AC100CPH and boost pedals

Moderator: Ghost Hip

AC100CPH and boost pedals

Postby Akbarmofo » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:41 pm

I recently purchased a Vox AC100CPH and play in this band, where there is a need for each of the two lead guitar players to have boost capabilities but the amp makes my former (Over the top boost) and all other pedals I have tried completely useless. The tone of the amp is amazing, I couldn't lose it and start using a distortion pedal. I am going to try my co-workers boost pedal that you made, do you have any reccomendations with this equipment, I would hate to blow off the front part of my amp with a 35 decibel kick to its head. Though I need to figure something out.

Who's got something para me?
spanks
Akbarmofo

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: AC100CPH and boost pedals

Postby starcastic » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:49 pm

I play through an old Sunn Concert Lead that was made in the 70's. I usually crank this thing until it's super overdriven on a regular basis. Once as an experiment I plugged in all of my boosts (MXR Micro Amp, Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster, Effector 13 AR 25, and Effector 13 AR 05) and fired them all off to see what would happen...

A lot of unusable feedback. Amp still works perfectly fine. In fact, I use all of these pedals on a regular basis. Just one at a time.

If you're still weary about boosts- my advice to you is to start at the lowest setting and slowly crank the knob until you've reached your desired effect. I'm almost positive your amp will be fine. Vox does nice work.
starcastic

experienced
experienced

Postby metalmariachi » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:00 am

Are you talking about boosting the top boost side (channel 1) or the high gain side?

If I understand your posting, you’re looking for a clean boost to keep the Vox jangle without coloring any thing. I’d suggest the 0525. You should be able to dial in just the amount you want without pushing the front end into distortion..

Keith
金属マリアッチ
MARIATCHIMETARU

"First we have to make you pretty"
metalmariachi

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Akbarmofo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:07 pm

actually i am trying to get straight decibel boost on the hi-gain side. i tried pinning a volume pedal 3/4 down and just leaning on it when needed but that destroyed what i would dub my rythmic tone. all of the boost and overdrive pedals i have tried do not even register a slight change in the volume. the amp runs them over.

anyone?
on the positive i now have a bad ass over the top boost (vox cooltron) to sell or trade for my possible solution.
Akbarmofo

uncommitted
uncommitted

Return to General Gear