· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:04 am

my drummer has this killer set of 70's clear acrylic FIBES. they sound awesome!

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:46 am

Mmmmm love me some clear acrylic drums. :thumb:

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:32 am

Ancient Astronaught wrote:So classy /\

So classy in fact that i'd feel required to wear a suit while playing that. :drool:

Aye she's a looker :bear:

Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:16 pm

voerking wrote:my drummer has this killer set of 70's clear acrylic FIBES. they sound awesome!

dude are you guys playing in a cave? why is that wall so cool looking haha

Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:40 pm

More great kits. Keep them coming, please!

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:37 pm

ChetMagongalo wrote:dude are you guys playing in a cave? why is that wall so cool looking haha

it's the basement wall of my drummer's house. it's only slightly less cave-like in person.

Tue May 05, 2015 12:54 pm

my first kit pics :lol:

Tue May 12, 2015 11:59 pm

Sparkle Schwing.

Tue May 26, 2015 7:11 pm

whiskey_face wrote:my first kit pics :lol:

That's awesome! I love simple kits like that.

Tue May 26, 2015 7:14 pm

zrobb3 wrote:Image

That's a super cool set! Love it.

Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:49 am

One of mah babies. Old Ludwig Club Date kit from '65, I have an old Super Classic kit from '66 as well, that one thumps like no other.

Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:13 pm

Christ this is a wonderful thread. Digging floor tom to left of snare. That's some proper shit. Thud thud thud

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:21 pm

Been jammin a tom-less setup lately. I feel kinda silly for buying a full shell kit now :lol:

Excuse for a custom bass and snare. Thats what I heard

Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:32 am

truth.hz wrote:Image

One of mah babies. Old Ludwig Club Date kit from '65, I have an old Super Classic kit from '66 as well, that one thumps like no other.

I do house painting and love working on old houses with base board and trim like that. Everything looks pretty good in there. Do you rent or own?

Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:53 am

Faldoe wrote:I do house painting and love working on old houses with base board and trim like that. Everything looks pretty good in there. Do you rent or own?

That was the old place I rented. Old turn of the century Victorian close-in SE Portland. It had only been partially restored, but the trim and woodwork was super cool. The floors were beautiful. The walls were kinda thin, and the whole place was poorly insulated, so it got hella cold in the winter.

I had about a week left after I moved out, so I got one of my bands in there for a few days to record. Pretty fun, pissed off the neighbors(they deserved it). The living room and dining room were joined through that archway, so we set the drums up under the arch, and did room mics in both rooms, sounded cool.

Sometimes old houses just have little "magic" spots where the acoustics are awesome. The place I lived before that one had this multi section staircase, that opened up to the second story with vaulted ceilings. You could stand in this one spot and get the -perfect- reverb-y vocal sounds. it was scary good.
Post a reply