Billy Corgan Strat+Interview

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Billy Corgan Strat+Interview

Postby Soul Power » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:25 pm

When I first saw this guitar it didn't really scream to me that this is Billy's guitar from The Smashing Pumpkins. Anybody could just stick rail dimarzio single coils into their start if that's the sound they're going for. A signature guitar that doesn't sound like the guitarist it's meant to be made for seems to be missing the point/miss leading to me or am I just being silly about this?
Soul Power

involved
involved

Postby Ghost Hip » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:28 pm

I remember seeing that in the previews to Batman. I wasn't really familiar with that song but then I heard Billy's voice and partially proved my girlfriends hypothesis that most of the time people go to see movies because of the actors.... but I'm going because of the song they played in the previews.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Pirate » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:36 pm

Yay cool song and cool movie based an awesome comic,BOOSH!
Pirate

committed
committed

Postby darryl2113 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:49 am

a little off topic, but that comment about "sig guitars not sounding like the artist" made me think of the Mascis JM and how everything I played on it sounded like a Dino song, even if I played a ZZ Top song it sounded like Dino covering a ZZ song. I guess its just the brightness of the pups,I liked it either way.Its the only thing at my store that I am thinking about buying, we have those mexi Jags and JM's, I like the look of them better, but boy can you till which guitar was made in Japan and which one was made in mexico when you actually play them.(Mascis JM wins)
darryl2113

committed
committed

Previous

Return to General Gear