· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
General Gear Discussion - effects, synths, etc.
Post a reply

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:11 pm

I'd never heard of the Fender Performer from the '80s but now I want one. Thankfully way too rich for my blood for a goofy '80s pointy guitar.

Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:54 pm

echorec wrote:
moid wrote:They look like this (not my photo):

They look similar to the EHC 569 knobs, but I think the DOD knobs are less narrow. I've definitely seen similar knobs from other OEMs in recent catalogs and kits.

http://www.ehcknobs.com/index.php?id=KC

http://www.ehcknobs.com/index.php?id=distributors

If you look around long enough, you ought to be able to find an NOS set, but it's likely cheaper to just buy another DOD pedal. There's a guy on eBay (US) with a set of 3, but they're expensive and fairly gnarled. Good luck.

Thanks very much echorec - those knobs look identical and the measurements look the same (I measured mine... hmmm TWSS :)). Now I wonder how the hell I get hold of them in the UK. I think I'll have to email them because their UK distributor looks like they only sell in bulk... The prices of DOD knobs on Ebay are ridiculous! Someone in the UK wanted £9 per knob! I wouldn't want to cannibalise another pedal for this one because then I'd feel the urge to fix that too... time to write a begging email :)

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:I'd never heard of the Fender Performer from the '80s but now I want one. Thankfully way too rich for my blood for a goofy '80s pointy guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fugZHWtBT_k

Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:45 pm

jirodreamsofdank wrote:I'd never heard of the Fender Performer from the '80s but now I want one. Thankfully way too rich for my blood for a goofy '80s pointy guitar.

I've always wondered what those sounded like. Were those pickups active?

Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:34 pm

Passive and (supposedly) relatively low output.

Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:37 pm

Incoming: 1993 MIJ '69 RI Mustang

Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Looks sick! :joy:

Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:32 pm

NSFW: show
Image Image

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 pm

I'd probably hit that pointy Fender if it were neck through and had no pickup covers and a fixed bridge.

Super Electric has some fuzzes for 15% off via Reverb, so I gnabbed a Buzzaround clone. I look forward to determining if jumbo mojo components truly make a difference.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:10 am

ck3 wrote:I'd probably hit that pointy Fender if it were neck through and had no pickup covers and a fixed bridge.

Super Electric has some fuzzes for 15% off via Reverb, so I gnabbed a Buzzaround clone. I look forward to determining if jumbo mojo components truly make a difference.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. I had a MKI from him a while ago... Seemed like a good MKI, I just don't like the MKI sound. Buzzarounds, on the other hand, are more my speed...

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:34 am

Girls in school used to say, "want'ae nip ma pal?"

Meaning smoochy smooch.

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Got a free Farfisa compact duo today! It's definitely beat up, dirty and doesn't work but hopefully I can get her going! I got it from the original owners brother in law who said it's been sitting in the basement since the late 70s
IMG_20180622_200751390.jpg
IMG_20180622_200751390.jpg (101.55 KiB) Viewed 2711 times

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:48 pm

imJonWain wrote:Got a free Farfisa compact duo today! It's definitely beat up, dirty and doesn't work but hopefully I can get her going! I got it from the original owners brother in law who said it's been sitting in the basement since the late 70s

:love:

Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:48 pm

I picked up the EHX B9 from a local post office earlier today and will be taking it for a brief test drive shortly. Also, Idiotbox has completed and mailed preordered V2 Dungeonmasters, and I Just added Foxrox Brown Muff and Red Octave ZIM cards to the pile. A hung day, or whatever the young folks around here call it is imminent. :joy:

Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:03 pm

ck3 wrote:I picked up the EHX B9 from a local post office earlier today and will be taking it for a brief test drive shortly. Also, Idiotbox has completed and mailed preordered V2 Dungeonmasters, and I Just added Foxrox Brown Muff and Red Octave ZIM cards to the pile. A hung day, or whatever the young folks around here call it is imminent. :joy:

I saw idiotbox is having a 25% off sale today :excellent:
Post a reply