Let's see your DRUMS!

Moderators: PumpkinPieces, metalmariachi

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:19 am

Those are fun, but will not satisfy in the same way...not really a drum kit, and don't sound like one. Just go in knowing it won't really help you to learn drums (if that's the objective).
Progress is not possible without deviation from the norm.
Eivind August wrote:Relativism is the death of discourse. Equality is a social construct. Capitalist economy is key to governing the plebeian masses. Cats are awesome.

ck3 wrote:It's all fun and games until someone develops deep vein thrombosis.

hot deals: resin, fldrvr, PlasticPeople, colenboozey, multi_s, hatshirt, Tristan, LG, tuj, durwin, cpoppell
Invisible Man

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Invisible Man wrote:Those are fun, but will not satisfy in the same way...not really a drum kit, and don't sound like one. Just go in knowing it won't really help you to learn drums (if that's the objective).

i don't really want to learn how to play drums. i just want to record beats to music. i REALLY don't want to sit down and program something like a drum mchine
I etch pedals and stuff
http://www.droppingacidpedaletching.com
"hey this ... ooh that...boner this, cumstain that" -silikon
"I don't trust the condition from a guy who thinks the tubes are bad in a solid state amp" -Drodriguez
"ct5->step on it->wow
856->step on it->wut->sleep on it->wowza" -multi_s
JonnyAngle

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:44 pm

Then that'd be a good buy!
Eivind August wrote:Relativism is the death of discourse. Equality is a social construct. Capitalist economy is key to governing the plebeian masses. Cats are awesome.

hot deals: resin, fldrvr, PlasticPeople, colenboozey, multi_s, hatshirt, Tristan, LG, tuj, durwin, cpoppell
Invisible Man

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby HAVN » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:55 pm

I picked up an old 28" Slingerland marching bass. It's from the 70s and still had the original Slingerland-branded heads, wrapped in stainless steel, with a badge saying the drum was made just outside Chicago in Niles, Illinois. Boom-y as all hell. It did not include the harness but all of the hardware was still present. I'm going to leave it as a reminder of its heritage.

I stripped off the wrap as I did with my kit and unintentionally took off some of the veneer, even though I went slow and applied heat. I took a risk and used a belt sander to remove all of the top ply, then stained espresso like the rest of my old kit. The match is spot on.

The hoops are wood and had a stainless steel strip of the same wrap that was on the shell. I took that off and sanded both. They're going to get glossy black paint as they were pretty badly chipped. I may also paint a white strip. The shell got satin polyurethane. It's all still drying.

Will post a picture just a soon as I have the kit back together. I feel a little silly having just purchased new heads for my 22" kick as new heads for this will cost $100+. I may sell the 22" now as I just can't think of any scenario where I would prefer that over 28" -- thing sounds like a thunderstorm. :!!!:
"I think of your amp as a plodding beast, maybe like a 90 foot sabre toothed slug."
HAVN

committed
committed

Postby Invisible Man » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:38 am

Yeah pricing out 28s is no joke. Don't know how much boom you want, but I liked a super kick II on mine to keep it sorta under control. It could blow out a mix (not in a fun doomy way) real fast without some muffling.

Invisible Man

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby worra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:40 am

My kit is still in cases but these ARE my cymbals! L to R: 14" K custom dark hihat, 17" K medium thin dark crash, 20" K custom dark ride, 19" K thin dark crash, 20" K custom left side ride.

worra

involved
involved

Previous

Return to General Gear