What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymous



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby spacelordmother » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:29 pm

Innnnnncoming:

Image

#100 of 100 :!!!:
spacelordmother

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 5358
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 4:45 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby MechaGodzilla » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:03 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:just bought a guitar neck on ebay for £14 !!!! :joy: even if it's mostly dogshit, if it's playable then I'll be both surprised and happy!

It's a lefty headstock so I'm thinking it's definitely gotta be a dick dale surfcaster thing

It's not pretty and the mount holes need redoing but... it's ok. In fact it looks unplayed. Finally have a cheap neck to practice doing nuts/frets/stuff.
Seance wrote:I want all nonsense in the pedal itself, but no-nonsense in how I acquire the pedal.
MechaGodzilla

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 am

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby The Eristic » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:39 pm

MSD Union Jack inbound. Not their most interesting pedal, maybe, but it was dirt cheap and their stuff is excellent quality.
The Eristic

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:48 am
Location: Cartersville, GA

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby Somnambulance » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:24 am

Listen, the WORLD is my board. All of the pedals are on it, just out of my reach..
Somnambulance

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby MechaGodzilla » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm

that's a beautiful stomp
Seance wrote:I want all nonsense in the pedal itself, but no-nonsense in how I acquire the pedal.
MechaGodzilla

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 am

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby rustywire » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:53 am

out: D-rock perc tourbox :hobbes:
in: NOS tubes including RCA 12ay7 & mullard 12ax7
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
Image
rustywire

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 am
Location: on.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Pocket Miku — which I didn't even suspect the existence of until someone 'round here passingly mentioned it a couple weeks ago — has arrived.

<Chuckling evilly at the thought of introducing Miku to the 856 for Zellersasn.>
solo (mostly ambient): https://mechanicalforestsound.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/
Heraclitus Akimbo

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:59 pm
Location: T.O.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:Pocket Miku — which I didn't even suspect the existence of until someone 'round here passingly mentioned it a couple weeks ago — has arrived.

<Chuckling evilly at the thought of introducing Miku to the 856 for Zellersasn.>

Somebody needs to send one of these to Magpie! Actually how much are they? Maybe I will send one to Magpie. It has to be bent
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:51 pm

MrNovember wrote:Somebody needs to send one of these to Magpie! Actually how much are they? Maybe I will send one to Magpie. It has to be bent


Pocket Miku = surprisingly cheap

Presumably as bendable as a Stylophone... although this actually has some more complex stuff under the hood, as it's MIDI-compatible via USB.
solo (mostly ambient): https://mechanicalforestsound.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/
Heraclitus Akimbo

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:59 pm
Location: T.O.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:
MrNovember wrote:Somebody needs to send one of these to Magpie! Actually how much are they? Maybe I will send one to Magpie. It has to be bent


Pocket Miku = surprisingly cheap

Presumably as bendable as a Stylophone... although this actually has some more complex stuff under the hood, as it's MIDI-compatible via USB.

Haha yes! This is probably the stupidest thing I've ever bought, but I am definitely sending it to Magpie to bend (along with a couple other things)
MrNovember

User avatar
Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:24 pm
Location: GTA

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby frodog » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:08 pm

Got one at last! Has been on my list since I spent some blazed hours with a friend's unit and had much fun. This is a 2.0. Came with the yellow overlay.

monotribe_2.jpg


And this Kawai 49-key/16bit oldie was for free! I paid the shipping COD, but the guy had not packed it well and it took three months to arrive. Domestic mail isn't always a safe bet. So had to glue a broken key, output and power jacks need fixing, but for now it works and actually has some great sounds/functions. The stereo chorus is gold. IME Kawai has the best sounds in this class of (usually) cheap '90s keyboards. I'd love a K4 but those are a bit more.

kawai_MS510.jpg


Plus I bought a two-tier keyboard table/stand, used as well. Holds three synths comfortably, and my pedalboard fits right under it, so it frees up a lot of space.
Last edited by frodog on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frodog

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 pm
Location: the hollowed out chest of a dead horse

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby rustywire » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:34 pm

New band name: ONE FINGER AD-LIB
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
Image
rustywire

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 am
Location: on.

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby frodog » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:22 pm

LUL

Yeah it's a cool function - when on, the keys in the marked area play (tempo- but not pitch-adjustable) short, looped trills/riffs in the style of the selected rhythm.
frodog

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:55 pm
Location: the hollowed out chest of a dead horse

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby MechaGodzilla » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:06 pm

rustywire wrote:New band name: ONE FINGER AD-LIB

Will Carruthers wrote:“Just play one note,” Sonic had advised us as we travelled down to the M1. “Keep it simple. One note. No fancy stuff.” By “fancy stuff” he meant two notes.
Seance wrote:I want all nonsense in the pedal itself, but no-nonsense in how I acquire the pedal.
MechaGodzilla

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1310
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:19 am

Re: What is in the post? welcome to GWA: gear whores anonymo

Postby daedelus23 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:23 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
rustywire wrote:New band name: ONE FINGER AD-LIB

Will Carruthers wrote:“Just play one note,” Sonic had advised us as we travelled down to the M1. “Keep it simple. One note. No fancy stuff.” By “fancy stuff” he meant two notes.


His book, Playing the Bass with Three Left Hands, is great if anyone hasn't read it. That's where the article came from, obvs.
llull1.bandcamp.com
daedelus23

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:55 am
Location: Flatbush

PreviousNext

Return to General Gear



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pladask and 7 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.