Let's see your DRUMS!

Moderators: PumpkinPieces, metalmariachi

Re: Let's see your DRUMS!

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:19 am

Those are fun, but will not satisfy in the same way...not really a drum kit, and don't sound like one. Just go in knowing it won't really help you to learn drums (if that's the objective).
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Invisible Man

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JonnyAngle » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Invisible Man wrote:Those are fun, but will not satisfy in the same way...not really a drum kit, and don't sound like one. Just go in knowing it won't really help you to learn drums (if that's the objective).

i don't really want to learn how to play drums. i just want to record beats to music. i REALLY don't want to sit down and program something like a drum mchine
JonnyAngle

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Invisible Man » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:44 pm

Then that'd be a good buy!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Invisible Man

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby HAVN » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:55 pm

I picked up an old 28" Slingerland marching bass. It's from the 70s and still had the original Slingerland-branded heads, wrapped in stainless steel, with a badge saying the drum was made just outside Chicago in Niles, Illinois. Boom-y as all hell. It did not include the harness but all of the hardware was still present. I'm going to leave it as a reminder of its heritage.

I stripped off the wrap as I did with my kit and unintentionally took off some of the veneer, even though I went slow and applied heat. I took a risk and used a belt sander to remove all of the top ply, then stained espresso like the rest of my old kit. The match is spot on.

The hoops are wood and had a stainless steel strip of the same wrap that was on the shell. I took that off and sanded both. They're going to get glossy black paint as they were pretty badly chipped. I may also paint a white strip. The shell got satin polyurethane. It's all still drying.

Will post a picture just a soon as I have the kit back together. I feel a little silly having just purchased new heads for my 22" kick as new heads for this will cost $100+. I may sell the 22" now as I just can't think of any scenario where I would prefer that over 28" -- thing sounds like a thunderstorm. :!!!:
"I think of your amp as a plodding beast, maybe like a 90 foot sabre toothed slug."
HAVN

committed
committed

Postby Invisible Man » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:38 am

Yeah pricing out 28s is no joke. Don't know how much boom you want, but I liked a super kick II on mine to keep it sorta under control. It could blow out a mix (not in a fun doomy way) real fast without some muffling.
Invisible Man

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby worra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:40 am

My kit is still in cases but these ARE my cymbals! L to R: 14" K custom dark hihat, 17" K medium thin dark crash, 20" K custom dark ride, 19" K thin dark crash, 20" K custom left side ride.

https://www.instagram.com/dddamons/

YouTube demos and such

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to General Gear