Let's see your DRUMS!



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby truckthunders » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:32 pm

I switch between 3 kits:
Birch PDP kit that consistently gets me compliments from jaded sound guys in 22/16/12:
Image

70s yellow Ludwig Vistalite kit (with same kick drum head that I painted myself, part of the band logo) in 22/18/13. Wish it were in color but it wasn't my choice:
Image

And my favorite, a gold sparkle 60s Ludwig kit that despite gigging with for 2 years I don't have a good picture of, but here's an idea. It's in 22/12/16:
Image
truckthunders

uncommitted
uncommitted
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby Zounds Perspex » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:26 pm

cool kits, dude! nice Ks...
Maybe partying will help.
Zounds Perspex

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1617
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby Gozu » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:39 pm

not mine but my drummers:
Image
Darwin

behndy wrote:PUT YOUR PUSSY ON THE BOARD RIGHT FUCKING NOW SO DADDY CAN TREAT IT RIGHT YOU MOCHA GODDESS.


listen to my band... www.facebook.com/its.pronounced.wall
Gozu

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 833
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby snipelfritz » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:23 am

truckthunders wrote:Image

Nice kit, I love minimal toms, more room for more cymbals! But I really have to ask, why is there a glory hole in your practice space? :eek:

;)
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11720
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:28 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby BlindtoFaith » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:50 pm

snipelfritz wrote:
truckthunders wrote:Image

Nice kit, I love minimal toms, more room for more cymbals! But I really have to ask, why is there a glory hole in your practice space? :eek:

;)


Why not?
BlindtoFaith

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2174
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:57 pm

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby Moustache_Bash » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Image
This is a difficult instrument.
Moustache_Bash

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:03 pm
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby Grrface » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:39 pm

Moustache_Bash wrote:Image
This is a difficult instrument.


I think you misunderstood. That is a kick drum, not your washing machine. Nice looking kit, though!
Grrface

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby foomanfat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:53 pm

Getting my first kit Saturday.
Anyone have any advice for dampening volume levels, so I can practice without pissing people off?
Image
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5739
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:01 pm

foomanfat wrote:Getting my first kit Saturday.
Anyone have any advice for dampening volume levels, so I can practice without pissing people off?


Yeah, get a set of those rubber drum mute pad things to put on top of everything to dampen/muffle the sound.
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 33328
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby The4455 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:41 am

Chankgeez wrote:
foomanfat wrote:Getting my first kit Saturday.
Anyone have any advice for dampening volume levels, so I can practice without pissing people off?


Yeah, get a set of those rubber drum mute pad things to put on top of everything to dampen/muffle the sound.


True, also regular sound proofing will help as well. Also my neighbors can hear my band play, and when I practice drums alone, and they actually enjoy it, so you may be pleasantly surprised.
"The future is the past not yet written!"
The4455

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:54 pm
Location: Chicago, Ill

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby foomanfat » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:01 pm

The4455 wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:
foomanfat wrote:Getting my first kit Saturday.
Anyone have any advice for dampening volume levels, so I can practice without pissing people off?


Yeah, get a set of those rubber drum mute pad things to put on top of everything to dampen/muffle the sound.


True, also regular sound proofing will help as well. Also my neighbors can hear my band play, and when I practice drums alone, and they actually enjoy it, so you may be pleasantly surprised.


Word. I'm more worried about my parents (yes, 22 and live at home) than my neighbors.

Also, planning on picking up some Dream Bliss 14" hats to round out my set.
Image
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5739
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby The4455 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:08 pm

Dream cymbals are pretty rad, I trued some the other day, and they had quite the unique sound. About your parents though, well (I'm 16) my parents really support me and like it when I play. Also whenever I'm home alone, I drum like :animal: .
"The future is the past not yet written!"
The4455

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2439
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:54 pm
Location: Chicago, Ill

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby foomanfat » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:07 pm

Sonor Force 2005s
Image

And I'll be getting the Dream Bliss 14" hats shortly.
Image
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5739
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby dorfmeister » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:20 am

New additions to my kit.

You know, its funny, but I always thought I wanted huge cymbals but I am finding that I am going smaller and smaller .......new 16" SR2 crash with meinl jingle ring. I just won an 18" Sabian Prototype Crash ride on e-bay. I want to see if I can get along with a kit that uses an 18" ride as the largest cymbal.

Image
dorfmeister

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby dorfmeister » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 am

foomanfat wrote:Sonor Force 2005s
Image

And I'll be getting the Dream Bliss 14" hats shortly.


I've got Dream Energy 14" hats. Like them a lot.
dorfmeister

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Gone Fission, Jero, morange, The Eristic and 7 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.