Gasalcoholics anonymous? whoever said this was a help group?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? GAS makes me more creative right?

Postby Gone Fission » Thu May 02, 2019 11:20 pm

Yeah, totally hit the Freqout if you don’t have one. Buffer doesn’t fuss the Carcosa, so they pair well and are an awesome set up for $120.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Fri May 03, 2019 6:03 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:
Dandolin wrote:
BetterOffShred wrote:I bought a Way Huge Fat Sandwich off Napkins.. and I really like it. It's a pretty nice sounding 4049 distortion, with enough tweakability to be really useful but not so much as to be a pain in the ass. It has fantastic touch sensitivity and cleans up convincingly with guitar volume knob.
:thumb:

Ooh--I didn't realize that one was CMOS'd...gonna give that a fresh look :snax: :snax:

Yeah dude they are Ridonk cheap and sound really good. It has 3 internal trimmers I haven't messed with yet too. It's a really great pedal .. imagine that from Way Huge ;)

Thanks--hit a supa cheap one on Reverb :D :)* :joy: There will be tweakage :p
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JTurbide » Fri May 03, 2019 10:51 pm

Nothing in the post yet but I sold $1500 (CAD) of gear recently, still have around 7-800$ worth of gear that I'm trying to unload. Thinking about saving some more money this summer and get a custom bass like an Alembic, Stradi, Skjold, Carl Thompson.. etc. Or maybe go with something just plain badass like an ampeg AUB-1 or Dan Armstrong, gibson EB2, .... oh and I'm seriously considering getting a fretless one, would be pretty fun.
JTurbide

experienced
experienced

Postby BoatRich » Fri May 03, 2019 11:42 pm

Did anyone get a MicroFreak? I’m kinda curious after having a couple of microbrutes but I’m not sure I’ll like that keyboard thing.
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ck3 » Sat May 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Should have an EHX Grand Canyon inbound early next week. If QC is within acceptable limits, I'm thinking my Obscura and Nova Delay's days may be numbered.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun May 05, 2019 1:19 am

I think I scored a trace Eliot v type 4x12 cab.. Time will tell :excellent:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Achtane » Sun May 05, 2019 6:22 pm

A free Digitech Death Metal courtesy of my dad, who got it at an estate sale.
It's so metal!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun May 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Achtane wrote:A free Digitech Death Metal courtesy of my dad, who got it at an estate sale.
It's so metal!

:thumb: I still think the death metal is in that op 10 coolest pedals of all time list :thumb:

Also coming peavey rockmaster pre :yay:

AND purple knobs :doom:
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby coupleonapkins » Sun May 05, 2019 11:42 pm

BoatRich wrote:Did anyone get a MicroFreak? I’m kinda curious after having a couple of microbrutes but I’m not sure I’ll like that keyboard thing.

There was one for full price on Reverb this weekend (full description: "Arturia MicroFreak: Not my cup of tea."), but otherwise they're shipping from dealers around May 15th into June :erm:

The good news is that Microbrutes can be had for less than $150 here & there, maybe as a result :thumb:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Zounds Perspex » Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 am

I have a red knob Tonal Recall and Faves coming in today. Maybe this will *finally* be the delay pedal I've been looking for.
Maybe partying will help.
Zounds Perspex

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Mon May 06, 2019 4:20 pm

I want to participate in this thread...alas, I've only bought one pedal so far this year :eek: ...Which is a record breaking low for me.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dandolin » Mon May 06, 2019 7:49 pm

:( :hug:
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gila_crisis » Tue May 07, 2019 5:42 pm

I just got the EHX Switchblade Pro, as an upgrade of my old Boss LS2, to switch between guitar and synths prior entering the pedalboard.
So far I'm really very delighted!
IMG_7137.jpg
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby ck3 » Tue May 07, 2019 11:05 pm

Jero wrote:I want to participate in this thread...alas, I've only bought one pedal so far this year :eek: ...Which is a record breaking low for me.

I'm truly in awe of your level of restraint and ended up also ordering a deeply discounted Digitech FreqOut last weekend.:facepalm:

The EHX Grand Canyon arrived today, and there probably won't be time to tinker until this coming weekend. It appears smaller than photos would suggest and is dwarfed by my Boss RV-500.
ck3

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jero » Wed May 08, 2019 4:19 pm

ck3 wrote:
Jero wrote:I want to participate in this thread...alas, I've only bought one pedal so far this year :eek: ...Which is a record breaking low for me.

I'm truly in awe of your level of restraint and ended up also ordering a deeply discounted Digitech FreqOut last weekend.:facepalm:

The EHX Grand Canyon arrived today, and there probably won't be time to tinker until this coming weekend. It appears smaller than photos would suggest and is dwarfed by my Boss RV-500.

:lol: I started the year with a less is more plan, and surprisingly sticking to it. Got the DOD Rubberneck from a member at a great price, and that's it. I did buy a synth too though, which was something I've been meaning to do for a few years...but I've used it maybe 3 times. I have a couple pedals I'd like to try soon but I don't really need them so :idk:

The Grand Canyon seems pretty cool. I've been tempted by the regular one, and the Oceans reverb a couple times. Hope it works out for ya! Did you get the FreqOut from the proaudiostar deals? I almost grabbed a Carcosa but held off, and now they are back up in price again. I think the possible issues with the seller turned me off.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear