What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby resincum » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:17 pm

after a year of contemplation I finally got a Boog :evil: I was in pure bliss listening to it run through a particle and space. started recording horror sound tracks immediately haha. now I need some more LFOs. can't wait for the PRO ONE to come out.
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dungus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:03 pm

Jut remembered I have a Zoom Sampletrak that's been in my closet for... 20 years?! Jeezo
Anyway, they are awesome. Used it as my bands backing tracks/samples/rhythm section for years, many shows and recordings. Enjoy!

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby K2000 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:10 pm

ck3 wrote:That sampler looks nifty. I have a slightly-discounted TC Electronic Eyemaster inbound, which will be included in a super chainsaw A/B/C comparison with a Walrus Audio Red and Earthbound Audio Throat Locust. \M/y ears will probably never forgive \m/e.

Oh cool... please share your findings.
K2000

Supporter
Supporter

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:15 am

Got a whirlwind phaser in. It comes in a black velvet drawstring bag like a sex toy
MechaGodzilla

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Deltaphoenix » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:45 am

I went off the deep end awhile back:
https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipNhtYPhsX3XTexTMXO5fWoQkinbRNo8ogvqlQVX

2001 Alembic Series 1, it has the filter-based preamps, individual output per pickup. I have never liked Burl tops but damn, loving this one.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby frodog » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:20 am

Dungus wrote:Jut remembered I have a Zoom Sampletrak that's been in my closet for... 20 years?! Jeezo
Anyway, they are awesome. Used it as my bands backing tracks/samples/rhythm section for years, many shows and recordings. Enjoy!

Ha! That's funny, the guy I bought it from said he'd gotten it from someone who kept it in a closet for 20 years.

I took it to rehearsal this weekend, and since the drummer wasn't there we used it to loop drums and such. Managed to trip over the power cable (drunk), Zoom fell on my pedalboard, my head on the corner of a cabinet, both still work! There are a lot of functions on it I don't know, but reading through the manual online. Be curious if you had any simple tricks to share, like sample rate preference/stereo or mono/single drums or full kit loops?
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Dungus » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:51 am

frodog wrote:
Dungus wrote:Jut remembered I have a Zoom Sampletrak that's been in my closet for... 20 years?! Jeezo

Ha! That's funny, the guy I bought it from said he'd gotten it from someone who kept it in a closet for 20 years.

I took it to rehearsal this weekend, and since the drummer wasn't there we used it to loop drums and such. Managed to trip over the power cable (drunk), Zoom fell on my pedalboard, my head on the corner of a cabinet, both still work! There are a lot of functions on it I don't know, but reading through the manual online. Be curious if you had any simple tricks to share, like sample rate preference/stereo or mono/single drums or full kit loops?

No, sorry, it's been so long since we used it, I can't remember too much. All I do really remember is trying to cram as much onto our little SD cards as possible, so most of the samples were super low quality. Changing SD cards between songs is pretty funny and sad, come to think of it.

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Blood_mountain » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:00 am

TKOG Mini Glitch!
Blood_mountain

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:21 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:Got a whirlwind phaser in. It comes in a black velvet drawstring bag like a sex toy

it sounds really nice too :thumb: :thumb:
MechaGodzilla

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby frodog » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Dungus wrote:No, sorry, it's been so long since we used it, I can't remember too much. All I do really remember is trying to cram as much onto our little SD cards as possible, so most of the samples were super low quality. Changing SD cards between songs is pretty funny and sad, come to think of it.

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah I'm wondering how much can fit on those old cards, what sample rate to use etc. But I'll figure it out. Still reading the manual, some of the functions aren't really intuitive, but I knew what I was getting myself into with a piece of tech like this. It's great though, I can already do things only hereto/for.. such as before only possible in dreams. :omg:
frodog

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby omarwhite » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:40 am

man it's been bad lately:

IN:
Simms Watts AP100
MIJ Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

OUT:
Dirge Even Anguish
Gibson Firebrand LP
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby ck3 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:24 pm

Ordered a discounted Fredric Effects Accomplished Badger (wacky and highly-tweakable germanium boost) around the point all ILF threads became inappropriate and am expecting it soon.
ck3

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Got a newer Clarinot in and I love it for delay! Been sleeping on Midfi way too long
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby karmablock » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:52 pm

In: early birthday present to myself

karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby MrNovember » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:03 pm

I was so tempted by those, but couldn't justify the purchase. It looks awesome though!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear