carbon copy

Moderator: Ghost Hip

carbon copy

Postby darryl2113 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:37 pm

So last week this band asked me to fill in for their keyboard player who double booked himself for last night. I agreed after being told that the parts weren't anything real major, "one handers" and such. I only got to practice with them once a couple days before the show. I knew there was no way I was going to remember everything. With a guitar, you don't even have to tell me what you are playing, I can figure it out in seconds.(I don't really even need a tuner unless I need to get scientificly pitch perfect.) But when it comes to keyboards it's a different story.....all the keys look the same.

Now, I can mess around in Reason (and have) all day long, I have no problems working with sequencers, just actual playing. So, at work I decide that I am gonna buy one of those MXR CC's to give me something to do while fucking up these keyboard lines. I was a little if-y about it, seeing as I already own 2 tape echos, a DMM, an AD9, and a MOEN Pretty Dolly Delay....but had none of them with me and had to go straight from work to the venue. We had just gotten 3 carbon copies in after being out of stock for a week and a half...it only took 4 hours for us to sell 2! So I had to pull the trigger and get it before anyone else could.

Anyways, long story short, my keyboard playing ended up about 50/50 as far as playing the right thing at the right time (mostly because I couldn't hear myself at all!), but the carbon copy definitely worked out great. Even though I couldn't hear myself, I would pull the old "oscilation ufo meltdown" with her and boy could I hear that screaming insanity overloading the mains!! I thought I hurt the PA at one point, but the sound guy came up to me later and said he dug what I was doing.

Very long story conveying a very simple message, MXR Carbon Copy.........you are a class act :thumb:
darryl2113

committed
committed

Re: carbon copy

Postby LowWoods » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:58 pm

MXR CC gets a lot of love! Some people complain about a signal loss with it's bypass. I've never owned an mxr so :idk:
http://www.soundclick.com/lowwoods

myspace.com/lowwoods

"My theory is that music is good, it's the only religion that delivers the goods. And anybody who wants to hear any kind of music is entitled to hear that music because it's good for you – it makes you feel good. If you like it, go for it. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean anything – it's a matter of personal taste."

-Frank Zappa
LowWoods

committed
committed

Return to General Gear