the territorial wars over proprietary technology.
echorec

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Perfect Circuit is awesome. I just had to call attention to that cause I had convulsions from laughing when I saw that. I watched a demo for it today incidentally. The Synthmania guy has one...since we're so candid here...I lost interest within a few minutes and went back to his Juno-60 Italo Disco demos.
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear