Let's see your DRUMS!



Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby dorfmeister » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:25 am

My rig at present.

Image

The old Ludwig Standards I need to recondition.

Image
dorfmeister

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2066
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Muse FTW » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:46 am

Image

An old picture of mine from about two years ago. Now I'm running more Meinls.
Muse FTW

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1359
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Ghost Hip » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:34 am

Although I don't have my own drums, I am playing drums on a few songs in my new project. My buddy has a Ludwig kit. We slimmed it down to a Ride, Kick, Snare, and a Hi-hat with a crash as the top cymbal. It's extremely refreshing to play on and as a photographer I love that it doesn't obstruct the view of the drummer. Here's a pretty terrible camera phone shot of it and our rather symmetrical practice space from over the summer.
Attachments
IMG_0114.jpg
mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

User avatar
moderator
moderator
 
Posts: 6882
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:11 am
Location: The Great Lakes

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Fuzz_Pi » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:07 pm

This thread should have been made a long time ago.

My brother has a '59 Gretech set that I'll post pics of later.
Fuzz_Pi

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1535
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:28 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Schlatte » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Yaaay! :joy: Finally a Drums thread! :yay:
sooo... I'll just go ahead and post the hell out of it:
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Custom red acrylic set w/ led system
+
custom OCDP vented snare 14x06"
:thumb:
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Pedals!
Achtane wrote:I like my urination technique like I like my components, through-hole.

Image
Schlatte

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:27 pm
Location: Austria

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Schlatte wrote:custom OCDP vented snare 14x06" :thumb:


Did you order that snare directly from ocdp? Because i had that exact same snare, GC sold them before the foreign made ocdp's were made, they ordered a bunch of those snares from OCDP and sold them at GC at a mark up. I swapped all the hardware on mine for all black, they are wicked snares and loud as hell, perfect to match your acrylic kit!
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm
Location: Bear Country

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Achtane » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Schlatte wrote:Yaaay! :joy: Finally a Drums thread! :yay:
sooo... I'll just go ahead and post the hell out of it:

Image

Custom red acrylic set w/ led system
+
custom OCDP vented snare 14x06"
:thumb:


I don't know anything about drums, but this is awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:Und jetzt lass uns ein paar Bäume abfackeln und Beats machen!

Image
Achtane

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 12997
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 am
Location: under the manchineel

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Schlatte » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:48 pm

Achtane wrote:I don't know anything about drums, but this is awesome.


Thanks, appreciate it. I have worked 4 summer holidays and part time to fund the drumset... It's good to get nice feedback :hug:

Ancient Astronaught wrote:
Schlatte wrote:custom OCDP vented snare 14x06" :thumb:


Did you order that snare directly from ocdp? Because i had that exact same snare, GC sold them before the foreign made ocdp's were made, they ordered a bunch of those snares from OCDP and sold them at GC at a mark up. I swapped all the hardware on mine for all black, they are wicked snares and loud as hell, perfect to match your acrylic kit!


You got it :D the base is such a "GC" type snare, but it's thinner and has a 60° bearing edge on the batter side and 30° on the resonant side. it's a modded custom shop gc snare- if you want to call it so. :thumb: but it IS loud as hell and fits perfectly in the sound scheme of the set. But I might actually pick up some other snare wires... idk if it would sound better with a smaller or bigger snare thing (idk how it's called in english :facepalm: ).
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Pedals!
Achtane wrote:I like my urination technique like I like my components, through-hole.

Image
Schlatte

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:27 pm
Location: Austria

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Schlatte wrote:You got it :D the base is such a "GC" type snare, but it's thinner and has a 60° bearing edge on the batter side and 30° on the resonant side. it's a modded custom shop gc snare- if you want to call it so. :thumb: but it IS loud as hell and fits perfectly in the sound scheme of the set. But I might actually pick up some other snare wires... idk if it would sound better with a smaller or bigger snare thing (idk how it's called in english :facepalm: ).


that's awesome man i love'd mine but i started playing in a grind core band and needed something with more pop so i switched to the 10x6, i did use that snare to record a full album though along with my custom ocdp kit (22x24 kick [yup 24" deep!] 10x6 shallow rack tom and 16x16 floortom all in green glass glitter) and it sounded amazing! I found that the 40 strand snare wires worked best with that snare really helped with cut and range of playability, due to the vented construction if you have a thinner wire set on the bottom if sounded more like a tom if played quietly, with the 40 strands the snare came alive and was playable at all volumes wonderfully.
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm
Location: Bear Country

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Schlatte » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:06 pm

cool, thanks for the info! I will pick up 40 strand snare wires and see how they sound :thumb:
I use a 10x5.5" steel snare as a sidesnare (see first 2 pics). Smaller snares just sound so much better for metal! They also offer quite a bit more rebound for fast blast beats. How did you play grindcore with a 24" deep kick drum? I mean, mine is 24x21" and requires pretty hard footwork to deliver a solid punch. With fast doublebass patterns in most grindcore songs I think it's quite hard to nail down a solid punching line with a 24" deep kick (except maybe with triggers)!? :eek:
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Pedals!
Achtane wrote:I like my urination technique like I like my components, through-hole.

Image
Schlatte

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:27 pm
Location: Austria

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:52 pm

Schlatte wrote:cool, thanks for the info! I will pick up 40 strand snare wires and see how they sound :thumb:
I use a 10x5.5" steel snare as a sidesnare (see first 2 pics). Smaller snares just sound so much better for metal! They also offer quite a bit more rebound for fast blast beats. How did you play grindcore with a 24" deep kick drum? I mean, mine is 24x21" and requires pretty hard footwork to deliver a solid punch. With fast doublebass patterns in most grindcore songs I think it's quite hard to nail down a solid punching line with a 24" deep kick (except maybe with triggers)!? :eek:


wooden beaters, experience hitting as hard as i can playing for a doom band that used 4 full stacks, legs that can leg press a ridiculous amount, and it helps that i'm 6'4" the extra long legs help with momentum....... i also only used that kick for recording and if recorded correctly it doesnt matter how hard you hit it, use a batter mic a reso mic and a sub kick and a shit ton of compression....... i'm anti triggers for metal drums, i didnt spend over 3 grand on a kit just to replace the tone with a sample..... i use triggers in electronic music so i can run them through effects loops and do crazy stuf with them ;) ... if you wanna hear how it turned out check out heavyhound.com scroll down to the Palkoski - Random Antagonist Complex album release post and check out some of the music on there, heres hot links
http://www.heavyhound.com/HH004/21_Palkoski_AnOfferingatthePorcelainAlter.wav
http://www.heavyhound.com/HH004/05_Palkoski_Page813.wav
http://www.heavyhound.com/HH004/10_Palkoski_EasyExplanationsNotAlwaysSoEasy.wav
I recorded the album last year with a really really shitty setup but i think it turned out pretty good..... i did all the engineering except mastering and played the drums on the album....
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm
Location: Bear Country

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Schlatte » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Ancient Astronaught wrote: i'm anti triggers for metal drums, i didnt spend over 3 grand on a kit just to replace the tone with a sample..... i use triggers in electronic music so i can run them through effects loops and do crazy stuf with them ;)

New best Friend? :thumb:
I always facepalmed when someone got an acoustic set just to put triggers on it... JUST GET AN E-SET ALREADY!! :mad:
If you can't get a good sound out of your set learn to tune/put some moongel on if necessary and hit properly.

I'll check out your songs, thanks for the links! :hug:
Well positioned mics+giant amounts of compression= good sound :thumb:
If you would've played that thing live, I would've loved to see you blast the shit out of it :lol:
Good Deals with: All these fine people!

MOM-D Pedals!
Achtane wrote:I like my urination technique like I like my components, through-hole.

Image
Schlatte

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:27 pm
Location: Austria

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:12 pm

well there's plenty of vids of me playing live with that band just not with that kit but i wont pollute this thread any more, just search youtube for palkoski and look for the vids with me playing (i use the all black 4 piece kit with black hardware not the new drummer with the 8 piece kit) they should be the older vids.....

fyi the drums on those tracks i posted were recorded as a single stereo track not individual ;) i premixed the kit on a mixer and recorded the main out into the computer since at the time all we had was a cheap 80$ behringer 2 channel 1/4 input recording interface, the whole album was recorded with it.... we have a new album coming out in a month or two that was completely single tracked i'll post links when available (it's out for mastering right now)
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm
Location: Bear Country

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Zounds Perspex » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:14 pm

cool drums, everyone! here are mine.

Image
My kit - frontview by Zounds Perspex, on Flickr

Image
My kit - birdseye by Zounds Perspex, on Flickr

Image
Keystone Acrolite and Krupa Sound King COB by Zounds Perspex, on Flickr
Maybe partying will help.
Zounds Perspex

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1555
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Re: LET'S SEE YOUR DRUMS!

Postby Ancient Astronaught » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:20 pm

Zounds Perspex wrote:cool drums, everyone! here are mine.

Image
My kit - frontview by Zounds Perspex, on Flickr

Image
My kit - birdseye by Zounds Perspex, on Flickr

Image
Keystone Acrolite and Krupa Sound King COB by Zounds Perspex, on Flickr


:eek: ..... :drool:
Iommic Pope wrote:Skip, you rule. You hate people so much, you're willing to discredit all human progress, its awesome.
Ancient Astronaught

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 7203
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm
Location: Bear Country

Next

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: codetocontra and 12 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.